Jump to content Jump to content

Constant CTD on PC 1.14 (GAME UNPLAYABLE)

OzzyGamer275

• A detailed description of the issue. Every time i load into a session, no matter what game mode, the game CTDs and EgoDumper pops up about 30 seconds to a minute after loading in. at first i thought it might have something to do with my Overclock settings but Stress Tests and playing other Performance heavy games run fine and no issues arise, and after setting my OC settings back to stock, the game still crashes. leading me to believe its something to do with the new Update
  • Report Code N/A
  • Platform? PC
  • Game-mode? 1.14
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard. Attached
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. Launch game. load into Time Trial, Career or Grand Prix etc. After loading screen you load into car (or HQ/Motorhome if playing MyTeam/Career) and after 30 seconds or more the game will CTD

@BarryBL If you could try your hardest to find a fix as soon as you possibly can please that would be great as I'd hate to go 3 weeks without being able to play the game AGAIN.

DxDiag.txt egodumper.log

6 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

What other troubleshooting have you tried @OzzyGamer275. Can you post your in-game settings please too, looking like the below:

I am unsure as to what other troubleshoot steps i am able to try?? its just simply game crashing no matter what mode i try and play. even in Theatre or Showroom.

Just happened again so here is a screenshot plus the Settings you asked for. 

P.S would like to add as i noticed you have it enabled. but DLSS on this game is the worse i've ever seen compared to other DLSS enabled games. even on Quality mode and it doesn't make a difference in FPS for me either. 

Screenshot_55.png

Screenshot_56.png

Screenshot_57.png

Screenshot_58.png

egodumper.log

Edited by OzzyGamer275
Added in the P.S

I've done a little more testing. it seems even the slightest touch on my GPU Clock speed (Asus ROG 3070 Ti OC) and the game will crash.. Memory clock i have set at +250 and the game works fine but not with +100 or higher clock speed. so i guess this game is poorly optimised when it comes to overclocking. as i have stress tested my 2115MHz (1845MHz base) OC setting on various benchmarks and games and its fully stable and the only problem i have ran into is on F1 2021. maybe this can be looked into? @BarryBL

• Administrator

Some basics you can change as well which are helpful:

• Some basics:

• Asynchronous Compute - Turn to off
  • Lower texture streaming
  • Turn down non-critical settings - Crowd for example.
  • You could limit your frame rate to improve stability.
  • have you got Screen Space Reflections on? I'd lower them.
  • Ensure no modifications are on the game.
  • Are you running anything in the background? Discord? 

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Some basics you can change as well which are helpful:

• Some basics:

• Asynchronous Compute - Turn to off
  • Lower texture streaming
  • Turn down non-critical settings - Crowd for example.
  • You could limit your frame rate to improve stability.
  • have you got Screen Space Reflections on? I'd lower them.
  • Ensure no modifications are on the game.
  • Are you running anything in the background? Discord? 

Is there much Difference with Texture streaming going from Very High to High? I do like to have good graphics and I am pretty happy with 100fps which I get with my current settings.

also yes I always run Discord in the background and Ghub, Corsair iCUE and Razer Synapse but otherwise that’s about it.

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Not a world of difference, does help with the stability balance. Can you see how it performs minus Discord, as its been reported by others to, at times, be problematic

I’ve never seen a difference in frames or stability with discord being closed, I suppose that could just depend on how much Memory people have, as I have 32GB and a 12 core CPU, having discord in the background doesn’t cause much impact for me at all when playing games. 

as for Asynchronous compute, I don’t notice any difference with that on or off either, should I?

Edited by OzzyGamer275

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, OzzyGamer275 said:

I’ve never seen a difference in frames or stability with discord being closed, I suppose that could just depend on how much Memory people have, as I have 32GB and a 12 core CPU, having discord in the background doesn’t cause much impact for me at all when playing games. 

as for Asynchronous compute, I don’t notice any difference with that on or off either, should I?

Not at face value, but its more for stability purposes that we recommend to set it to 'off'