Sign in to follow this  

One major complaint about the tracks...

4 hours in... all in the Touring car discipline... having a total blast with the game.  I am very happy with my purchase.

However, Codemasters... Why did you include real-world tracks in reverse configurations in the career mode?  It is sacrilige running these world famous tracks in reverse.  Just did Red Bull Ring in reverse... it's terrible.  If you made us do Laguna Seca in reverse, everyone would be crying bloody murder.  Totally not looking forward to Mount Panorama in reverse.  Really wish you left the real-world circuit reverse layouts (that aren't used in real life) out of the career mode events and only for online and custom single player events.

Reverse tracks is perhaps one of the things I hate the most about CM games. They do It just as a matter of giving the user a false impression about the actual number of tracks.

Reverse Spa (on Grid too) has always been the perfect example of why hating on this so hard

Yeah it is a great added bonus,  if you don't want to race them for whatever reason,  then DON'T ... but it is ridiculous to complain about added content that others may enjoy just cause you do not !

i hate reverse tracks too. its just a way of the devs getting lazy and cant be bothered to add new tracks. so they thought i know lets go backwards aswell

Most people think that the lines are different backward & forward, but the reality is that the optimal line is the same forward & reverse. If you want to master the track you learn both way.

Take a map of the real world track & draw a racing ideal line going forward. After you take the map again & draw your ideal racing line backward. If both don't match it mean your ideal line is wrong. Professional suggest to draw the racing line backward first & doing forward after. Braking & acceleration is obviously different, but you have to use that same path.

You also have those leaderboard pattern as both forward & reverse time are the same.

Reverse real life tracks could bother me but meh, it just means more content! And, this game is and out and out arcade game afterall ;)

Personally I love the idea of reverse tracks and think it's a nice addition and as has already been said adds some longevity to the game. Last time I raced reverse tracks was in Grand Prix Legends :x

andmcq said:
it just means more content!

That's precisely what OP was hinting to. It makes you think the game features more content

hola said:
andmcq said:
it just means more content!

That's precisely what OP was hinting to. It makes you think the game features more content

And that's because it does...

No, it actually is more content. It allows you to race in reverse. Like it or not, that is more content.

I'm confused. Reversed/mirrored tracks = more content.

Is that what we're talking about?

Don't you think It is "more options" instead of "more content" (regarding actual number of tracks)?

It equates to different ways to experience the game. That to me means more content, but each to their own.

I don't mind it. Helps give a little more longevity to the game.
Exactly how I see it. Given they can only license so many as the more they license the moer expensive it is to produce the game. it's another way of getting more out of the tracks they have. I remember on Grid 2 trying to learn Yas Marina backwards that was tricky fun but tricky. By splitting them up into  North circuit/South circuit and also adding the possibility of reverse routes I think it adds to the game.

Never was fan over reversed tracks but I have to say they are surprisingly fun! I even enjoyed BratWurst the other way around!

It's a misleading and unnecessary marketing gimmick. An option to run them backwards is fine. But forcing you to run them backwards in Career is not fine. Would you ever see BTCC running Brands Hatch in reverse in real life? Of course not!

MaXKiLLz said:
It's a misleading and unnecessary marketing gimmick. An option to run them backwards is fine. But forcing you to run them backwards in Career is not fine. Would you ever see BTCC running Brands Hatch in reverse in real life? Of course not!
Maybe they should !!, sort out the barriers and run offs and there really shouldnt be a problem  :-bd

Really the reverse track thing does not bother me. Except when it disrupts the flow of the track. What I mean by this is, some high speed sections turn into lower speed sectiins and vice versa. It just makes laps & racing feel akward. Most of the tracks this is not a big deal though.

But what I would like to see is some of the tracks that have been in use for a long time like Spa & Hockenheim etc. To have the classic layouts from the 60's, 70's, & 80's. The older tracks had more high speed sections because they did not have chicanes yet. This was done in Shift2. They also had the old Monza with the oval included! 

MaXKiLLz said:
And in real life none of us would be allowed within 10ft of a real race car... but that's because this is a video game...

I like having the reversed versions. It feels like a whole new track to me most of the time.

Maybe a reasonable solution to this would be to include an option in career mode whereby you can choose if reverse layouts are included or not?  Similar to football games where you can choose if retired players can come back as young players in a career mode.  Allowing the player to tailor the game to their suiting means everyones a winner...except the developers who have to put in the extra work to programme that option of course.

Bob422 said:
I like having the reversed versions. It feels like a whole new track to me most of the time.
That's why I like it too I was used to playing Yas Marina the F1 way round  and yes it's probably the most fun way round but just sticking to it would potentially be boring after a while and would cost CM more money as they'd have to license and prepare more tracks for the game. This way they effectively get a new track by creating a different route around it and it doesn't cost them anything other than development time. TBH this is one of the things I actually quite liked about Grid 2 that and the liveroutes. Granted they've not kept the liveroutes but I'm pleased they've kept the idea of the various routes around the tracks as it'll help to make every championship a little different.