Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 And Beyond

promising stuff Jenny, even if Practice looks like it isn't coming back yet.

I'd love to be involved with any help/testing I can give.

Codemasters I hate you soooo much !!!!!!!
Since month's you worked on a new PC patch but you do nothing for the console user's. We have so many heavy problems on the Xbox one and you do nothing. 

When i ask you, please tell me how long we must wait for a xbox one patch, you answered " I don't know " And that is not enough.

I can imagine another month passing before the PS4 update release. And god knows about Xbox One (sorry guys...). Maybe after Christmas? Early Jan?

So many things I want to quote on soo little posts haha... Honestly, after knowing that 2015 had to be the game where they all made it right and it failed, I thought they would give up on 2016, so that's at least nice (and yes, I'm still an enthousiast)

Lozzy said:
Welcome @jennyannem , I have to say all of this sounds very good, but the thing that me and most other league racers were looking forward to the most is the new 'strict rules' option to prevent corner cutting online.. Will this not be included in the next patch?
Unfortunately that's not going to make it for this patch. You should get it along with the second sports update, it's not a decision we made lightly because we know it's something that the leagues especially are after but there are logistical and testing considerations which meant that to get it in now would mean delaying this patch on PC and therefore console which is something we didn't want to do. I'm sorry for the delay.
Thank you for the quick response. I'm a bit disappointed that we have to wait even longer for the strict options, but at the same time I'm pleasantly surprised by some the fixes this patch has, the addition of open lobbies, but most of all the amount of work you guys are putting into improving this game and the community feedback. So I'll be patient, I'm looking forward to it :) 

Well, good news, but why is PC always first and when does the XBox One patch comes out?
Beside other things there are many problems in online multiplayer (Im talking about XBox One):
Once you've done a race in multiplayer and you want to do another one directly after that you won't be able to change tyres meaning you will have to do the whole Qualifying with one set of tyres. You cannot even change between your different sets of soft tyres. I'm running a F1 league and in training sessions this means everybody has to restart the game after one race has finished. Additionally you will have to start your race with yellow tyres.
Also, there should be an option to put penalties off as they occur really arbitrarily. Spain is ridiculous for example.
The question I always had since the game has been released: Why is it possible for players who use assists (especially traction control) to drive massively faster than players without any assists? It has never been like that in previous F1 games and it's a shame actually. 95% of the top 30 persons in Time Trial use traction control or ABS. Some of them even more. You also have massive advantage in online multiplayer compared to someone without assists. It's horrible.
Often the first 4 people in Time Trial do have times which are impossible. I cannot understand how it can be so hard to set limits on the track to ensure everyone needs to stay on track to set a valid lap time. F1 2010 was the only game which was acceptable in this point. Why don't do it again? It already took 5 F1 games now and no improvements or "back to the roots".

I have an Xbox one. Why in the world is it not possible to have a public custom lobby list on this platform?
Sony and Valve (via Steam) give us the back end support to advertise public sessions and browse for them. When you create a session you tell a server about it. Then when someone searches they contact the same server which gives them the information about all the sessions available. That server does not exist for Xbox One so it's simply not possible to implement without creating it ourselves and that's beyond the scope of what we can achieve at the moment I'm afraid.

We are making some changes to hoppers on Xbox One to make it much more likely you'll find a session, so you will see an improvement there.

Gav25182 said:

even if Practice looks like it isn't coming back yet.

What do you mean @Gav25182? Practice is available in all relevant game modes.

Well, good news, but why is PC always first and when does the XBox One patch comes out?
We generally release first on PC because there are no submissions involved and it allows us to get patches out to the community and get feedback before we release them on console. It's fair to say that's a double edged sword for PC users, they generally get the majority of fixes first but probably also get exposed to more bugs which slip through the net during our testing.

There is presently no release date for PS4 or Xbox One, we'll keep you informed about our progress though.

Any idea when Motion Control will be enabled on the DS4 controller?

10/10 for persistence. There are still no plans to support this for F1 2015 as we've said before.

Hello! 

There are many good news.

I hope the Safety Car comes back in F1 2016.

When comes the next Patch for the PS4. November or December?

Best regards

Thank you all for the welcome :smile:! Between us, we'll try and get as much answered as possible, thanks for your patience and support!

Lozzy said:
I have an Xbox one. Why in the world is it not possible to have a public custom lobby list on this platform?
Sony and Valve (via Steam) give us the back end support to advertise public sessions and browse for them. When you create a session you tell a server about it. Then when someone searches they contact the same server which gives them the information about all the sessions available. That server does not exist for Xbox One so it's simply not possible to implement without creating it ourselves and that's beyond the scope of what we can achieve at the moment I'm afraid.

We are making some changes to hoppers on Xbox One to make it much more likely you'll find a session, so you will see an improvement there.

Gav25182 said:

even if Practice looks like it isn't coming back yet.

What do you mean @Gav25182? Practice is available in all relevant game modes.

We generally release first on PC because there are no submissions involved and it allows us to get patches out to the community and get feedback before we release them on console. It's fair to say that's a double edged sword for PC users, they generally get the majority of fixes first but probably also get exposed to more bugs which slip through the net during our testing.

There is presently no release date for PS4 or Xbox One, we'll keep you informed about our progress though.

Any idea when Motion Control will be enabled on the DS4 controller?

10/10 for persistence. There are still no plans to support this for F1 2015 as we've said before.
Full practice sessions are not in quick race mode. I would call quick race mode a relevant mode, in fact i'd call it the most relevant game mode.

The only way to set up a full race weekend at say Singapore for a one off, would be to go to Championship season and skip through each of the sessions at each round first.

Lozzy said:

We are making some changes to hoppers on Xbox One to make it much more likely you'll find a session, so you will see an improvement there
so you're  basically admitting that codies are too lazy to implement public custom lobbies onto the xbox one. Pathetic 

@jennyannem I know you can't give any details about the '16 community testing just yet, but I am very curious if this could possibly involve people from outside of the UK as well. I'm from the Netherlands and I'd love to be a part of it, could you maybe answer that one?

Yisc said:
LGS469 said:
so you're  basically admitting that codies are too lazy to implement public custom lobbies onto the xbox one. Pathetic 

You might want to read their comment again. They said it isn't possible on the xbox one, because Microsoft hasn't got a server to notify that a custom lobby has been created.

Not the fault of Codemasters, but an issue Microsoft should fix.

Project cars has public custom lobbies on the Xbox one. No excuses codies

Lozzy said:

Well thanks for that answer.
Very disappointing to say the least and not acceptable when you paid 70 Euro. So Xbox one will have the definitive worst version of all platforms, yet I paid the same price.
The problem is obviously on your end cause every other game gets it done.

So my question is: What do we get for compensation? Improving hoppers is no compensation when you miss out on "the most notable change".

LGS469 said:
Yisc said:
LGS469 said:

You might want to read their comment again. They said it isn't possible on the xbox one, because Microsoft hasn't got a server to notify that a custom lobby has been created.

Not the fault of Codemasters, but an issue Microsoft should fix.

Project cars has public custom lobbies on the Xbox one. No excuses codies
Yea but is that running on an Xbox server or on a Project Cars server? I understood the response to be that to do public custom lobbies, Codies would have to deploy a solution (i.e. their own server) to bridge this short-fall with XB1 - whether it's reasonable for consumers to expect this from CM is another question - they would obviously see this as cost/overhead.

@LGS469 I appreciate your frustration but it's not a case of laziness, it's a case of we can achieve. We can either do all the work required to implement the server browser on Xbox One for F1 2016 and nothing else or we can leave the Xbox One with the multiplayer system that the platform manufacturer is pushing and do other things which benefit everyone on Xbox One, PC and PS4. I'm sure I know what you would like us to do but that seems a straight forward call to me.

Gav25182 said:
The only way to set up a full race weekend at say Singapore for a one off, would be to go to Championship season and skip through each of the sessions at each round first.
Let me see if we can add a full practice option for Quick Race.

"We are also looking to do something we’ve never done before"
this sounds good, but is it some grand scheme that will be put ahead of the basics?
i think what people really want is a decent career mode, safety car and more reliable and less smashy AI.

@Lozzy any word on whether the PS4 controller setup bug will be fixed in the next patch?