DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Version 0.9, still fullscreen problems...

Hi, can you guys please fix the fullscreen problem now, or atleast answer about it if you guys are looking into it or what? Even emails to support about it gett ignored...The problem is with nvidia laptop cards(not everyone, but most people) that no matter what you do the game won't go to fullscreen.

And not have fullscreen is not that big problem on it's own, but I think it's the cause off my 2nd, big, problem. And that is that the wheel get disconnected. And I have a feeling that happend since its a conflict with the game since it refuse to go to fullscreen. Since have no problems in any other games with the wheel, and it normally happend when a popup comes up. Like java, steam, skype, discord etc notification or something comes up, then the wheel get disconnected and I have to restart the game for the wheel to get properly connected again.

So this game is great, but I have given it up now until this problem is fixed since it's unplayable for me ofc when it disconnects my wheel...

I highly doubt the game cannot be set to fullscreen at all...I have issues with it too sometimes, but I still can get it to works.

Honestly I dont care about what you think when I know my game can't go to fullscreen...:P I know there have been alot off people repporting it on differant forums, and everyone that repports it use nvidia laptop card...

It's not about what I think, it's about what you might be doing wrong. Have you tried to force it into fullscreen mode in the executable? Are you Alt-tabbing, messing with windowed mode or tried Alt+enter, I don't know if you're a noob or not because you're main post doesn't have any feedback of what you've tried and what not which is not very helpful for me, and probably for the developer too.

Yes I should put more info into the first post...But I have tried everything.. Everything in game settings(ofc), alt+enter, force fullscreen through NVIDIA GeForce Experiance etc but nothing works, it just gets blackscreen 1sec like normal when you change, then you get quastion to keep changes or not, and its still window mode and you click yes and it keeps the window mode.  And can also search on google, alot off people have had this problem with the game + nvidia laptop cards. 

It do this for me too (still stays in windowed mode after I set it to fullscreen) and sometimes the resolution get back to previous settings. I have to check options back to make sure the new settings have saved, and have to restart game 2-3 times until it works. You can try alt+enter but don't use alt+tab or full window (button next to minimize) or else, it will never work.

I can't think off how many times I have restarted the game, checkd if settings saved etc...And as I told I have tried Alt+Enter, without it working.  If I change every settings in game etc, and it don't work then I turn off the game, go into NVIDIA GeForce Experiance, and there it stands in settings for Dirt Rally that its window mode, so I change that again to fullscreen. Then start the game and the screen is black 1-2secs, then it start in a very small window mode, so there is something that makes it refuse to go to fullscreen. Have even edited files to fullscreen, but nothing.