Jump to content Jump to content

Cicket Is Love

gkim1986

I love cricket but I've always been a fan of traditional Test cricket ever since I was a kid in the 90s. I'd love to watch it all day after getting back home from the school. Those were good times. Alec Stewart, Dominic Cork and Graham Thorpe. Though I'm not really a fan of T20 and fast-paced matches that heavily favor the batsmen only

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 2:40 PM, gkim1986 said:

I love cricket but I've always been a fan of traditional Test cricket ever since I was a kid in the 90s. I'd love to watch it all day after getting back home from the school. Those were good times. Alec Stewart, Dominic Cork and Graham Thorpe. Though I'm not really a fan of T20 and fast-paced matches that heavily favor the batsmen only

Totally agree hate hit and hope cricket.  With skilled bowlers relegated to canon fodder. That said as I’m from Essex and as during t20 matches Essex  fans are well known  for creating a super imposing atmosphere.  T20 games at the county ground are awesome.

However I hate  the England team seem to prioritise hit and hope cricket.

test cricket is just that. The ultimate test off batsman and bowler.  In test cricket it’s about taking wickets.  And bowlers are the main weapon.  Warne bowling the master off playing leg spin gooch with the ball off the century... or my favourite 2005 ashes flintoff over bowling to Ponting one off the best batsman ever and turning him   inside out for the first few balls before bowling him.   And how tight and hard thought the 2005 ashes series was.. I’d ideally love England to be able thrash the Aussies in every game.  However nothing beats the thrill off a batsmen’s winning innings... or a bowler ripping through a batting order when they only have a small chase.

funny how people don’t know cricket.  Laugh at 5 days and lunch and tea breaks..and how relaxed it all seems... but fans off cricket find it extremely intense and captivating 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KittyFit90 said:

Poms thrashing the aussies? lol dream on mate, never going to happen. 🤪 The only whitewash you'll ever see in an Ashes is us thrashing you!

Test Cricket was, is and always will be no1 here😁

Easy tiger after 2005 England dominated for a few series.  But now we are so short game focused our batsman have forgotten how to play the most important shot in test cricket.   The forward defensive shot.   Test cricket fields have 3plus slips for a reason.

• Agree 1