F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Autosport multiplayer "My Vehicles"

How do I race with my vehicle? All of the race options just seem to throw me in a lobby with a pre-selected car. I have created my own race club since I thought I would need to do that but can't find the option to race with my car.

cjmarkham said:
How do I race with my vehicle? All of the race options just seem to throw me in a lobby with a pre-selected car. I have created my own race club since I thought I would need to do that but can't find the option to race with my car.
I think you have to create a custom event or something seeing as I don't have the game yet and I don't play online I can't say for sure

The game is a bit deceptive for online users. When you go into a race, I believe it automatically defaults you to a "loaner" car until you select your vehicle from the "choose your car" menu. And even in that menu, you have two of the same cars, one a loaner and one yours, so be careful.

Once you get enough in game cash you can start buying cars in each category.  I know Cat c Touring cars are 100,000 Credits to buy new.  Then you can start modifying your owned car after that

ildavo said:
Once you get enough in game cash you can start buying cars in each category.  I know Cat c Touring cars are 100,000 Credits to buy new.  Then you can start modifying your owned car after that
On my PS3 it showed 500.000 this morning!

Problem is, it' hard to get MP game cash, since you only get it in MP on-line events (and challenges, but these are weekly and few). To make it worse, if you get rammed in an on-line event (no, THAT never happens) then you lose cash because it deducts it from your payout to repair the car. Insane!

Looks like the only way to get any consistent in game cash in MP is to run pointless short races with a friend or two on tracks like Indy. So you are just going through the motions and not really enjoying the game for a long time. And even when you CAN buy a car in MP, it takes you many hours of racing it to get that car "leveled up" enough to be able to tune it or upgrade it. And you have to constantly repair it if you go on-line to the demolition derbies (which is pretty much any race on line).

i've found the online racing very fair so far.  You obviously get the odd nudge and first corner collisions, but nothing nearly as bad as on Grid 2.  It's a lot easier to avoid crashes on this game, something which wasn't the case on Grid 2 with all the drifting with every car.  Looking forward to more racers joining in online tonight now the game is available worldwide

With no mirrors, if someone wants to ram you (and there are plenty) then it's very easy to do. But I agree, it's better than GRID2 at least. Worst part is, damage to you car that is not your fault gets cash taken away from you.

i think the cash hit is probably a better way of putting rammers off... er..ramming than not having it.  Think clean racers will benefit overall in the long term.  That cash hit isn't too bad, especially if you get a high finishing position.  A few decent bumps only cost 1000 credits to repair, so you'll still end each race with a profit.  Even after i got mangled, lost 2 wheels and finished last, the bill was 3000 and i still ended up with profit!

RaceNet challenge is a good way to earn money, especially if you place in the higher percentage brackets.

It sounds to me like they have really hamstrung the Multipayer aspect of this game which is a crying shame as it seems like it's the perfect vehicle for some great (orgnanised) Multiplayer racing.

Loving the MP structure.... Gives great sense of progression. You can still buy the vehicles for your league play once done a few races. Just agree to all cap upgrading/tuning until you have saved enough cash :)

Am I wrong in thinking that too many are on a bum's rush to get everything done like yesterday ?

After waiting for 6 years this is the nearest we have gotten to Grid 1 so taste every morsel . . . more tea ?
~O)

Am I wrong in thinking that too many are on a bum's rush to get everything done like yesterday ?

After waiting for 6 years this is the nearest we have gotten to Grid 1 so taste every morsel . . . more tea ?
~O)
You are either a mature chap like me or just different than your standard "want it now" generation. Either way I totally agree. The whole point of the multiplayer set up us to provide a sense of progression and personally I'm loving it :)

Voidhawk said:

~O)
You are either a mature chap like me or just different than your standard "want it now" generation. Either way I totally agree. The whole point of the multiplayer set up us to provide a sense of progression and personally I'm loving it :)
The rammers are also learning that they can't gimp people like on Grid 2. Thoroughly enjoying the multiplayer. Gonna always have something to spend my cash on. I'll admit I had been worried about the collisions but ... they're very forgiving for the sorts of bumps/knocks that are commonplace amongst competitive drivers.

Gonna hope the online lasts. Is heaps better than Grid 2.

~O)
Funny you mention that captain I was just about to write the same thing. Man you guys need to slow down and not be in such a damn rush. For me anyway there's no new racing game coming till October . So I'm just taking my sweet azz time.

Voidhawk said:

~O)
I'm of the "old Fart" variety . . .

The young think they can relax and hang loose . . .we know we can . . . cup of char ?
~O)

KazzyMac said:
Voidhawk said:

~O)
The rammers are also learning that they can't gimp people like on Grid 2. Thoroughly enjoying the multiplayer. Gonna always have something to spend my cash on. I'll admit I had been worried about the collisions but ... they're very forgiving for the sorts of bumps/knocks that are commonplace amongst competitive drivers.

Gonna hope the online lasts. Is heaps better than Grid 2.
I've only done about 8 online races but am perfectly happy with what looks like collision forward, the resistance of the cars to not spin, to spin only when hit at the right spot, etc . .

I could be wrong but on many tracks we are near the actual width where in Grid 1 the track to car seemed to give the track a much wider space.
For those of us who watch the early am touring series programs on TV GAS seems to have gotten it spot on, which is why we now seem to be more crowded . . . not sure about how many cars on track now but wasn't Grid 1 12 cars ?

Problem is, it' hard to get MP game cash, since you only get it in MP on-line events (and challenges, but these are weekly and few). To make it worse, if you get rammed in an on-line event (no, THAT never happens) then you lose cash because it deducts it from your payout to repair the car. Insane!

Looks like the only way to get any consistent in game cash in MP is to run pointless short races with a friend or two on tracks like Indy. So you are just going through the motions and not really enjoying the game for a long time. And even when you CAN buy a car in MP, it takes you many hours of racing it to get that car "leveled up" enough to be able to tune it or upgrade it. And you have to constantly repair it if you go on-line to the demolition derbies (which is pretty much any race on line).
I'd say
that as well, the levelling up is a bit unfair on latecomers and the lesser skilled, It will take them a while to collect enough xp as they will always be at the back of the handout queue.
Not that I have enough xp to buy my own motor yet as everyone is still in loaners, but if and when I buy a car and upgrade it and it is faster I will feel Im taking advantage and noob bashing. 
:D

yep trash game setup/direction, pointless career too