Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full Screen 1920x1080 60 Hz Problem

DiRT Rally 0.9: If the Video is set to 1920x1080 at 60 Hz at game start the screen is flickering, it is certainly not set to 60 Hz, probably 24 or 30 Hz. If I change the game to 50 Hz and back to 60 Hz the flickering is no longer visible, suggesting that the game is now running at 60 Hz. Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit is used. AMD 7770 graphics card  and AMD Quad-core 6400 cpu. After the game is set to 50 Hz and back to 60 Hz it is running without problems and without flickering. What could be the cause of this problem at game start?

i had to create a custom resolution in windows in order to get a true and unmolested 60hz.  just make it 1919x1080 and try that

mine goes to strange HZ also, i have to put it back all the time, 

you can set it to 60 in XML then make it read only...

@DeputyDiRT 
I am using an expensive LCD TV with resolution 1920x1080. The last game update 1.0 also has this problem. DiRT Rally is the first game, where I have this kind of problem. I was playing DiRT, DiRT 2 and DiRT 3 (also in stereoscopic 3D) on this display, but flickering was never observable, I checked the frequency, it was always 60 Hz (with vertical synchronisation on). 

try 59 hz and do in nvidia control panel (or amd equiv ?) for your tv.

then set same rez and refresh in game.

apparently it like 59... ???

I play at 720p x 50 hz on my tv. no difference and steadier fps.