Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 And Beyond | Codemasters Blog

Lfcmike81 said:
Heeeeeeeeeellllllllloooooooooo!!!!!! Do you read any of our comments? Do you reply ? ... I know this won't get read but if you do, respond and explain why you ruined the best racing series ever!!! You should be the flagship to real racing. I hope to hear some sort of response. Thank you Ps. I sent this months ago and had no response. Sorry that it's you who reads this Jenny. It sounds like you might sort this shambles of a game out. I hope !! Co-op has to be introduced again !!
Hi @Lfcmike81! We do read, we do reply, and we're doing our best to take everything on board!

(Oh, and no worries... s'what I'm here for! :smile: )

Thank you all for the welcome. I'll get you more updates as soon as I get them!
Hi Jenny, seems to me you like the abuse ;-) Is that what it takes to get an answer?

You'd better do nothing to me now no patch does not load anything. Sorry about the English language is the translator.

What's needed? 1. Safety Car 2. Stop & Go pens, Drive Through pens and red flag 3. AI to get out of your way when you're on a flying lap in Qualy and to get out of your way when being lapped in the race. 4 Stop getting warnings for the AI crashing in to you. 5 Car failures are non existent, that needs sorting 6. Crash damage needs sorting out. The crash damage is pathetic in all honesty, worse than last gen! Even with the damage on full the cars are more or less non destructible, it's quite laughable really.

What about the in season car updates that people were looking forward to, wait i may be getting ahead of myself give us a safety car. The safety car is f1. It is like no umpires in mlb, no refs in soccer/football i mean its the most basic upon basic thing copy and past. u should know how to do that im mean u have done it for 5 games in a row (besides F1 2015). happy to see a lot of new progress in this game though feels good.

Hi Jenny; welcome and thanks for the update. My thoughts echo a lot of what's been said already; the fans do feel let down by recent sub-par releases, which do not mirror the passion and excitement of such an adrenaline filled, technical showcase and strategic chess-game that is Formula 1. Basic elements are missing; you know what these are, and it's a shame that CM appear to have accepted diluting the game at the expense of such core features; e.g. safety car, red flags, in-race penalties, car/component failures (although previously understood this used to be down to FOM licensing restrictions) to name a few. Regarding the in-season update, I have a couple of thoughts: ** Improvements to AI behaviour in Qualifying: ** - AI will no longer all leave the garage at the same time. (Fine, although please don't dilute this too much; there are often times when the cars rush out together IRL e.g. weather) - AI will always do two runs in Short Qualifying and Q3. (Why? - teams/drivers often opt for a single run in the middle of the session to avoid traffic, or at the end of the session when the track evolution 'should' be at its peak. Perez/Hulkenberg in Mexico, is one recent example; there are plenty of others.) As I said above, these are very basic, but poor, decisions and immediately jumped out at me when reading the update. How has this managed to get through internal meetings without having a big red flag waved? If it's a case of CM being ok with reducing realism, then fine, that's for CM to call and direct a game where they see fit. But, the more diluted or simplified the game gets from real F1, the number of fans buying into the series will continue to fall; which would be a shame. For me personally, I'm disappointed with the omissions and certain decisions that have been taken in the past few years. Many of us live and breathe the sport, so much so that we want an authentic experience as often as possible outside of a race weekend. I still have faith, but it's reducing each year.

Had to register because of your blog. Great to hear that you are taking tips from players (which is the best way to find improvements to your game)! I am really enjoying driving F1 2015 but some key elements are missing. Online is really laggy and buggy and it makes it pretty difficult to enjoy. Happily you are already fixing some of those. :) On the other hand, I can't understand that you "make" all AI drivers drive two runs in Q3... Is it going to be a shambles? It really seems like it. And it isn't even realistic as there are always at least one to three drivers in Q3 that only drive one run so that they save tyres to the race.

As for offline... The lack of game modes is the biggest problem.
For example; You don't have that same passion when you are driving as a real driver and you have only one season to go through. It doesn't matter if you are last in every race with Mercedes because it doesn't effect anything (next seasons contracts etc). It looses the depth and as you can see from watching Youtube videos; The F1 community on that side is really dying right now. There is nothing to do. I sure hope you are really focusing on career mode and other smaller game modes for F1 2016. 

Few easy ways to make the game a bit more realistic:
Add a pit limiter option that you have 100% control of everything on the entry and the exit of the pit and stopping your car at the pit box. You can gain or  lose a massive amount of time depending if you are willing to take a risk and braking a bit later at the entry (causing you maybe going over the speed limit and facing a penalty) or breaking earlier and going to limiter mode many meters before the line. Breaking to the pit box you might miss the optional stopping point and that effects the time of the stop and so on... :)
Warm up lap: Really easy way to make the game feel more realistic. Poor warm up and you screw up the start or just nailing the perfect temperature and having a flying start (like the Williams in Silverstone). 
Safety Car: ...As mentioned by everybody. :D No need to explain the importance. 
Red Flag: Same as above. Mentioned, no need to explain.
Start control: Like in Project Cars. You are more important in the start and you gain or lose positions much more likely.
Stop & Go: Want to cut corners..? Probably not after you have faced a few Stop and go's and you are a lap down. (and drive through penalties as well)

Greatest part with these ideas above? They all could be ON/OFF-possibilities so those people who don't enjoy driving a warm up lap doesn't need to. 

There is only one really necessary change as for bigger improvments:
DAMAGE: Oh boy I really hope that you make damage more realistic. The mods that some people have done to F1 2014 looks simply amazing. You know as a F1 fan yourself, you can't touch the car in front even a little bit without losing at least a minor part of your front wing. In F1 2015? You can sometimes drive in tho them at 300km/h and the car is still fine... Really pisses me off! :D I want to see cars breaking down more! Are there even more breaking parts than the front wing (half or entirely gone are only options?) and the wheels in 2015? Really sloppy on that part Codies, really sloppy... Mechanical problems happen to AI drivers sometimes but never to players? Why? Those should have a much higher impact to the game. Like we saw in Mexico, drivers had to drive different lines on the straight just to cool down their breaks. In F1 2015 the race engineer sometimes warns me as breaks are too hot but they don't have the possibility to broke entirely? And for me, I haven't noticed any difference breaking while the breaks are hot.. So there is no point to cool your breaks and let the car in front have a bigger gap.

Ps. Pre season testing would be amazing for career mode.

Whoa, I thought that I type a few lines... Happy if you even made to the end without sleeping hah! :D And I definitely have some other improvements in mind for sure but can't just remember them now. :( 

Heres my ideas :) - - SC/Red Flag situations - Career Mode W/Cinematics, Warm Up Lap, Podium, Interviews - Co-Op Career Return with same features as Career Mode - Pit Stops is by pressing button combination like on champion edition to make racing more intense, the faster you go, then quicker they will do the changes :) - Pre-Season testing in game where you get used to car and its fails. - Upgrades throughout season that may or may not suit your style of driving. - Ultra realistic damage!
You covered it all, but one; system link for the LAN players among us.

The only other thing I want to add is that F12016 should be available for the first race of the 2016 F1 season - thank you !!!

codemasters,i like all your games but please revive this one game that used to be a free-to-play browser game:F1 Online:The Game.i know your first beta test phase didn't reach the number of players but i heard this from people "i didn't even know about the game if iknew it i would've played it"if you can launch just one more beta test phase for F1 Online: The Game i'm sure it will reach the required number of active players www.f1onlinethegame.com/

I'd like to see cars transmission stutter with some hopping due to the torque upon launching with some engine wobbling, like in real life. I think this feature is in Dirt Rally. Make 2016s atmosphere a bit more sinister and intense during racing.

In 2016, I'd love a return to career mode (so hyped as it was in 2010/11) but why not go a step further by having GP3 and GP2. Work your way through the ranks, earn test days with higher up teams. Become affiliated with certain F1 teams till you eventually get a drive with them. I'd even love a season as third driver (GP2 season with the odd Friday practice session) Tell me that wouldn't be awesome!

Imaginem um modo carreira vc começando da temporada 2010...depois trmporada 2011 e assim sussessivamente.porq oque adianta modo carreira...sempre na temporada 2016..vc correr 5 temporadas mas sempre do mesmo ano.nao vejo logica.

Classic cars! I had so much fun with 2013, I am sure that with this 2015 engine the classics would feel perfect.

Just fix the glitches instead of paying Sergio Perez too promote your game at Mexico!! So many glitches in the game, it just sucks! I make live content on youtube. You guys make me look so bad! Taking money of the people, and then think f. them. It's out allong time now this game, and you don't do crap! If Bernie Ecclestone would know what a mess you all make of it, he would release you from that contract, and get you in court! 

And again hours of driving down the drain! 20 hours in three days destroyed by buggs. Never buying this again!! You don't know shit about racing! I'm gonna email this too the Formula 1, and FIA, and all people that are in F1! They need too know how lame this game is. Has nothing, but nothing too do with F1! You damage real F1 with this. Hope it's gonna bite you all! Codemaster can suck my C! 

Hi I have played every f1 game since the original on PS1, all those games had a sense of authenticity around them with proper screen graphics and commentary this made you feel like you were in the race just not playing it. At the moment your F1 games are just boring, nothing happens, except to the player, our rubber wears out, but the AI still pump in the same lap time over and over with no affect on grip, we touch a car and spin out, the AI touch us and we spin out plus get a warning, the pit radio never tells us anything we don't know already. The removal of the career mode was the biggest mistake ever. Why not have a career that starts 5 years ago and use the past 5 championships plus 2016 as the career. This will offer variety instead of the same teams and drivers over and over, you had the chance to trial it this year with attaching the 2014 season to the 2015 game. But as I said the biggest problem is the feel of authenticity. Your game does not feel like an official game.

cariocaf1 said:
The video is Very Nice https://youtu.be/h9IJCnbaHyQ

It will be nice if Codemasters included in F1 2016 all of these classic cars and the tracks they won in by year instead of inclusion of the previous' year's F1 season.