Jump to content Jump to content

Bottas FCOL

As the latest update is probably the last bigish one.  I decided to again start another my team career. And do I dare to dream. For the first time since 2nd driver boosts were disabled..the cost stupidly reactivated..  First race off the season Bottas wasn’t in the top two... Oh please let this be it.   Cause not only wasn’t he in the top two.. who was you ask?   For once max and Lewis... and Lewis not only finished race he won.. max right behind.  Bottas did make third but 15 seconds behind in a 50% race.. like half a second slower than the leaders.

Please please it’s wasn’t just the driver stats we see they tweaked.  And they have made Bottas and Perez half a second a lap slower than their teammates for most races.. (although in real races think Hamilton is a second a lap faster than Bot bot)

i know I’m getting ahead and normal Bottas domination will probably resume... Don’t think I want to go to Imola and find out:

Has anyone else noticed  the BOTEZ boys noticeably slower?  Or was it just a rare coding error😁

3 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

As the latest update is probably the last bigish one.  I decided to again start another my team career. And do I dare to dream. For the first time since 2nd driver boosts were disabled..the cost stupidly reactivated..  First race off the season Bottas wasn’t in the top two... Oh please let this be it.   Cause not only wasn’t he in the top two.. who was you ask?   For once max and Lewis... and Lewis not only finished race he won.. max right behind.  Bottas did make third but 15 seconds behind in a 50% race.. like half a second slower than the leaders.

Please please it’s wasn’t just the driver stats we see they tweaked.  And they have made Bottas and Perez half a second a lap slower than their teammates for most races.. (although in real races think Hamilton is a second a lap faster than Bot bot)

i know I’m getting ahead and normal Bottas domination will probably resume... Don’t think I want to go to Imola and find out:

Has anyone else noticed  the BOTEZ boys noticeably slower?  Or was it just a rare coding error😁

It would be great news. I have to try it when I can.

I simulated a season and Max was champion but Lewis always finished third and fourth, even though he was pole in some.  Lewis wins at Imola and Silverstone and Bottas just didn't fight for the title because he went to Ferrari in the middle of the season (he was leading the championship).  Max went to?  MERCEDES and then the championship ended, I think it was 50-60 pts more than Lewis.  That's because Vettel went to RBR and won two races.  Sometimes I think the problem is with Lewis…

Well thought I’d report Ba I’ve whether this great start to the season continued through to Imola....  any one care to guess..

Well after Qualifying.   Bottas got pole 🤬🤬🤬 Lewis 2nd, Perez 3rd and max 4th. But did it stay like this in the race your asking:.  And well erm No. 

Race starts without incident and the top 4 maintain their positions.  But  on the 4th lap I notice a Mercedes in the pit.. who could it be?  Hamilton obviously.   He attempted to overtake Bottas and As Ai Bottas (is polar opposite to human Bottas) is Viking Berserker aggressive  he  cuts infront off Lewis and took his wing off..    a lap later there’s a yellow flag into the fast chicane at the end off main straight.. a Redbull has spun off the track...  and ofcourse it was Max.  Hadt to wait to watch end o lf race replay to see what happened. And yes he attempted to pass Perez and and hit him.  Perez as we all know is an immovable object on track... max bounce off him and flew into the outfield..   And Perez continued on his merry way.. 

So now Bottas is back where he belongs at the top off the championship🤬🤬🤬

I try and I try to stay optimistic that Botrez gets properly sorted along with the rain.  As I think they would be simple fixes compared to the major bugs. But Game continues to strip any sore ce  off  immersion from us

Two issues that really do upset a large number offline single career players are Botrez abd rain... 

not a week goes by without a new thread on the subjects.  I don’t care if I get an answer from @BarryBL that it’s with someone who cares or not:  I don’t care if they don’t put it in patch notes .. Just would like to play a career that as Barry himself said in a post the other day. That they make the game as close to f1 representation as possible..  Well this season max has 9 wins Lewis has 8 and Botrez have one each?    In loads off my team career other than myself no ai driver has got. Close to that many. The top two teams 4 drivers shere them almost equally.

And on F1 has probably had its wettest ever season this year.. with 3 or 4 races... every other race in a myteam season has rain  at some point.. mainly right at he end just to really🤬🤬🤬🤬you off

I don't think you can really judge an entire season off two races... 

As maligned as Bottas is on this forum, it's important to remember that he's not necessarily a bad driver in Real Life and his main flaw in life is that he isn't Lewis Hamilton.  Bottas can get the occasional pole and he can also win a race here and there.  The problem that I think people have with Bottas in the game isn't that he gets a pole or a win in the first two races, it's the frequency that he gets them over the course of a season.

Therefore, you can't really say the problem is fixed / not fixed by just doing Bahrain and Imola. Particularly an Imola where it seemed teamwork wasn't the order of the day. 

I should put in a disclaimer that I don't have the same issues that you have in Career though. Mine are that Hamilton is too dominant in that he wins virtually all the time. The only time he didn't win up to Russia was Leclerc in Spain because Hamilton had engine trouble. You know, where they drop off like 2-3 seconds off the pace.   Rain also isn't an issue for me as out of about 90 sessions (3xP, 1xQ and 1R across a weekend and 18 races), i've had rain in about 12-15 of them, i'd say?  Maybe that's high but sometimes it's 2 sessions a weekend which isn't unreasonable that all 5 could be on a rainy weekend. 

37 minutes ago, SmokyAtom07 said:

it's the frequency that he gets them over the course of a season

Correct, and especially so in comparison to the in-game Hamilton. It has been this way ever since F1 2020 at least, at least in "myteam" game mode during the first few seasons you play. Whenever you look at the results of a 1st or 2nd myteam season, it clearly shows that Bottas scores the results that you would expect from Hamilton, and vice versa. Noone here at the forums has motivation to do these Bottas postings, other than we want this obvious flaw being corrected, we do not want to see Bottas the wingman dominating the sport in our game. Hamilton is nowhere in comparison and this kills any immersion you would play the real thing. 

In earlier posts I have bothered to compare IRL win rate / pole rate of either of these drivers with their results in game, but I got tired of this, as it seemed that we did not get any acknowledgement by the devs for this problem at all (if anything, they posted that it would not be fixed, which is ridiculous). 

Again, the issue with Bottas and Perez isnt them themselves, it's the personnel facility boosts. They need to remove them from AI teams and they should only apply to the My Team player car. 

If that's not possible, then we need the option to disable them for all teams altogether.

They will need a serious rework for the next game.

• Agree 3
5 hours ago, Liaveil said:

Again, the issue with Bottas and Perez isnt them themselves, it's the personnel facility boosts. They need to remove them from AI teams and they should only apply to the My Team player car. 

If that's not possible, then we need the option to disable them for all teams altogether.

They will need a serious rework for the next game.

Agreed that the problem doesn't reside with them alone, but it's probably usually them highlighted for two important reasons.

1. Because they're at the front of the field, and therefore accruing more points, they're more prevalent in the players attention.
  2. In real life, it's probably where the biggest teammate disparity in driver performance / finishing time difference in race would be. You could say Haas but they don't pick up points so it's harder to notice. 

I did think they would change it for next year as they're on an alternating cycle. One team does the story-based game (Butler/Weber of 2019 and Braking Point of 2021) and the other may do game-mode updates (MyTeam in 2020 and maybe a Formula Pathway in 2022 where F3 is incorporated?) and then another Braking Point in 2023.   I'm just hoping something like that means they will adapt the MyTeam mode to incorporate new things so will do away with some of the things that don't work as well.   However, I do fear it'll be an Evolution rather than a Revolution of the mode and it'll just be things shoehorned in rather than improving it.