Jump to content Jump to content

Career mode not enjoyable

1 hour ago, ajmcspursfan said:

It seems absolutely bonkers to me that a game based on the 2021 season has Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton seemingly programmed to be slower than the team mates for each driver. @BarryBL is there really nothing codemasters can do?

Same problem here. Absolutely killing my immersion. But I tried grand Prix mode and there it's Fine. Lewis and Max usually fighting each other for a win and they beat their teammates like in real life. I read on this forum, the problem is personnel facility boosts in career mode and I think that's possible. Also I know, in August it was fine in career mode as well. So probably some later patch changed something. 

• Agree 1

It’s little issues like this and how often it rains.  Has really really perplexed me..,  I think I’ve seen so many threads complaining about these two things.  I’ve posted threads about it and pestered and pleaded our case.  But nothing gets done

But seriously how long and hard can it be to put right.

Isnt it just a case off going onto the games main database.  And changing values., either by increasing max and Lewis or decreasing BotRez.

and ok weather must take abit longer. as I expect you’d have to change weather setting at every track.   So what couple of hours? 

But imthese tiny issues do really frustrate me. And I hate that a bloody game gets me worked up

• Agree 1
13 hours ago, Hamrr10 said:

I read on this forum, the problem is personnel facility boosts in career mode and I think that's possible.

that`s 100% true, because 2nd driver gets a boost by simulator and all that stuff. That`s why Bottas and Perez are faster and better in the career mode. 

• Agree 3

In out co-op career, it started to turn around on second and third season, not sure why. Bottas and Hamilton were pretty close to each other still compared to real life, but it was Hamilton who took the championship in both seasons. We "stole" RB from Verstappen and Perez on season 3, so not sure about them... but now when they are driving on McLaren on season 3 abd 4, it's Verstappen who has clearly winning from those two. 

IMO the first season was the worst, Bottas was winning too much and most of the pack were driving in DRS trains often. Each season after that have been more interesting, and it was nice surprise that on season 4, suddenly it's Ferrari and McLaren taking the top spots in the first three races. Just avoid taking that ultimate level brake upgrade as it ruins the car... basically even tiny amount of pressure can lock you wheels, and you have to learn how to drive again with those things (and on wet, it's just nightmare). 

There are and have been problems with the game, but we still have had a lot of fun with the co-op career over these 3+ seasons we have done. 

18 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

It’s little issues like this and how often it rains.  Has really really perplexed me..,  I think I’ve seen so many threads complaining about these two things.  I’ve posted threads about it and pestered and pleaded our case.  But nothing gets done

But seriously how long and hard can it be to put right.

Isnt it just a case off going onto the games main database.  And changing values., either by increasing max and Lewis or decreasing BotRez.

and ok weather must take abit longer. as I expect you’d have to change weather setting at every track.   So what couple of hours? 

But imthese tiny issues do really frustrate me. And I hate that a bloody game gets me worked up

If the next game, which they have to be working on,, is MUCH BETTER then some of this could make a little more sense. 

• 2 weeks later...

I won't say names, but a German F1 player, who is in the 2nd half of his 6th season of My Team, said the following after suffering an engine failure in the Spanish GP: (roughly translated from German) "Why the heck is only one AI driver... unbeatable, but just one and none other, why? Why? Why can't that also be Leclerc in the Ferrari that's almost as powerful as the Red Bull? [...] Or Sainz? Why? Why has it been Verstappen, that you normally can't beat, for 4 seasons? [...] You can't be serious, really!"

I have to admit, what this guy said is so true. Whether in GP or Career Mode, Verstappen would wipe the floor with the competition 99% of the time, and unless you're a first-class driver on every single track, including Monaco, you will never take any championship on Ultimate difficulty (which the guy played on). This makes Career Mode a scripted mess, which is not fun to play, sorry to be so blunt.

I honestly hope that there is a patch for Series 4, which gives Verstappen a MASSIVE debuff. I want to make a cool story in F1's Career Modes and not live in an infinite loop of 10 seasons in which Verstappen is destined to be a world champion. I know he won (undeserved still), doesn't mean that he should dominate every single race! 😡

I suppose the above situation isn't wildly different to real F1, with Lewis Hamilton being the driver to beat for years now, and this season Verstappen and Hamilton being consistently in a class of their own.

• Agree 1