Sign in to follow this  

One major complaint about the tracks...

come on dudes , ok normal version of any track is better , but reverse tracks help the game to have more content so i am happy with them... B-)

Interesting that this is almost 50/50 in response.  I think it's a lazy way to add extra content, and some of the reverses are worse than others.  I do wish there was an option to opt out of the events in career mode (set them back to their normal direction)... but it's not.

In Grid 1 we had all reverse tracks and no-one complained . . so, we spend 6 years chasing a successor, get it, and then complain about something which was in the original . .crazy world . . 

Forwards, backwards . .great fun . .
*-:)

DjFIL said:
Interesting that this is almost 50/50 in response.  I think it's a lazy way to add extra content, and some of the reverses are worse than others.  I do wish there was an option to opt out of the events in career mode (set them back to their normal direction)... but it's not.
Lazy is a harsh word and a bit unfair, our level designers worked flat out to get you all those locations, the majority of which we were told we "had to have them".

I don't think we've ever unfairly promoted the game for having more content than it does. We've always said 22 locations with over 100 routes. Then when we revealed the full track list we detailed those routes, reversed included.

It's an interesting discussion though so will be watching this thread to see how it pans out.

Loore said:
DjFIL said:
Lazy is a harsh word and a bit unfair, our level designers worked flat out to get you all those locations, the majority of which we were told we "had to have them".

I don't think we've ever unfairly promoted the game for having more content than it does. We've always said 22 locations with over 100 routes. Then when we revealed the full track list we detailed those routes, reversed included.

It's an interesting discussion though so will be watching this thread to see how it pans out.
I agree I know you and the Grid team have worked flat out to try to get this game right, I for one do appreciate the effort even though my copy hasn't shown up yet but that's out of your control. TBH reversed/forward  North circuit/ South circuit I'll race them anyway you give them to me as I just enjoy the experience of racing them.

Loore said:
DjFIL said:

Whiners gonna whine.

I don't get the big deal about 'reverse tracks being bad'. They're an interesting take and usually end up being a completely different circuit in feel. I'll admit that Bathurst backwards is a nightmare, but tracks like Brands Hatch and Austin are pretty fun backwards.

And I'm pretty sure if we -couldn't- drive tracks in reverse, we'd get people whining 'why are there not enough routes why can't we drive in reverse'? That's what I feel. Plenty of games I've played that I wished had reverse tracks.

My opinion is probably the minority, though.

I just did the RaceNet challenge with Spa GP Reverse.

Just when you thought Eau Rouge couldn't be more scary...

People gotta complain about something . Why ??? Skip the tracks and play the others easy peasy!
Tell me how to skip the tracks?  Just forefit that race weekend?

Britpoint said:
I just did the RaceNet challenge with Spa GP Reverse.

Just when you thought Eau Rouge couldn't be more scary...
Indeed looked  a bit like Lagona Seca's Corkscrew corner on @Skid's liovestream

DjFIL said:
People gotta complain about something . Why ??? Skip the tracks and play the others easy peasy!
as far as I know that would be the only way

Loore said:
DjFIL said:

You told us we would have Time Trial, Loore, and it isn't there ?????

It's coming in a free update.

"Game development often hits unexpected problems despite immovable deadlines. For GRID Autosport we reached a significant technical stumbling block with the leaderboards in Time Trial, and had to pull it from the launch version of the game. Don’t worry though (pitchforks back in the shed please!) we’ll be re-instating it as soon as we are able after launch via a free update.

We know how important Time Trial is to you and we share the same sentiment, it’s incredibly important to us too which is why as you read this we’re already hard at work preparing it for arrival. Expect updates on that soon after launch."

It's coming, but it wasn't quite in a ready enough state to launch. We're giving it some extra love and care.

Keep the tracks in reverse, but for career mode like a previous poster put it, just have an option to toggle the reverse to off.  Why remove a feature when half of the people like it?  The more the better!

A little off topic, but in general thinking... everyone has a different opinion and there are all kinds of preferences and different skill levels.  You can't please everyone when the choices are already decided for you.

That's why I never understood the point of making a Sim Cade game where its in the middle, then you aren't pleasing anyone.  Make it more hardcore.  Make it so there are options where users can toggle to get their own experience so it can then become sim cade, and then arcade.  Now you have everything covered! 

The more options the better... again it is impossible to please everyone... I don't know, does that make sense?  ( I know at this point it then becomes a resources problem, which can fit and what cant)

The key is to have a choice! 

Options are always the better option :P

I'm in the don't like reverse tracks camp! Didn't like them in previous CM games. Real life race circuits are designed to flow in one direction which is why a lot of the time they feel disjointed in reverse. Should be optional in career mode then everyone's happy. I personally don't mind having less tracks as I have enough problems memorising all of them as it is 8-}

Loore said:

"Game development often hits unexpected problems despite immovable deadlines. For GRID Autosport we reached a significant technical stumbling block with the leaderboards in Time Trial, and had to pull it from the launch version of the game. Don’t worry though (pitchforks back in the shed please!) we’ll be re-instating it as soon as we are able after launch via a free update.

We know how important Time Trial is to you and we share the same sentiment, it’s incredibly important to us too which is why as you read this we’re already hard at work preparing it for arrival. Expect updates on that soon after launch."

It's coming, but it wasn't quite in a ready enough state to launch. We're giving it some extra love and care.
So does that apply to the track leaderboards also ??

If I have to learn a track I'd like it to be new at least. It's not a big deal either way for me, but I'd still like most of the tracks to play the way they were designed.

Loore said:

So does that apply to the track leaderboards also ??
I'l have the full info on Time Trial soon, but yes, track specific leaderboards are there.

DjFIL said:
Just quit out of the races and get 0 credit. I mean if doing the tracks in reverse r to hard just wimp out and quit.

DjFIL said:
Just quit out of the races and get 0 credit. I mean if doing the tracks in reverse r to hard just wimp out and quit.
Nothing about the tracks being "too hard"... in my opinion there is no track that is "too hard".  It's just not in the spirit of being an authentic (all be it an arcade physics based) racing game.

DjFIL said:
the only other answer is practice them the option to drive them is available in the custom cup setup as you can pick your discipline,car and track  for tracks you're either weak on or don't know very well. Took me a while to master Abu Dhabi reversed at least took me 2 or 3 attempts but I enjoyed the challenge and eventually mastered it on Grid2  and given they've given us extra assists this time. It should be even easier to learn in Autosport.

DjFIL said:
DjFIL said:
Nothing about the tracks being "too hard"... in my opinion there is no track that is "too hard".  It's just not in the spirit of being an authentic (all be it an arcade physics based) racing game.
But this game in no way is trying to be authentic. 

andmcq said:
DjFIL said:
DjFIL said:
But this game in no way is trying to be authentic. 
Indeed  if it was it would be called something like BTCC championship or something like that but it's not it's called Grid Autosport and that means it's supposed to be a half sim half arcade game that everybody can enjoy playing. I personally don't mind them as it gets twice the amount of racing out of them this way for every time they use them. TBH I'd rather have these sorts of tracks than all the street tracks we  had in the first 2 grids as those tracks really are tough going.

Loore said:
DjFIL said:

22 locations. I'm going to run through my racing games with dedicated circuits for Xbox 360 really quick, and we'll see how many locations we have for each:

F1 2010, 2011: 19 environments
F1 2012: 20 environments
F1 2013: 21 environments, +2 DLC
Forza 2: 12 environments, +2 DLC
Forza 3: 22 environments
Forza 4: 24 environments, +1 DLC
GRID: 15 environments
GRID 2: 14 environments, +2 DLC
NASCAR (all of them): 22 environments
NFS Pro Street: 12 environments
NFS Shift: 19 environments, +1 DLC
NFS Shift 2: 34 environments, +10 DLC
Race Pro: 13 environments, +5 DLC
Test Drive Ferrari: 20 environements

Seems pretty decent for this generation, honestly. This is especially true when you consider Shift 2 had about half the cars Grid Autosport does, and about 8 of those tracks are dragways or small ovals, and most of what comes close consists of series oriented games.

It makes game volume double. No need to oppose reverse track. If you don't want it, just pass it. I'm totally pleased with reverse track.