DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grip in Wales

its a strange 1 this, before lastnight i would have said yes, needs to be more slippery........... but then i strapped the oculus rift to my face, and suddenly everything makes sense, the physics, the grip level, wales is actually incredibly slippery, but its taken a different view point and way of playing to see/feel this

if anyone gets the chance to play this in a rift, dont do it! you will lose your life hahahahahaa

MM

But in real life, damp wet gravel isn't very slippy.  You can push a lot harder on Wet gravel (Wales) than damp tarmac too (weird, i know).  

The dry stuff in Greece, thats different, it will be trickier!

KevM said:
But in real life, damp wet gravel isn't very slippy.  You can push a lot harder on Wet gravel (Wales) than damp tarmac too (weird, i know).  

The dry stuff in Greece, thats different, it will be trickier!
Dude have you seen any wales rally gb this year tests? Did you see hayden paddon couldnt get his i20 to traction properly, in mud you cant brake as good as you can brake in DiRT Rally in rain which is pretty much the same braking points

Dude have you seen any wales rally gb this year tests? Did you see hayden paddon couldnt get his i20 to traction properly, in mud you cant brake as good as you can brake in DiRT Rally in rain which is pretty much the same braking points
I cant work out what you mean?

In mud you cant brake good?  No, that's accurate, mud offers no grip.  But rain can wash that away and give awesome grip!  As the stage runs & cars wear ruts, the mud/stone combo can be like ice.  Hard to recreate...
In DiRT Rally you can brake more on wet gravel, yes, thats what I said.

I dont need to 'watch' the WRC for an opinion on the subject, I have rallied on wet gravel.

KevM said:
I cant work out what you mean?

In mud you cant brake good?  No, thats accurate, mud offers no grip.
In DiRT Rally you can brake more on wet gravel, yes, thats what I said.

I dont need to 'watch' the WRC for an opinion on the subject, I have rallied on wet gravel.
You are the only one who say that it is ok and faster drivers than you say it is wrong, in mud you cant go as fast as you go in rain at DiRT Rally, it is just to lower the grip, try braking in dry gravel and in mud in real life, and try in dirt, and you will realize that you are wrong, also the Car have very Fast corner speed in rain, which will need to be much slower, i also have driven in mud and in gravel.

KevM said:
KevM said:
 I have rallied on wet gravel.

Doesnt seem, just watch the poll, all the pro's in it is grippy and the rest in no its fine

The 'grip' problem in the game is more car physics related than surface.  Watch a real WRC car/stage again, drivers set the car for the corner and drive the car in a power-slide through it.  Our game cars have too much lateral grip and you cant carry any slip angle before the car grips and straightens.  Even on the ice at the top of  Monte in full slicks in a RWD, the cars are too user-friendly.  They always tend to straighten when you should be punished with swapping ends, but that's not the fault of the surface.  On any other stage in the game, all cars are virtually incapable of  staying in a sustainable lateral slide

& Fedemaisonnave, what you need to realise is, its a game!  You can be ultra-fast at the game, without even having a drivers license, it means nothing.  
The fastest runs I have seen on Wales, take big silly cuts and pot-luck jumps that a professional WRC driver wouldn't even think of attempting on a real stage in a real car, nor would the stages allow!  For the most, the in-game Welsh stages are too generous with the stage boundaries, you can take too many cuts without risk. If you had to 'think & drive' the stage more, the grip level aint the problem, but car starts to be.