Jump to content Jump to content

Do you guys think career mode should be made more realistic, and what ideas do you have?

I think F1 2021 career mode can be made more realistic like you should be able to walk around the garage in first person and be able to get into the car and talk to your engineer. Also you should be able to pit and control your car in the pitlane yourself. Give me some of your guys' ideas that they should add to the F1 2022 career mode

Include telemetry and have your engineer talk to you about it. Debriefings after every session and tactical briefings before qualifying and races - as an option for players who want more realism.

Then again, the current game has so many problems, I would rather see those fixed (multiplayer most important) before I would vote to include new features. Also, 2022 will see new F1 tracks and they better work on those, to supply them at release. Then there is the new car models and regulation, and and ...

• Agree 2

R&D development just should took place behind the scenes for the next season car always. Just small Updates during a running season,major Updates just when the new season starts. And it should take much longer to max out the car. Before we start walking in the pits,let's try to make the game better in a longterm which makes it possible to still drive the car after season 3 😄

• Agree 2

Career starts from Young Driver Test in Abu Dhabi. 

After that you get 3 offers to choose from and they all depend on how well you did. Could be race seats or reserve driver seats, could be from a top team or a midfield team or a backmarker.

You can also get demoted to a reserve driver if you don't perform and then you have to impress to get another chance in a race seat, whether in your current team or somewhere else.

As a reserve driver you would do FP1 sessions. 

Maybe after a season you get two contract offers: a race seat at Alfa Romeo and a reserve driver at Mercedes. Maybe you could get promoted to a race seat if you impress Mercedes? Or maybe you can impress the top teams while racing for Alfa? Your choice. 

Further it should be possible to Import your driver stats from previous games to see your career stats. I dont like to start "new" every game. Per game i maybe finish 4 max 5 seasons.

Plus a stat list from all existing records would be cool. As you have it in all the US sports games by EA. This would be the easiest to implement i would say.

The upgrades are now backwards to real life, usually it's dimishining returns and not the huge jumps like now with the ultimate level parts that will be available as last upgrades. Biggest jumps should be available mainly after regulation changes or after some huge investment, like building totally new chassis or engine, that should take a long time and would make also make your previous upgrade to that area as obsolete (so huge investment in time and points)

You should be able to remove existing upgrade, if it unbalanced your car and maybe add it again if you get some other parts that help with the balance problem. 

I like the developing aspect of the career, but it would need bigger overhaul and more depth. You max out too quickly (and that last ultimate part to you brakes, just make the car a lot worse) and it's too simple. There should be always room for improving the car, but like I mentioned it the beginning, it should be mainly dimishin returns.. the later parts just giving tiny bit of improvement. 

During races, I would really like to hear if opponents got warnings or penalties from Jeff. Also if there is strategy change suggestion, Jeff could say it out loud as well. I really would like there to be also a automatic replay for each penalty or warning that player get's (the very least). If there is warning or penalty of a collision with another car, I would really like to know more detailed reason, like I didn't leave room, pushed off track, etc. So I could learn from those mistakes (or curse, if I think the decision was wrong!)

There should be more options for race / race weekend lenght, both 35% and 75% races for example and also ability to do have the 3 phase qualifying for non-100% races too. Sometimes I feel the game doesn't scale tire wear enough for shorter races, as most of the races on 50% length are done with just one stop as optimal strategy (AI is using 1 stop almost always, even though Jeff is suggesting 2 stops for player for some reason). 

Penalty points for drivers as in real F1. 

Definitely better tools in game for telemetry stuff, in which places on track there is most to gain, maybe suggestion from the team on how to improve (brake later, brake earlier, use/avoid the kerbs). 

Puncture's and other problems from debris that should come from crashes. 

There definitely should be more crashes between AI drivers too. 

There should be some drama between AI drivers as well, within a team and otherwise. 

AI drivers should have some episodes where they perform better or worse to their normal stats, triggered by some events, like success in a race or bad accident etc. There should be "news and stories" between races about such. 

But first, please fix bugs, add crossplay between consoles at least etc. 

• Agree 1

This list will probably stray into general improvements rather than career-specific.

• Young driver test, depending on how you did, you'd unlock better drives.
  • Others teams coming in and offering you a seat rather than you just choosing where to go (a real sense of progression and earning your way up).
  • Sector by sector weather.
  • Tyre wear graph for tyre wear programme - why remove it?! It was really usefull to see just how well I'd done and if I could improve either my driving or setup.
  • Contract negotiations including quali & race goals and driver status (1st or 2nd driver).
  • Lockups. Not the piddly ones you get now but the ones you got pre-2019, a good lockup causing the AI to run off the track or at least off line and enable you to slip past.

All things that were in past games but were slowly removed over time. Crazy, really. The game's poorer for this.

On top of this:

• Team orders. If they can script it for the F1 2019 F2 experience, I'm sure they can put it in career mode properly
  • Spins and crashes from the AI. Not the little wobbles that make the AI go onto the grass and then back into the race - a PROPER spin and crash. Trying too hard and losing the rear in a fast corner, causing them to go deep into a run off area and into the crash barriers, out of the race.
  • As previously mentioned in the thread, punctures. Supposed to have been improved for 2021, but stopped working after the first or second patch.
  • AI having equal damage to the player. They're still a bit too tough on Simulation.
  • Ability to change order of the races
  • Friendship/rivalry meter with teammate. Depending on on-track events, including possible team orders inclusion, your teammate will grow to like or hate you, affecting their aggression when racing you directly

And finally:

• Make Breaking Point an optional install. Played it once, will never play it again and it's wasting around 40GB of space.
  • Database editor
  • Agree 1
On 12/28/2021 at 3:23 PM, s00zster said:

• Spins and crashes from the AI. Not the little wobbles that make the AI go onto the grass and then back into the race - a PROPER spin and crash. Trying too hard and losing the rear in a fast corner, causing them to go deep into a run off area and into the crash barriers, out of the race.

This is already a thing that's in the game. 

All that ive seen is definitely what i want aswell but I definitely want better driver management:

we should be able to select a development plan for our driver that either increases focus better, improves them in other stats because currently focus just seems random, also having an energy or fitness stat would go well with this too

F2/ driver academies where you can choose up to 2 drivers not in f1 to develop and get ready for F1, you can put them in fp1 sessions and so on, maybe add a pay driver aspect, or a sim/ development driver that earns resource points. Out of the 2 drivers one is a development driver the other a reserve driver

to add to this F2 drivers need to develop their stats much much quicker than what they do, you rarely ever see the f2 drivers doing anything in Career because they arent quick enough, they should all develop like 2x than they do now

drivers having to sit out a race or 2 for example if they fall ill or are injured, similar to what you see in motorsport manager, may make the reserve important, this can only happen a max of 1 time a season including ai teams

driver transfer intensity slider

bonus tracks such as portimao, shanghai and bahrain outer that can be selected for career 

free range of sponsor placement on the liveries, suits, helmets, we will never get a livery editor lets be real

Finally make the ai not stupidly op from season 3 onwards, ive went from 108-110 to 98-103 ish, and make the difficulty consistent across all tracks

On 12/29/2021 at 1:47 PM, Sector4 said:

This is already a thing that's in the game. 

Owned the game since release and I haven't seen any yet. Sure you get the odd crunch into the wall at a street circuit, because obviously it's a street circuit and the cars have go no room for error, but I'm yet to see anything resembling a high-speed crash into a tyre wall at the end of a gravel trap on an open circuit like Silverstone or Suzuka.

If there's footage anywhere of this happening, then obviously I'll take it back and put it down to bad luck.

I would love to see most of the ideas here in game, but honestly i think you’re all wasting your time...

I’ve played every CM F1 game (from 2010) and been on these forums for each one. There have been so many good ideas over the years, like all the ones above, which CM just flat out ignore year after year after year.

They either can’t do them or they’re just not interested in making career mode more immersive.

They really should include classic cars again. i never cared for the braking point stuff, and i honestly think career mode should be improved by having better ai balancing, make the car setups totally realistic AKA being done by engineers rather than the driver. more weather variables, including monsoons, etc. and we also need more freedom to control our car during pitstops and pace laps. 

38 minutes ago, formulafan1994 said:

They really should include classic cars again. i never cared for the braking point stuff, and i honestly think career mode should be improved by having better ai balancing, make the car setups totally realistic AKA being done by engineers rather than the driver. more weather variables, including monsoons, etc. and we also need more freedom to control our car during pitstops and pace laps. 

If you are playing a GAME about F1 then you are all members of the team so you are the driver and you are the engineer , if not how can you as the game player affect the way the car handles? .......aren't set ups created between the driver and his engineer in real life to suit how the driver prefers the handling of the car to be and not how the engineer thinks it should be.

If there is a monsoon the race would have to be stopped because conditions would be undrivable , how does  that improve a  racing game if you are the race driver.

21 hours ago, s00zster said:

Owned the game since release and I haven't seen any yet. Sure you get the odd crunch into the wall at a street circuit, because obviously it's a street circuit and the cars have go no room for error, but I'm yet to see anything resembling a high-speed crash into a tyre wall at the end of a gravel trap on an open circuit like Silverstone or Suzuka.

If there's footage anywhere of this happening, then obviously I'll take it back and put it down to bad luck.

I don't have any footage but I have seen tons of AI crashes on proper race tracks. Just after Christmas I was playing Career and Hamilton threw it in the wall going into T11 at Spain. 

I usually do 25-50% races.

• Like 1