Question

System Spec
Gigabyte H97-HD3
Intel i5-4590
8GB Ram (Corsair)
Radeon R9 280
QWindows 10 N 64Bit

Steps to reproduce
Played a while under Windows 8.1 (N) and upgraded to Windows 10 (N, but media packs installed). In the first race the game plays well with my Logitech g25. While loading the second stage or race the whole game lags uns is terribly slow. After I restart the game, erverything works fine again for one race. This happens every time after a done stage. I had it, that, after a total crash in a race (first race) the second race had no problems, but the third.
Reinstalled the graphic card driver. No change. Plugged my logitech off and played with the Xbox one controller. Everything works fine. Reinstalled the logitech driver for windows 10 64bit. Still the same slow down.
After this I hope i have isolated the error, but i have no clue what to do next.

Your recent history of races 
Independent of racemode.

Which stage were you within the championship\custom event?
Every stage. (Haven't tested every)

What were you doing specifically when the crashed occurred?

How long was your current session?
Sometimes after something round about 5 minutes there are mini-stutter's.

Which graphics preset were you using?
Played under 8.1 with max details, maybe something about 30~40fps. Under windows 10 tested with max, normal and min details. Situtation is the same

I hope i could give a explanation of the error.

Sorry for the long delay, but i didn't got the time to test.
But today I tested.
Yeah, The first race was very smooth (monaco with snowfall, nearly no framedrops or anything) but the sceond race, still the same.

So, did you see a change then?

You should now check your GPU usage, msi afterburner can run a GPU utilization graph and the core clock graph, i found issues on my system on long night stages in the rain, the gpu would suddenly decide to under clock itself and it was at that time that the game stuttered horribly.

The only that changed was that have not been so many framedrops. But after a while it was the same as before. So there was noe real change.

I checked the core clock of my GPU multiple times. Nothing unusal. The clock always stays the same.

So increasing your fixed pagefile helped.

OK, set it to windows managed and see what happens (if anything) How much space is left on that drive?

Re checking your core clock, did you check it whilst you were getting frame drops?

Sooooo, finally found the time for testing.
I had very high hopes in the 17gig update last week. But the problem stills the same.
What has changed, is the fact I now get the drops in the coreclock of my GPU. When it's real slow, there is also a drop in the clock.
Haven't tested the pagefile.

Have suffered the core clock drop myself, drop your textures a little, or if you have a 300 series gpu, use the option to disable power saving  in the drivers.

If you are using logitech gaming software, turn it completely off (preferable in taskmanager) that fixed the issues for me.

SOOOOOO. I have found the time to test the deactivation of the gaming software. 2 updates of the graphic driver have passed, and one or two updates of dirt rally itself.
Nothing changed. Everything is tstill slow and laggy with the beginning of the second race. My graphic card clock got some peaks, but in some sum is at a low level.

best regards and sorry for the long delay

After a long time I gave it a new try. But this time under Linux (Manjaro). 10 minutes of configuring with LTWheelcontrol and it works like a charm. No lagging. Graphics are not that good as on windows. Nevertheless it's playable.
If your're interested in configuring:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=142372419