Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] Solution to various problems with Logitech G29/G920/G923 Wheels

Hi! After having some troubles with my wheel G923, and looking around everywhere, i've found a solution to solve FFB issues and compatibility issues.

In my case, i have a Logitech G923 xbox edition, but it should work with all the similar variants.

My specific issues were:

- Having the wheel very light with no center force.

- The throttle were recognized as an axis instead of a pedal in control scheme mapping, and in some cases, in the default scheme for g923, the throttle was always 100%.

I've found that the issue is related to the windows registry entries, after a bad installation, or migrating from another wheel.

WARNING: Make sure you double check any actions or info, before manually modifying the registry. 

All the controllers entrys are located in "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_XXXX"

The last 4 digits, are for the specific wheel you have.

G923 Xbox: C26E

G923 PS: C266

G920: C262

G29: C24F

1.- First of all, make sure you have installed the latest version of G-HUB, and the wheel is working correctly there. (Pedals, wheel, force, etc)

2.- Check the installed controllers within OEM section in registry. In my case, i had a generic wheel entry (my old wheel), and for some reason, an entry for G920 (wich i never had, or plug, or anything)

NOTE: All the wheels/Controllers, can be easily identified because they have an entry called "OEMName" (Image below)

3.- Unplug your wheel from the USB, and delete the entry for your wheel. In my case, i've deleted ID_046D&PID_C26E. In OEMName, it was shown as "USB G923 Racing wheel" (If you found another entry that shouldn't be there, as the G920 in my case, generic wheel, or another wheel that you don't have, it can be safely deleted too)

4.- Plug your wheel back, let windows install it again, and make sure it is shown and works in G-HUB correctly.

5.- Refresh the registry view (or F5), and you will see your wheel again, but now is recognized as it should. In my case: "Logitech G HUB G923 Racing Wheel for XBox One and PC (USB)"

After that, the wheel works perfect with F1 2021. The pedals are detected as pedals (not axis), and Force feedback is working as intended (track bumps, kerbs, and specially the wheel center force that didn't worked before at all)

This was not an easy found, i've tried everything in the last two weeks, even suggestions in this forum, and nothing worked.

I hope that this info could be helpful for other players who are having the same issues.

Cheers!

wvrXitt.jpg

Edited by santial28
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JaccoG said:

Can you adjust the steer angle in the F1 2021 software. The option does not appear in our setup. (G920) pc steam. I tried your reg update. G hub is not in the name of the wheel.

Thank you

on pc the steering angle or Degrees of rotation can only be set withing the wheelbases driver software, this is the same for all brands 

• Agree 1

Besides the ffb registry solution, there is a workaround to set the steer angle lock. 

Open g-gub. Set your desired angle (270~320 is confortable for F1) 

Launch the game (should be working as 900°, even if it's configured in any other number) 

When you are in game, alt+tab to g-hub again (don't close the game) 

Uncheck the box "use game settings" (in steering ffb config. Bottom left) 

Check the box again, and return to the game. 

Now should be working with the angle you've configured in g-hub. 

This solution is not ideal, kind of tedious doing all those steps every time you Launch the game, but it works. 

• Agree 1

Well, your solution with registry worked only once. Next time I launched F1 2021 FFB was not working again (center force I mean) and after I followed your guide, it did not helped. FFB works only on kerbs and track bumps.

13 hours ago, Gron96 said:

Well, your solution with registry worked only once. Next time I launched F1 2021 FFB was not working again (center force I mean) and after I followed your guide, it did not helped. FFB works only on kerbs and track bumps.

If it's any use, the last DOR fix was simply to change the DOR in GHub by 1 degree and save it. So say you play at 360, change to 359 and save. Then on next play, save back to 360.

@santial28 AIUI any change in GHub at the point you mention should be effective? CBA to plug the G923 in because no interest in playing ATM.

5 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

If it's any use, the last DOR fix was simply to change the DOR in GHub by 1 degree and save it. So say you play at 360, change to 359 and save. Then on next play, save back to 360.

@santial28 AIUI any change in GHub at the point you mention should be effective? CBA to plug the G923 in because no interest in playing ATM.

The registry fix, if windows recognize it as it should, it never gave me any issue after that. FFB is working as intended and didn't have to do the fix again.

@Gron96 Can you check if you have other devices in OEM section that could be any kind of conflict with the wheel? (other wheels, gamepads, joysticks, etc)

The angle steer lock, i couldn't find any permanent fix yet. Those steps must be done everytime the game launches to make it work with the desired angle.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, santial28 said:

The registry fix, if windows recognize it as it should, it never gave me any issue after that. FFB is working as intended and didn't have to do the fix again.

@Gron96 Can you check if you have other devices in OEM section that could be any kind of conflict with the wheel? (other wheels, gamepads, joysticks, etc)

I think there is a problem whith the game because in December FFB worked as it should. But after one of the patches in this year center force disables. When I launch F1 2021 - FFB works, when I try to load any kind of race - it switches off. In Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa no problems.

My wheel is G29. There is some unknown entries except VID_0738&PID_1302 which is Mad Catz joystick.

Снимок.PNG

3 minutes ago, Gron96 said:

I think there is a problem whith the game because in December FFB worked as it should. But after one of the patches in this year center force disables. When I launch F1 2021 - FFB works, when I try to load any kind of race - it switches off. In Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa no problems.

My wheel is G29. There is some unknown entries except VID_0738&PID_1302 which is Mad Catz joystick.

project cars & project cars 2 are well known to break ffb in many titles, not saying its some of your issues but over the last 3-4 years i have seen it mentioned on the f1 forums here as far back as f1 2016 and also various reddit/steam community posts too 

2 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

project cars & project cars 2 are well known to break ffb in many titles, not saying its some of your issues but over the last 3-4 years i have seen it mentioned on the f1 forums here as far back as f1 2016 and also various reddit/steam community posts too 

Woa I didn't know about it. Is there any solution?