Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using Logitech G920 with F1 2015

Hi there, just setup my G920 yesterday and could not get the game to calibrate the steering degrees to 360. Still set at 900. Is there a sequence of turning on the XB1 and the steering wheel I should be following
, so that it recognises the G920 and then sets the degrees to 360. Also is there a fix coming to solution the brake issue, as this makes the game impossible to play ?.
Regards Mark.

Mark206 said:
Hi there, just setup my G920 yesterday and could not get the game to calibrate the steering degrees to 360. Still set at 900. Is there a sequence of turning on the XB1 and the steering wheel I should be following
, so that it recognises the G920 and then sets the degrees to 360. Also is there a fix coming to solution the brake issue, as this makes the game impossible to play ?.
Regards Mark.
Not sure on whether there's a fix inbound for the braking issue yet. That the XB1 patch has delayed a short while is a positive step as this might mean it contains a fix, but I'm sure @Lozzy can update us as soon as the holiday period is over with.

For the steering angle, the game will set it to 360 degrees when it starts up. Go ahead and start the game, as soon as you get to the 2014/2015 choice menu try turning the wheel and it should be locked to 360 degrees. As mentioned previously in this thread though it's bugged, so any interaction with the XB1 dashboard will reset the lock on the wheel, and the only way to get it back is restart the game. Quick fix? let the wheel reset to 900 degrees and set steering saturation to 60. That'll get you steering on a 360 degree scale (but not an actual lock) and you can do what you like with the XB1 dash. Hope this helps :)

is there a way we can increase the amount of brake outer deadzone in the pedals? i mean like get full brake by only pressing the brake pedal to 50%?
what is brake linearity for? does that help in changing the pedal brake range?

Thanks.

@pwellsau Unfortunately Codemasters have said they were not able to fix it and that it would be "something that's high up our list of things to address for 16".

Basically they're not fixing it at all for 2015. See below for the confirmation from @Lozzy . It's worth noting there's no actual guarantee it'll get fixed for F1 2016 either.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/155757/#Comment_155757

Ugh. What a shame. I bought the wheel pretty much to use it with F1 exclusively, what a waste. Thanks heaps Codemasters!
Thanks for responding @Avengerrr and your efforts trying to bring the problem to their attention.

I know this thread is older, but I felt like I need to chime in on this...

I have been using my Logitech G920 for quite a while. Got it in November, and use it in all racing games that I have for Xbox One, except F12015. The reason, is the issues that have been reported on this thread. I'm not sure if it's been fixed yet, as I haven't played the game for a couple of months now. Other games are taking priority at this time.

But to those who have stated that the 900 degree-lock reset doesn't happen on any other game haven't used this wheel in any other games. The Forza games had this problem happen, and is still an issue with Forza Motorsport 5 and Forza Horizon 2. They managed to get a patch in for Forza Motorsport 6 to make it not reset all of the time. But the issue is still there. Every once in a while, it will reset the degrees of rotation.

This isn't so much a game issue, as a software issue within the Xbox OS. Everytime I go to the OS screen; i.e.: chat, friends, snap, it can, and usually does reset it.

There is a firmware update from Logitech for the wheel, but it hasn't helped as much as they thought it would. And I think it's mostly for the PC games anyway. But I did notice improvements on the calibration upon plugging in the controller. It used to not recognize full pedal travel on any pedal til the firmware update rolled out. And I don't have any PC racing games that support the wheel to test it with on PC.

So, in summation, if the wheel works for you, awesome. If it works, but intermittently resets, try not launching any notifications (On Xbox One), and you shouldn't have a problem. If it doesn't work, try the latest firmware update, and it should work. But with the lack of options (compared to other racing titles) in the configuration department, I've stayed away from this game when I want to use the G920.

But I figured I'd relay my experiences with other games with this wheel, and to mention that it is not F1 2015 specific, on Xbox One at least. I am hoping this helps others who have these issues and can have a better idea how to get around the issues, if possible for them.

As already mentioned earlier, if you set the steering saturation at 71 this fixes the steering bug. If you then enter the assists menu and select the brake option, picking either full assist or the one down, then this makes the braking more bearable. Give it a go and let me know if this helps.

Hi everyone, a little bit late to the show here. The lock issue still ongoing, ridiculous considering the money we spend on it all. However I have fixed the brake issue, it's not to everyone's taste to do this sort of thing, but being an engineer I'm a tad handy to it. 

I invested in another brake Spring (eBay number below, copy into search bar on eBay) and took the pedals apart. 

Before buying this, I took the back plate off the pedal box, and there you will have the 3 pedals ( unfortunately I forgot to picture any of this! ) the pedals just rest in there so you can carefully lift out the brake pedal and turn it round, there's very small wires and small crimps so be delicate with it.

there is a nut and bolt on one end of the pedal, undo this and carefully slide the bolt out, whilst holding the red plastic bit (which is made to look like a shock absorber) to stop the spring sending it flying, take the plastic bit off and there is the spring,  with a smaller rubber block inside it, nothing technical at all, but that's why it's impossible to press is it! 

First of all I tried stuffing the spring with a magic sponge which is used for cleaning tiles etc... And tried different amounts until eventually I got the right amount, I had to take it apart and put it back together about 5 times ( I used project cars wheel calibration to see how much I could push the pedal). This worked to an extent, and it is cheaper option, but if you're fussy like me I got bored after a day or two. So I bought this;

It is very good, still got that progressive feel but it's actually possible to push it all the way down without being worn out after a lap of a track.