Jump to content Jump to content

Spinning after being cra(u)shed?

I notice that when some manic AI opponent or real human opponent crashes into you, I often lose control and spin off the track. Race is usually over then, losing 5 seconds or more.

When it’s the other way around however, I’m still often the one that is f%*#ked and the opponent drives on like he only hit a fly or something and I wasn’t even there. 

How can this be? Am I doing something wrong? Does anybody know? I usually hit the brakes asap when things go wrong. 

I was thinking maybe it’s the driving assist settings that make the difference? I have stability set to 0, so maybe the opponent drives with a higher setting and loses grip less quickly? See screenshot for the settings I use.

While we’re at it, am I the only one that thinks its very counter effective to be centered again in the middle of the track after leaving it? My reflex is to correct my mistake immediately, but I often find myself still correcting my off track adventure while I am centered again on track and which causes me to immediately spin off the track again. Apart from that, it has nothing to do with reality. Spinning off the track means you have to help yourself and if you can’t: bad luck for you!

CCC35B7C-9DE4-495A-951A-E6FCB0E90207.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed the Centring thing is stupid. 
The crashing thing is deliberate to make you lose. Every opponent is fake so you have no chance. 
I’ve had races where the opponent is just in front and gets tagged by an AI and he goes sideways but loses no time and disappears in to the distance. We can never ever win for real in this game it’s all predetermined. If any one thinks otherwise they are living in cloud cuckoo land. This new version is so obviously fixed a monkey could tell. 

All the same as above. I use the same settings too. All off except the steering on 1. 

im starting to think even more are fake then I first thought. I’ve raced the same guy many times. First race goes crazy banging into ai cars that are spinning all over the track. If I’m not smashed into and DNF, I’m off track and lose the race while he sails off at high speed. 

The very next race, same guy, his lap times similar or even quicker, I think he we go again. And I beat him by 5 seconds. He drives so benignly. No swerving, crashing etc. Another race in the future and the same deal. 

I’m getting the feeling it’s the algorithms telling the ai to smash you out of possible so you don’t win so much. Or they end your losing streak by racing so fast. You’ll be more inclined to spend more money then to have a faster car. 

Don’t do it!! Such a scam. 

Edited by Ruddman
On 12/22/2021 at 8:09 PM, RubiconXX78 said:

I notice that when some manic AI opponent or real human opponent crashes into you, I often lose control and spin off the track. Race is usually over then, losing 5 seconds or more.

When it’s the other way around however, I’m still often the one that is f%*#ked and the opponent drives on like he only hit a fly or something and I wasn’t even there. 

How can this be? Am I doing something wrong? Does anybody know? I usually hit the brakes asap when things go wrong. 

I was thinking maybe it’s the driving assist settings that make the difference? I have stability set to 0, so maybe the opponent drives with a higher setting and loses grip less quickly? See screenshot for the settings I use.

While we’re at it, am I the only one that thinks its very counter effective to be centered again in the middle of the track after leaving it? My reflex is to correct my mistake immediately, but I often find myself still correcting my off track adventure while I am centered again on track and which causes me to immediately spin off the track again. Apart from that, it has nothing to do with reality. Spinning off the track means you have to help yourself and if you can’t: bad luck for you!

CCC35B7C-9DE4-495A-951A-E6FCB0E90207.jpeg

I have stability on 2...this seemed to stop me from spinning out when being hit. sounds stupid but it gave me more stability whereas playing at 0 or 1, it felt like i was a feather and would get knocked all over the place if AI or someone touched me.

• Agree 1

As far as the search for opponents is concerned, there is clearly an improvement. For the grid starts it's still very bad...AI cars are very fast and very aggressive driving. In no time you will be far behind and if you are lucky your opponent will be a bit slower so that you win. Sprint races are very different per racetrack but I win most of them despite the fact that the AI cars can be aggressive here too. I don't lose much of qualifying races.

This afternoon the Travel box in the Challenge section is STUC again? This happens on regulairy basis an it SUCKS!! I GET ROBBED HERE!!

F

U

C

K

Edited by Game4ce
5 hours ago, IHATEF1MOBILE said:

I have stability on 2...this seemed to stop me from spinning out when being hit.

Sounds logical to me. In the 2020 version I tested a lot in practice mode with stability 0 vs 1 setting to see if it made any difference in speed. And it did! Improved all my PB’s after changing it to 0. So therefore I chose to set it to 0 as well in this 2021 version. Haven’t tested this yet in the 2021 version however, but I assume you’re quicker with setting it to 0 as well. But it apparently comes with the disadvantage of losing control easier. 

Yeah tried going from 0 then 2. Does help somewhat. Less of loosing control after getting hit. Can’t say if Lao times are affected as my poor driving skills can’t be replicated lap to lap. Lol 

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, RubiconXX78 said:

Sounds logical to me. In the 2020 version I tested a lot in practice mode with stability 0 vs 1 setting to see if it made any difference in speed. And it did! Improved all my PB’s after changing it to 0. So therefore I chose to set it to 0 as well in this 2021 version. Haven’t tested this yet in the 2021 version however, but I assume you’re quicker with setting it to 0 as well. But it apparently comes with the disadvantage of losing control easier. 

I practiced alot in the current "official car event" where you can constantly reset and do qualifying runs or grid start runs etc. I found being on 0 did improve lap time, it only improved it on the qualifying mode. As soon as you got to the grid starts and sprint races, it was quicker per lap but if you got touched by any AI, then you were spinning and getting knocked onto the grass in suzuka where it just stops you dead, it was fairly pointless. Also, personally I found it quiet hard to keep a consistent lap which might be more down to my personal skill level but it just felt a little all over the place, I was getting used to it but as I say it felt more of a negative based on the other race types than a postive.

So i've settled for 2 it makes me as quick as possible without having the downside of if I get hit by the crazy AI then I can still race. Hopefully you find the same, if you can, I would try on the same event to see for yourself. In order to get to the grid race in amongst AI, I just did a really slow qualifying lap and finished last.

Edited by IHATEF1MOBILE
  • Thanks 1