Jump to content Jump to content

Next years game and Covid

(Poll of polls) Cancel or Release   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want/like Codemasters to release next years game if it has similar issues to this year or Delay or even cancel?

• Release on time ready or not?
    • Delay For as long as it takes
    • Cancel so I can spend my money on something that works as advertised

Covid quite obviously is a major reason this years game has had many many issues.  I was holding out hope that we were past the worst off Covid and Codemasters would be able to develop a much improved game next year.

But now I fear New variant of  Covid will cause as much, if not more disruption as previous waves have.  And wonder led if codemasters will attempt to make mugs of us again?

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Agree 2
13 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Covid quite obviously is a major reason this years game has had many many issues.  I was holding out hope that we were past the worst off Covid and Codemasters would be able to develop a much improved game next year.

But now I fear New variant of  Covid will cause as much, if not more disruption as previous waves have.  And wonder led if codemasters will attempt to make mugs of us again?

They will do what they did this year, copy the game from last year, add 100 bugs and sell it for 80€ or maybe more because finally €A And it came here for a reason.

Edited by AndRe5550148
  • Agree 4
19 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I was thinking about the same in 2020, when f1 2021 was developed. And jap, it could be that the restrictions in the pandemic makes working less efficient for codemasters. But we all know that codemasters contract makes them realising a game every year, so canceling is not a real option. But in times like this codemasters really should decide what they should focus on. Like I said game has already good elements. They should stopp announcing that both f2 seasons will be implemented, decide for one and that's it. They shouldn't implement no more modes, when the already existed modes don't get enough passion from the developers. If you ask me, codemasters should work on existing modes and only invest there in case of depth (better interview's and press & media world, making money more important case of upgrades, more cutscenes (look at the quality of the story mode!), etc ), variety (more managing in my team, more practise programs, pre seasons testing etc.), online expierence overall, a "bugless" expierence and overall the new handling for sure. The new regulation of the cars makes the new game special enough, so I hope they focus on the core things of the game and don't waste time.  

Edited by DonBlanko
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

I really love my team and one off very few  career mode in a game that I play over and over.  And gameplay wise I’ve hardly had an issue.   And as far as the ai I found it really good.  But as I’ve played numerous careers I notice after every patch the gameplay the further you go into your career becomes increasingly unbalanced and badly disguised scripts really starts to suck the life out off me

Fear Not!

For a more balanced opinion on Covid may I suggest Dr. John Campbell on Youtube. He does a daily talk, since I live in the US his insights have been pretty spot on.

How this will affect the next game is anybody's guess as possible lockdowns could affect production. Jmo

7 minutes ago, Badmayhem said:

Fear Not!

For a more balanced opinion on Covid may I suggest Dr. John Campbell on Youtube. He does a daily talk, since I live in the US his insights have been pretty spot on.

How this will affect the next game is anybody's guess as possible lockdowns could affect production. Jmo

I believe Codemasters developers are still working from home.  And they havnt worked from their offices since the first lockdown.   Lack off face to face interactions during the development is I think the reason many bugs wernt found and fixed

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I believe Codemasters developers are still working from home.  And they havnt worked from their offices since the first lockdown.   Lack off face to face interactions during the development is I think the reason many bugs wernt found and fixed

What are you basing that on out of interest?

With regards to the next game, I'm hoping there won't be a Braking Point type story mode element to distract from the core game content. Personally my hunch is that this was a bigger issue with the current game than COVID.

I also hope that a serious overhaul of the online experience is being worked on as a high priority.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

The game has had same problems for years. Covid exacerbated the situation however it remains the same. It's the main reason why some call it F1 2015v6. I'm sure however version 7 will be a great improvement since EA has "their" control over it. A complete disaster, similar not exactly like Battlefield 2042. 

Playing it on release online?? good luck with that.

Instead after you bought the game you'll need to wait. After you've parted with your money until they say it's ok to patch superduper skins and microtransactions, while leaving the game in a semi playable state. An assumption based on fact.

It's sad the gaming industry is in a place it is these days. Thankfully not every game has dodgy ethics & money grabbing antics like that outside of a remastered title. I can't trust anything with a EA logo on it anymore. Singlehandedly trying there hardest might to destroy the industry with their bullcrap policies of maximum profit, minimum effort with nonexistent content.    

• Agree 1
On 12/19/2021 at 5:46 PM, AndRe5550148 said:

They will do what they did this year, copy the game from last year, add 100 bugs and sell it for 80€ or maybe more because finally €A And it came here for a reason.

100% true and the die hards will defend it and say we should be glad we got a game at all!

normaly, they should switch the engine. Realising this game with this engine on ps5 would be a real shame. Its good that the new game will be developed from the second developer team, which did f1 2020. So at least we will get a more realistic and bug free game.

Personally, I cant hear the Covid excuse any more: Covid is the new normal, face it.

I am running a small company myself, including all the issues like personell dropping things because they do not want to travel by tram or bus daily any more, with collegues deciding to quit to favor their family, with people being quaratined for hardly a reason, plus sickness itself. Bottom line, we have the very same (or more) work as the years before, but we loose a ton of working hours. Do you think customers have any understanding and pardon us for any little delay that is being caused? Forget it, I get ripped my head of instead. Gotta say, I do not think that Covid shall serve as an excuse for other parts of the industry / economy, because it is not a valid excuse for my business, either. Apart from the personal situation, believe me I have never worked more hours per year in all my life than in 2020 / 2021. That said, I am 50+ and not as fit and firm as I might have been with 30 or 40 years. So no, I dont take Covid as any excuse for anything any more.

Besides, I bet that if this copy-paste-resell tactic is being tried for another year, then the franchise will go down the drain. EA will not give a damn, you will see. Codies will have to deliver the best-in-class multiplayer / e-sports title next year, or more will be lost than has been gained over the last few years. I also doubt buyers will accept tracks finished late in the year, F2 finished in December, or an incomplete calendar any more. I for one would certainly not, I can play last years game as well then, and buy the new one once -70% discounted. I have - as a sidenote - also lost interest to buy any more expensive, fancy simracing equipment, as updating my GPU would cost more than one can justify family wise these days.

2022? Things are looking grim. I just hope a lot of people prove me wrong...

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

I definitely wont be rushing out to buy on release again. Feel like i have been well and truly stung this year in terms of tracks releasing late (yes I know we knew but it doesn’t make it ok), and other real life 2021 stuff just flat out being ignored (sprint races, track changes, Istanbul).

People complain about multiplayer, but they couldn’t even produce a good core base game this year, so that’s a bit irrelevant to me to be honest.

I’m sure i will buy F1 2022, and probably all future F1 games for that matter, but they will likely be 6 months after release 2nd hand based on this years experience.

Edited by kalamazoo123
Typo
  • Agree 1
19 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Personally, I cant hear the Covid excuse any more: Covid is the new normal, face it.

I am running a small company myself, including all the issues like personell dropping things because they do not want to travel by tram or bus daily any more, with collegues deciding to quit to favor their family, with people being quaratined for hardly a reason, plus sickness itself. Bottom line, we have the very same (or more) work as the years before, but we loose a ton of working hours. Do you think customers have any understanding and pardon us for any little delay that is being caused? Forget it, I get ripped my head of instead. Gotta say, I do not think that Covid shall serve as an excuse for other parts of the industry / economy, because it is not a valid excuse for my business, either. Apart from the personal situation, believe me I have never worked more hours per year in all my life than in 2020 / 2021. That said, I am 50+ and not as fit and firm as I might have been with 30 or 40 years. So no, I dont take Covid as any excuse for anything any more.

Besides, I bet that if this copy-paste-resell tactic is being tried for another year, then the franchise will go down the drain. EA will not give a damn, you will see. Codies will have to deliver the best-in-class multiplayer / e-sports title next year, or more will be lost than has been gained over the last few years. I also doubt buyers will accept tracks finished late in the year, F2 finished in December, or an incomplete calendar any more. I for one would certainly not, I can play last years game as well then, and buy the new one once -70% discounted. I have - as a sidenote - also lost interest to buy any more expensive, fancy simracing equipment, as updating my GPU would cost more than one can justify family wise these days.

2022? Things are looking grim. I just hope a lot of people prove me wrong...

Future codemasters game likely to be released at same time as F1 2020 and F1 2021

31 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I definitely wont be rushing out to buy on release again. Feel like i have been well and truly stung this in terms of tracks releasing late (yes I know we knew but it doesn’t make it ok), and other real life 2021 stuff just flat out being ignored (sprint races, Istanbul).

People complain about multiplayer, but they couldn’t even produce a good core base game this year, so that’s a bit irrelevant to me to be honest.

I’m sure i will buy F1 2022, and probably all future F1 games for that matter, but they will likely be 6 months after release 2nd hand based on this years experience.

I feel stung as far as SP is concerned and the fact it didn't even work on Series X. 

Nigh on impossible to get a refund from anyone too! Definitely won't be buying '22 on Day 1. Bargain bin purchase for me. 

Edited by Sonic6L

I would rather the game came out a little bit later last week of August, to iron out bugs and update existing tracks Spa is currently having a massive overhaul in terms of safety and slight track alterations at some corners plus the return of gravel traps at eau rouge and other corners, 

Main things.

Spain obviously turn 10 needs updating, may as well do the rest of the track as well add green and white kerbs that are behind the usual kerbs and add sausage kerbs as they are long overdue. 

Update all tracks that need the green and white kerbs.

Australia the track changes we know about. 

The new Miami Track.

Abu Dhabi we all some what needs updating. 

Zandvoort change the kerb colours 

Jeddah update to the green and white kerbs and remove the flat that were not in the real life track. 

A better weather system. 

Do more with firmware update, add tracks, classic drivers, update tracks if not possible before release date.

Little things 

Each team and car in the showroom location outside their actual location ie Mclaren Woking etc.

Ability to walk the track say on the Thursday say in career mode. 

Hear the alarm when a car comes into the pits.

Make the 2 safety cars playable, ability to see the medical car more, 

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON
  • Like 1