DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 1

fIsince08 said:
Sonic X is starting to take a dark turn. In episode 67, we see the only cannon appearence of Dark Sonic in the entire franchise after he is affected by the fake chaos emeralds and gets annoyed by the Metarex. Essentially, Sonic goes Hulk mode!

Episode 68 is dark in the Japanese version as there is a suicide (edited out in the English dub) that leads to Shadow getting depressed.

Whilst episode 69 is a romance story (ironic considering the number ;)) it foreshadows theath of a main character...
Sonic X is still being aired?

Also, Hunter X Hunter is coming back.

So yeah, feel free to piss your pants in excitement.

Jiggy said:
fIsince08 said:
Sonic X is starting to take a dark turn. In episode 67, we see the only cannon appearence of Dark Sonic in the entire franchise after he is affected by the fake chaos emeralds and gets annoyed by the Metarex. Essentially, Sonic goes Hulk mode!

Episode 68 is dark in the Japanese version as there is a suicide (edited out in the English dub) that leads to Shadow getting depressed.

Whilst episode 69 is a romance story (ironic considering the number ;)) it foreshadows theath of a main character...
Sonic X is still being aired?

Also, Hunter X Hunter is coming back.

So yeah, feel free to piss your pants in excitement.
No, it finished 10 years ago (damn I feel old). I found the series on youtube but I've ground to a halt with three or four episodes left, just been to busy!

Just finished Your Lie In April and it was simply amazing. Not only was it a great story, but it was inspiring. I made the mistake of watching the final episodes on my subway ride home tonight and had to hold back the tears. Just a beautiful story.

I don't even know what to watch now...how do you follow that up?

SynGamer said:

Just finished Your Lie In April and it was simply amazing. Not only was it a great story, but it was inspiring. I made the mistake of watching the final episodes on my subway ride home tonight and had to hold back the tears. Just a beautiful story.

I dropped that because it was too good and I knew I'd have some kind of emotional break down watching it. Also... I'm a CLANNAD vet. I can spot the event flags.

SynGamer said:

So moved you even changed your profile pic, eh....

Anyway, @SynGamer , to answer your question: you don't.

I wasn't quite holding back tears, but I was definitely moved. The ending was really emotional. If I remember correctly, I tried following it up with something comical to balance out my mood, but I couldn't enjoy it properly with that ending constantly repeating in my head. In the end, I took a short break from anime before returning for a fresh start.

So, personal recommendation: take a short break to freshen up and then return to watch a comedy of some sort. Maybe even Kimi to Boku. It's been good so far.

I'll take this opportunity to remind those who don't like subs that Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Gekkan Shoujo: Nozaki-kun are both getting English dubs.

And now, I'll be spending a couple hours brooding over the memories this discussion has conjured up.

Well, maybe not, but I am feeling kinda sad all of a sudden. That ending...

It was just a really well-done anime...
That letter...just, damn, so many emotions. It left me wanting to know if they said anything to each other before the surgery, if he told her he loved her, kissed her, hugged her, something. Some sort of closure.
Anyway, yeah, I'm not really sure what I want to watch right now. I would love a sequel that follows the rivalry further, perhaps on through high school and into college. I'm actually kind of interested in Nodame Cantabile, perhaps I'll give that a try, we'll see. This anime is one of the first to really leave a lasting impression on me, which only seems fitting :smile: 

So... it appears there's going to be an Attack on Titan anthology which will actually be a western take on the Attack on Titan universe.

Also, there's some new visuals and cast revealed for the SAO movie, and Kirito/Kazuma looks like a girl.

Link: http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/66677/sword-art-online-the-movie-ordinal-scale-visual-and-cast-revealed/

Also, IBM Japan is working on an SAO inspired VR MMO.

I thought the IBM MMO thing turned out to be fake? Either a prank or just a fake marketing thing. I don't have a source on that though, just something that I kinda heard in passing

https://developer.ibm.com/dwblog/sword-art-online-vrmmo/

It isn't anywhere near the level of SAO's nervegear. It uses, instead, the Occulus Rift and HTC Vive headsets. As far as I'm aware, it's still pretty far from complete.

I suspect that if/when it gets nearer to completion, it'll probably support stuff like VR treadmills and those wii-mote style controllers made by Razer. Team Fortress supports them too, I think.

Started Erased today and am really enjoying it. Already 7 episodes in and looking to finish it up tomorrow. Can't wait to see where the story is going!

Finished Sonic X. I'd never seen the last season before so it was good to finally finish it off. Cosmo's death is badly done in the UK dub, a bit like everything else, whilst they leave Shadow's survival out completely. The actual series itself ends on a little bit of a cliff hanger, but there isn't enough of a plot line to make a fourth season. 

I don't know what to watch now ::frowning: 

Anyone here rate Kangoku Gakuen (Prison School)? I'm on 170ish in the manga and I can confidently say; Mari best girl.. IT NEEDS an S2. 

I'm currently watching Nurarihyon no Mago (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan) and it's pretty good-ish. Not as good as some other series I've watched, but still quite enjoyable. 

Kimi to Boku was a nice comedy, and the few grips I had with it disappeared after a few episodes. The second season focused more on romance than comedy, though the comedy was still present. It just wasn't as prominent.

@fIsince08 , speaking of Sonic, the new series is so horrible they've basically ruined Sonic. It's cheesy/campy even for something aimed at kids. And worse, they've ruined both Shadow's character AND his voice!

Anyway, for those not in the know, FFXV is getting a movie, demo, anime AND mobile mini-game, all before release. I think @Wynterdust may be interested in this, though I suspect he/she probably knows already.

789ifyz said:
I'm currently watching Nurarihyon no Mago (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan) and it's pretty good-ish. Not as good as some other series I've watched, but still quite enjoyable. 

Kimi to Boku was a nice comedy, and the few grips I had with it disappeared after a few episodes. The second season focused more on romance than comedy, though the comedy was still present. It just wasn't as prominent.

@fIsince08 , speaking of Sonic, the new series is so horrible they've basically ruined Sonic. It's cheesy/campy even for something aimed at kids. And worse, they've ruined both Shadow's character AND his voice!

Anyway, for those not in the know, FFXV is getting a movie, demo, anime AND mobile mini-game, all before release. I think @Wynterdust may be interested in this, though I suspect he/she probably knows already.
I've watched two episodes of it and can't bear to watch any more. I haven't got up to Shadow and don't intend to, what they did to Knuckles (and Amy for that matter) was bad enough. It's no wonder that the series is starting to fail.

There's supposed to be a Sonic movie coming out in 2018 that is a live action cross CGI. I really hope they don't screw it up.

fIsince08 said:
789ifyz said:

I've watched two episodes of it and can't bear to watch any more. I haven't got up to Shadow and don't intend to, what they did to Knuckles (and Amy for that matter) was bad enough. It's no wonder that the series is starting to fail.

There's supposed to be a Sonic movie coming out in 2018 that is a live action cross CGI. I really hope they don't screw it up.
I @fIsince08 , I haven't been watching it either. I just happened to catch some glimpses of it while my brother was watching and walked out again after a couple of minutes. It really is unbearable. As for Shadow's new voice, that's been bugging me since that one cutscene towards the end of Sonic Generations.

Ohh yeah just seen about all those FFXV announcements. To be honest though I'm really not hyped about FFXV at all. I played the demo and although the gameplay looks good I just cannot get behind the characters. They're all the type I have no interest in playing as! With 13, although I couldn't stand the game as a whole I liked 2 or 3 of the characters so I endured it. I'm probably just going to skip it altogether to be honest. FF to me has lost it's appeal in the last decade... 12 was the last one I liked and 10 was the last one I could say I really enjoyed! I'll just continue to wax nostalgic on 7 and 8 I think.

I finished Grimgar earlier this evening, not bad, not good. Very..."meh". Overall, interesting story, but as mentioned a few pages back, a lot of still frames. Felt lazy, and the pacing didn't help either. I would say this is forgettable...6/10.

Going to give Servant X Service a try. A nice change of pace from the fantasy and sci-fi I've been watching lately. Seems like a fun slice of life series. The manga originally caught my eye, but thankfully there's an anime to try out.

I also have Bakemonogatari and Haikyuu!! (S1?) queued up.

SynGamer said:
I finished Grimgar earlier this evening, not bad, not good. Very..."meh". Overall, interesting story, but as mentioned a few pages back, a lot of still frames. Felt lazy, and the pacing didn't help either. I would say this is forgettable...6/10.

Going to give Servant X Service a try. A nice change of pace from the fantasy and sci-fi I've been watching lately. Seems like a fun slice of life series. The manga originally caught my eye, but thankfully there's an anime to try out.

I also have Bakemonogatari and Haikyuu!! (S1?) queued up.

I read that as Sonic X and got all excited :p

I finally got round to starting Samurai Champloo. Taking my anime viewing slowly right now, since I have exams coming up. Can't wait til 13th of May. Summer Holidays and FREEDOM!!!

Apparently...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-04-15/ibm-sword-art-online-virtual-reality-mmo-project-posts-more-in-game-footage/.101100

Going to start Noragami (season 1...) tomorrow. Looks fun and I would like to keep the entertainment upbeat/action-y for a little while.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-04-29/complete-haruhi-suzumiya-soundtrack-announced-with-teaser-for-more-in-2016/.101618