Sign in to follow this  

Q's - split times and other HUD

Loving Grid Autosport! Can someone please give a full explanation on the split/sector times that show up when qualifying including what the different coloured arrows (up and down) mean, what the positive or negative split times are relative to, and is the position number the time ranking for just that sector against all competitors? And also what are the bar icons adjacent to the flashback counter that say 'balanced' with a helmet next to them. Would be happy to look all these things up in a manual but there isn't one. Thank you!

RobertKNL said:
Purple arrow up is that you posted the best time on that sector during that session (also the case in F1). Green arrow up means that your time is that much faster than the position indicated (at the first lap, it usually says '2ND' ). Red arrow down means you're slower than that time. Since I use a minimal HUD, I never see the split times, so maybe somebody else can shed some light on that. I'm also loving the qualy system by the way (epecially with minimal HUD), because you never really know how well you've done until your last lap :)
yeah that's spot on F1 uses this system as well

If you are in the on-line section, of course, none of this applies, unlike F1. You can't qualify or practice on-line, if I'm not mistaken. The marketing on this fact was kind of deceptive, IMO. But you can always run a "race" and treat it like a qualifying session, because the game will allow you to line up the next race in finishing order.

Not only that, but your engineer does not talk to you on line at your request. Why they split the SP and MP expereince, only to yank so many good features away from MP  is absurd. Again shows that the Codemasters really is not concerned with the league racer that much...or even the on-line racer. At least wit this game.

I guess our only option in on-line races is to have the HUD on, which sort of kills the immersion. I can live with the qualifying gaffe, but engineer feedback was very innovative. Too bad only those who race against fake drivers can use it.

I thought purple is session best, green is personal best, and red is slower than your own personal best.

Awong124 said:
I thought purple is session best, green is personal best, and red is slower than your own personal best.
yeah I think it's used in that manner too.

Thanks everyone for your answers. So are the split times relative to MY previous sector times from prior laps or are they relative to the other competitors sector times? Similarly, Is the position rank ("1st", "2nd" ect) my sector time relative to all the other competitors sector times? Ie "1st" would mean I'm the fastest of all competitors for that sector?

Jet7352 said:
Thanks everyone for your answers. So are the split times relative to MY previous sector times from prior laps or are they relative to the other competitors sector times? Similarly, Is the position rank ("1st", "2nd" ect) my sector time relative to all the other competitors sector times? Ie "1st" would mean I'm the fastest of all competitors for that sector?
yours I think