F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 1

For those who don't know and may be interested, there is a new Initial D movie coming out and the full trailer for it has been recently released. It (the trailer) is not subbed yet, though, as far as I'm aware. It's coming to Japanese cinema in February 2016.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/12/16-1/video-full-trailer-for-3rd-initial-d-anime-film-posted

http://sgcafe.com/2015/12/are-we-getting-a-new-haruhi-suzumiya-anime-official-haruhi-website-goes-down-again/

Considering how enchanted I was this the series and the movie, I'm really looking forward to this. I haven't watched The Disappearance of Nagato Yuuki-chan yet, is it worth it/is it good?

I started watching Dragonball Super for nostalgia's sake and found myself skipping through half of it... but it is still watchable for me so I think I might just keep up with it.

Also got round to finishing the Fate series including UBW and am still following GinTama, Naruto Fillerpuden (also skipping through the bits of the episodes) and Yuru Yuri.

As for catch-up series, I'm currently working my way through Non Non Biyori Repeat (lovely show btw, totally recommend), followed by Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and then the Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (currently downloading).

And now for a question: does anyone have any recommendations for an already finished series to watch after Haruhi? I like to have the next 3 downloaded beforehand, just in case I get an opportunity to binge-watch and for whatever reason don't have access to the internet. Separate seasons count as the same show, since they essentially are that.

Thanks in advance.

Another question: how were people's holidays? Did you guys enjoy Christmas/Xmas/Winter holidays? Hope you had a merry Christmas and a happy new year, and continue to have a wonderful 2016.

Got Cowboy Bebop on Blu-ray finally. Also started One Punch Man today. Good so far, great animation!

Still awaiting Fairy Tail episodes after 213 :pensive: So watched the first part of Sword Art Online that's on Netflix. I quite like it. Think I'm going to give Sengoku Basara and/or Musou a go. I enjoy that period of history and since I can't find Nobuna's Ambition anywhere I'll just try those instead.

Just finished One Punch Man and thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the few times I wish the series/season was 24 episodes.

No idea what to watch after that... 

SynGamer said:
Just finished One Punch Man and thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the few times I wish the series/season was 24 episodes.

I'm about to watch The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan. I have no idea what to expect.

Also enjoying One Punch Man so far, though I'm not all the way through yet. Current status: he's on his way to punch someone once.

Britpoint said:
SynGamer said:

I'm about to watch The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan. I have no idea what to expect.

Also enjoying One Punch Man so far, though I'm not all the way through yet. Current status: he's on his way to punch someone once.
I remember that episode :smile: 

Through random googling, I'm going to give Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo a try I think. Heard really good things.

Just finished watching Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and I really enjoyed it. Great character dynamics, plenty of comedy and drama, and just enough fan service ;) Really wish there was a second season :( Hoping to find something similar to watch next.

I just finished Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) which Oda is apparently really jealous of...

Also watched the first episode of Haruhi and I'm not particularly confident about the reception that movie will be receiving should it actually be shown to the public...

Toyota's turned parts of its new Prius into anime girls and given them the title of "Impossible Girls", all voiced by famous voice actresses, as part of its advertising campaign...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBU0tV_UcUw

789ifyz said:
Toyota's turned parts of its new Prius into anime girls and given them the title of "Impossible Girls", all voiced by famous voice actresses, as part of its advertising campaign...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBU0tV_UcUw

...well played, Toyota. Well played...

Anime body pillows have also been recently featured in some Cartoon Network cartoons... something about bears or something. Can't remember what it was called, though. Just that there was something about bears wanting to hug an anime body pillow.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/01/23-1/video-star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-recut-as-an-anime-opening

I finished Silver Spoon seasons 1 and 2 finally. Really enjoyed the story (so far...?), especially how it was more drama than romance. Does appear there is a season 3 in the works right now which is disappointing as I think there is huge potential to develop the story and characters more.

Now to find something else to watch...

Have you watched Shirobako? If no, there's your series. If yes, proceed to Hataraku Maou-Sama. :)

From the current season I *strongly* recommend Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku Wo (KONOSUBA) and mildly recommend Ao no Kanada no Four Rhythmn (AOKANA). 

Britpoint said:
Have you watched Shirobako? If no, there's your series. If yes, proceed to Hataraku Maou-Sama. :)

From the current season I *strongly* recommend Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku Wo (KONOSUBA) and mildly recommend Ao no Kanada no Four Rhythmn (AOKANA). 
I have Shirobako on my computer. Started the first episode a few months ago but wasn't feeling it at the time. Still plan on going back at some point in the future. I've heard of and started watching The Devil Is a Part-Timer as well and while it's funny, again, I just wasn't feeling it at the time.

After about an hour of searching I've decided to give 
Hachimitsu to Clover a try. Heard great things about it for a while now, figure it's time to check it out.

I'll add Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! to the list. Looks like it's still airing?

Yes, the last two I mentioned are currently airing, so feel free to hold off if you prefer it that way but definitely deserves a place on the list!

I've not actually heard of Hachimitsu to Clover, unless there's a different name I may know.

Britpoint said:
Yes, the last two I mentioned are currently airing, so feel free to hold off if you prefer it that way but definitely deserves a place on the list!

I've not actually heard of Hachimitsu to Clover, unless there's a different name I may know.
Also known as "Honey and Clover"?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/16/Hachimitsu_to_Clover

I really have got addicted to Sonic X again. I'm through 28 episodes already! Man I miss this show and it's such a shame they never properly finished it!

The other problem is that the theme song is too catchy and stays in your head all day!

An anime I've been thinking about looking for is ZOIDS. I remember watching that in the morning back in early High School.

Right now, I'm finally watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and am committed to watching it all the way through. I've seen the original obviously, and I've started FMAB a couple of times, but never actually finished.

@SynGamer I tried ZOIDS a few months back and, personally, I found it to be a really boring version of Power Rangers, and Power Rangers is already boring for me, though I did love it as a kid, so perhaps I would have enjoyed ZOIDS when I was younger,..

Anyway, the show itself, at least at the start, is somewhere between Power Rangers and something like Pokemon or Digimon or something.