Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 And Beyond

Lozzy said:
@LGS469 I appreciate your frustration but it's not a case of laziness, it's a case of we can achieve. We can either do all the work required to implement the server browser on Xbox One for F1 2016 and nothing else or we can leave the Xbox One with the multiplayer system that the platform manufacturer is pushing and do other things which benefit everyone on Xbox One, PC and PS4. I'm sure I know what you would like us to do but that seems a straight forward call to me.

Gav25182 said:
The only way to set up a full race weekend at say Singapore for a one off, would be to go to Championship season and skip through each of the sessions at each round first.
Let me see if we can add a full practice option for Quick Race.
I, and several other hardcore fans, would be grateful. It was actually an option at launch, but was patched out immediately. Would love to know whether you were aware of that and why that step was taken Lozzy?

Gav25182 said:
I, and several other hardcore fans, would be grateful. It was actually an option at launch, but was patched out immediately. Would love to know whether you were aware of that and why that step was taken Lozzy?
The option will be added back in soon. It was a concious decision made back in March which didn't get changed until after the gold master version (what we put on the disc you get in the box). The 'fix' made it in for the patch you got on launch day, hence what you saw.

@Lozzy I can't understand why the consoles patch has a delay, they'd should be for all the platforms at the same time, despite of the fact that Sony or XB1 deliver the update of the patch later on.
In addition let me talk on behalf of console's communities and say that, with all the bugs we have currently, we don't mind to take risk in check new bugs as long as both pc and consoles have the patch at the same time.

Lozzy said:
@LGS469 I appreciate your frustration but it's not a case of laziness, it's a case of we can achieve. We can either do all the work required to implement the server browser on Xbox One for F1 2016 and nothing else or we can leave the Xbox One with the multiplayer system that the platform manufacturer is pushing and do other things which benefit everyone on Xbox One, PC and PS4. I'm sure I know what you would like us to do but that seems a straight forward call to me.
Remarkably like an ultimatum?

"We can do it for next year at the cost of any further improvement in this years game..."

Again we are back to not doing something because it is difficult, despite it also being a chance to test the code for a browser system I would assume you would put in next years game - seeing as its one of the things many have had a bitch and a moan about.

@jennyannem  If you need some Alpha tester, please contact with me to coop with you in order to improve the F1 2016, I could sign a confidentiality agreement to ensure there are no leaks on my part.

JuanCarMR said:
@Lozzy I can't understand why the consoles patch has a delay, they'd should be for all the platforms at the same time, despite of the fact that Sony or XB1 deliver the update of the patch later on.
In addition let me talk on behalf of console's communities and say that, with all the bugs we have currently, we don't mind to take risk in check new bugs as long as both pc and consoles have the patch at the same time.

I appreciate it's frustrating to have to wait longer on console but we're working to get this out as quickly as possible for everyone.

FRACTURED said:
Remarkably like an ultimatum?

"We can do it for next year at the cost of any further improvement in this years game..."

Again we are back to not doing something because it is difficult, despite it also being a chance to test the code for a browser system I would assume you would put in next years game - seeing as its one of the things many have had a bitch and a moan about.
Our resources are finite, we have x amount of man hours we can put in to patches and future games. We can do one thing (Xbox One server list) or the other (improvements for all platforms). That's not an ultimatum, that's the reality of having to make difficult decisions in life. I appreciate that Xbox One players are unlikely to agree though.

Now that the PC patch is out are you now going to submit the patch to Microsoft/Sony for approval soon? 

Lozzy said:

Our resources are finite, we have x amount of man hours we can put in to patches and future games. We can do one thing (Xbox One server list) or the other (improvements for all platforms). That's not an ultimatum, that's the reality of having to make difficult decisions in life. I appreciate that Xbox One players are unlikely to agree though.
I can understand that resources are not endless and there will always difficult decisions over priorities.
But here is the deal: It was your decision to introduce a completely broken hopper system, that nobody ever wanted in the first place.
We are not responsible for any wasted resources that are now missing, 3 months after the game launched.
I was so patient all the time, but I don't want to feel like a second class citizen on Xbox one. When I bought F1 2015 for Xbox one for 70 Euro, I was not aware that my version would miss one epic important feature. That is a big deal.
It is your duty and responsibility to fix that.

Lozzy said: Our resources are finite, we have x amount of man hours we can put in to patches and future games. We can do one thing (Xbox One server list) or the other (improvements for all platforms). That's not an ultimatum, that's the reality of having to make difficult decisions in life. I appreciate that Xbox One players are unlikely to agree though.
My resources are also finite? I have x amount of money to spend on games and X amount of time to play them. I'm livid this year that so little time has been spent on playing with this years F1 cars. The game wasn't advertised as being in the state it was. Nor was pCars but it as a new franchise had some leeway as it was a stop gap for me until F1 came out. Such high hopes you guys all set (okay maybe not necessarily you guys here, we hear from, but you know what I mean).

The amount of work they have performed on that game is unreal and they're still going through various fixes and improvements, constantly adding to whats as of now a pretty impressive game. Whilst working on the sequel in 18-24 months or whatever. So basically I play that now when I want to race. I race league's on that instead of the 2-3 league's I'd have previously run in F1. Nobody (or no-one I'd race with regularly) could find a way of getting it stable enough for long enough not to have cray cray lag and desynchs and disconnects. Can't run a league under those conditions! Basically, no longer do I spend Friday, Saturday constantly racing F1, or lying and claiming the Japanese GP was as an excuse for why I'm just getting into bed at 8 am. 

Maybe this is what withdrawal feels like. Its not bad now. The Formula A's are pretty good.

Why can't this be both for a patch, and for the future game?

Lozzy said:

I do not believe my eyes, that employee of the company could write something like that. I just wonder whether it is a manifestation of your stupidity, or simply your company as a F1 monopolist feels so much confident, that you allow yourself for such a big rabble and disregard for the customers.

First, attempts to shift responsibility for Microsoft, which allegedly does not permit you to send requests to the server. Every, even worst web dedicated servers administrator know that is not a any big technical problem and you just lie. Now you change strategy and write thaat Codemasters simply doesnt have a enoguh human resources, and you write it as if it would be a something normal. No it is not normal! You didnt have to much time? So hire someone additional to do this work and clean up this brothel! As well as for PS4/PC customers!

Honestly a bit more and I really lose patience to you, but then the situation will cease to be funny, becouse from that time we will communicate through lawyers. I promise you this and i`m sure that i find enough people here to submit a class action lawsuit againts you.  This is the last warning to stop treat us like second-class customers.

Lozzy said:
Gav25182 said:
The option will be added back in soon. It was a concious decision made back in March which didn't get changed until after the gold master version (what we put on the disc you get in the box). The 'fix' made it in for the patch you got on launch day, hence what you saw.
Appreciate the response Lozzy. When you say it will be back in, is that patched back in to 2015 or willl be added to 2016?

Lozzy said:
Have you asked yourself, how did Codemasters get into this position? We the fans/customers certainly did not put them there.

Misza84PL said:

Lozzy said:

I do not believe my eyes, that employee of the company could write something like that. I just wonder whether it is a manifestation of your stupidity, or simply your company as a F1 monopolist feels so much confident, that you allow yourself for such a big rabble and disregard for the customers.

I could not agree more. Moreover,  it should not be forgotten that the same lame excuses have been made for 5 years.  If CM's forums had not "disappeared" then it would have been easy to show just how poorly CM have acted over the years. 

Welcome JennyAnneM, and although not a PC Platform user, it's nice to see things are in motion for them, and then hopefully PS4 and XBox gamers.

Now, onto the 2016 game. Couldn't the team download snatches of what they have programmed into the next release (thereby giving us an opportunity for a free run at a particular race track, say a good number of laps including the ability to pit), just so we, the community, could be your testers and give constructive feedback on how we found it......and maybe even to add comments of things that could be improved, and what we would like to see added, relevant to the track we're presented with, and perhaps for all the tracks if deemed necessary etc.
One thing I can think of that would be beneficial (IMHO) is the status report of every car that BBC/Sky use at the bottom of the screen which ticker tapes through to show every car's position, and time differences.  The lap HUD only gives you time differentials for the immediate car ahead, and behind you. The full track map, however handy, doesn't tell you on the dots who is who (perhaps colour coded dots for the teams might help?).  

Just some ideas to throw in the future pot.  ;)

I think the F1 team have learnt lessons from the DiRT Rally team, about involving the community more and making a better game.

I know the F1 fans are (rightly) a harder bunch to please, after so many years of glitchy games, but I hope it goes as well as DiRT Rally has, next year.

Lozzy said:
I have an Xbox one. Why in the world is it not possible to have a public custom lobby list on this platform?
Sony and Valve (via Steam) give us the back end support to advertise public sessions and browse for them. When you create a session you tell a server about it. Then when someone searches they contact the same server which gives them the information about all the sessions available. That server does not exist for Xbox One so it's simply not possible to implement without creating it ourselves and that's beyond the scope of what we can achieve at the moment I'm afraid.

We are making some changes to hoppers on Xbox One to make it much more likely you'll find a session, so you will see an improvement there.

Gav25182 said:

even if Practice looks like it isn't coming back yet.

What do you mean @Gav25182? Practice is available in all relevant game modes.

Well, good news, but why is PC always first and when does the XBox One patch comes out?
We generally release first on PC because there are no submissions involved and it allows us to get patches out to the community and get feedback before we release them on console. It's fair to say that's a double edged sword for PC users, they generally get the majority of fixes first but probably also get exposed to more bugs which slip through the net during our testing.

There is presently no release date for PS4 or Xbox One, we'll keep you informed about our progress though.

Any idea when Motion Control will be enabled on the DS4 controller?

10/10 for persistence. There are still no plans to support this for F1 2015 as we've said before.

0/10 for dumb ass. YOU NEVER SAID THAT BEFORE. That's why I keep asking. You give half ass answers. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!

In terms of my role, you’ll be happy to know that I've been specifically hired to bridge the gap between Codemasters and the community.

I've not laughed this much since the last community manager (or whatever you are) said this.

hey Jenny :) let me get you up to speed on the "community" as you put it. Codefailures have done such a bad job lately there is no community. There used to be but with the forum closure upon the release of a truly bad game, codies have left a very sour taste in gamers mouths, yes there are maybe a hundred or so people who come here but I wouldn't exactly call it a community. They (codies) were way too late releasing a game on current consoles and when they did release it lets just say it was sub standard to what we expected. For over a year one community manager or another has tried to tell us the same things as you, ie we want to listen to the community, but I'm afraid we have never been listened too. You may say this time is different but tbh most know it will never be the case. Take 2015 for example, who asked for hoppers? who asked for no career? nobody and the things we did ask for get blanked. Codemasters is a sinking ship and I hope you can swim. Normally I would not post such a negative post to reply to a new member of staff but this is what its came too. Anyways all the best in your new job :) lol

I felt I had to be the one to say this as clearly everyone is more impressed by the fact a girl is here talking about games, bad games but games none the less.

On a different note, what goods a racing game that you play online if there is no penalty for cutting corners, yeah its coming in a patch, who knows when, who cares right?

In all fairness @SamuelTrautman, @lozzy and @dnote have engaged with this forum far more in recent weeks than ever before. I'm not saying the game is perfect but it is getting there. Hopefully @jennyannem will continue and improve on this good start.

Byrne said:
In all fairness @SamuelTrautman, @lozzy and @dnote have engaged with this forum far more in recent weeks than ever before. I'm not saying the game is perfect but it is getting there. Hopefully @jennyannem will continue and improve on this good start.

fair enough there has been a bit of engagement but I've heard it all before and they only engage with us when they need us to fix there game. The straw that broke the camels back for me is this, its to do with corner cutting. I'm not going hunting the forum for this quote but it goes along the lines of this and it shows how lazy or dumb (for want of a better word) the devz are. Codies staff " guys you need to tell us what corners can be cut so we can have a look to see if we can fix" I mean come on, wtf, put a copy in one of the many machines in the office, play the game for an hour or so and work it out yourselves. Jeez did testers not pick up on this? was it tested? Its like they want us to spoon feed them. People are paying 70 euros (what a joke) for the chance to test what looks to me like a beta. Check utube man its frankly an embarrassment.

I wouldn't buy a game thinking "its not perfect but it will start getting there in 4-5 months time"

Gav25182 said:
Appreciate the response Lozzy. When you say it will be back in, is that patched back in to 2015 or willl be added to 2016?
It will be in a future patch.

The Xbox One hopper improvements are coming in a patch. You might have noticed that a lot of companies have moved to hoppers on this platform, make of that what you will. Once people have had chance to play the game with the changes we've made we'll see what you think.

Byrne said:
Thanks for noticing :).

Just when you think codies can't sink any lower! All this time between patches and all the suggestions and feedback in between times,and still basically nothing that will enable league racing to take place on the game.Xbone players treated like second class citizens! Can't implement a custom lobby,I'm sorry that is just pure laziness and also lies project cars did it and probably on a smaller budget.So I have lost all hope that 2015 will ever have a playable multiplayer.As for 2016 it's pretty simple OPEN BETA!! Or at least a closed one for the top youtubers who know what we want the game to be and will sniff out bugs and glitches.I have bought every f1 game on release day for 2016 I doubt if I will buy it at all because I don't believe it will be anything other then a copy/paste of this unmitigated disaster and except maybe if we are lucky a safety car I don't think we will get anything we asked for, because let's face it when have we before?