Sign in to follow this  

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 1

Anime North is this week! Cannot wait! Renting a car Thursday/Friday, hotel booked right at the convention. The ONLY thing that has soured this week thus far is that I have to go to work today, and my wife lost her job (funding cuts) last Friday...

Thankfully we saved for this ahead of time, so nothing is going to ruin this weekend for us :D

Sorry to hear about your wife's job troubles. Have fun at the convention! Hope you come back with lots of stories and merch to show off? ;)

In anime, I think I'm going to watch Girls und Panzer. People have recommended it, it's on Crunchyroll, there's a World of Tanks mod using its theme. Sounds like a winner. And you know, if high school anime have always been a bit lacking  in one thing, it's tanks.

My Anime North pictures, for anyone interested;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/misterdbarton/collections/72157644878098003/

new phone so I haven't quite figured out the auto-focus yet. 

SynGamer said:

Seeing that your comic thread was deleted i'll post this here

In July i'll be meeting these comic artists in Melbourne Australia :)

SynGamer said:

Nice! That's pretty awesome. Make sure to get some autographs/pictures with them!

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:

Nice! That's pretty awesome. Make sure to get some autographs/pictures with them!
I will :)

Watched Knights of Sidonia on Netflix last weekend. Not bad, not great, interesting overall.

I've been watching Battlestar Galactica recently which has reduced my anime watching, but now I'm done with that so it's time to catch up on all the stuff I missed last season!

Also things that I'm watching as they come: SAO II and Sailor Moon Crystal. Sword Art Online is just great, and I never saw the original Sailor Moon so this is sort of a history lesson for me.

my list of anime to check out is really getting too long. the most recent one i finished was Vylkiria Chronicles. I liked it. Still in the middle of FMA: Brotherhood.

Also, is it ok to post about parodies? TeamFourStar's TFS (Dragon Ball Z) abridged is pretty good. lots of funnies and references to other shows (most of which i don't get). They also have a 10 minute DBZ Kai Abridged (2 seasons, one episode per season). i'd recommend it.

they've also done movies. Claptrap appears in the latest one - Cooler 2: The Return Of Cooler's Revenge The Reckoning.

The seemingly discontinued Naruto: The Abridged Series by Ninjabridged is ok. and i've heard good things about CardGamesFTW's yu-gi-oh abridged. i haven't tried it personally since i find yu-gi-oh boring, but my siblings enjoy it.

I'd also recommend Angel beats and my teenage romance comedy SNAFU to anyone who hasn't watched them already

I'm thinking about watching FMA:B finally. I really enjoyed the original, and I hear the new series is even closer to the manga. And the animation looks outstanding!

SynGamer said:

I'm thinking about watching FMA:B finally. I really enjoyed the original, and I hear the new series is even closer to the manga. And the animation looks outstanding!

Yes mate, do such things as these. IMO Brotherhood is significantly better! ^_^

a glimpse of TFS's work - Cooler 2 The Return Of Cooler's Revenge The Reckoning (full movie) poor Vegeta keeps getting kicked in the privates. Ouch! ;(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8yC02d7UZY

also, i'm starting Zankyou no Terror. there's only 2 episodes, so i'm assuming it's just starting/ongoing. can someone tell me the day and time (GMT is preferable) of the new episodes' release.

Also, try Virtua Fighter and Sonic X. Also, there's this one where the main character was a short kid with blonde hair and bushy black eyebrows who was learning some deadly martial arts. I want to re-watch it but can't remember what it's called! help?

New recommendation! Sabagebu. Or, "Survival Games Club". It's a comedy about a bunch of students in an airsoft club, basically. The main girl is a bit of a sadist; something different from your usual comedy protagonist and is a lot of fun. ^_^

Some good action scenes as well as it shows how the characters imagine their fights would look if they were real. So there's blood and things explode... but everyone's fine afterwards.

789ifyz said:
Yuru Yuri is a pretty nice show for relaxing and some laughs. there are 2 12 episode seasons.
I love that show. In a similar vein:
  • Yuyushiki
  • Kiniro Mosaic
I've not seen Zankyou no Terror although have heard OK things about it, I may check it out once it's all aired. Another that I can recommend from this season is Aldnoah Zero

This is old news, but I just found out this morning that a second season of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa/My teenage romance comedy SNAFU has been green lit in May.

Does anyone know how long, on average, after green light it is before things release? Just to help estimate/guess a release window of sorts.

This isn't anime related, but we just subscribed to DramaFever and are watching this show called Roommates. REALLY funny show with some popular Korean idols. As a 2NE1 fan, I absolutely adore Park Bom.

Also, saw a poster for Comic Con 2014 on the DLR a last week or the week before. Has it always been in London, or is it just this year?

The poster advertised:
Comic
Manga
Cosplay
Film/Movies (can't remember which word was used)
Video Games
Anime.
In that order.

I'm pretty sure it's been around for a little while. Certainly there are lots of pics on my Facebook of my friends going to cool conventions I didn't know were on! ^_^

You know Manga is a really big deal for a lot of people but I've never read one all the way through. I've started some but get bored. Anyone got some good suggestions for some light reading on a commute to get into it?