Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 1

This is What a Pikachu Invasion Looks Like - Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/this-is-what-a-pikachu-invasion-looks-like-1797668771 

Just finished Durarara and found it to be very enjoyable. It was interesting and complex, though the ending felt a bit... 'meh'/'normal'. Not that that's a bad thing. Anyway, I'd definitely recommend it.

I also liked Alice & Zoroku somewhat, specifically the slice of life elements. Felt a tad sad at the end of that one.

Also, new season of Owarimonogatari has started, in case anyone's interested and didn't know. 2 episodes so far.

Has anyone watched Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.? Sounds like it could be fun...

SynGamer said:
Has anyone watched Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.? Sounds like it could be fun...
I've heard good stuff but not got around to watching it yet.

GAMERS is pretty fun as long as you like tearing your hair out over increasingly more frustrating romantic misunderstandings

Watched a few lately, mostly silly ones. Akashic Records was pretty good if a little bit common, Shin Koihime Musou was mostly just humour and was a bit of fun even if it took the **** out of one of my favourite historical eras :lol:
Testament of Sister New Devil is... well it may as well be a hentai, not sure I'll be able to watch the second season if that carries on. Best one I've seen recently is Classroom of the Elite. Still ongoing and it's pretty interesting.
Also went and watched Aho Girl... Everything about it confuses me and makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life but jesus christ it's so outrageous that it's hilarious. Definitely one to watch if you need cheering up after a bad day.

Why don't streaming sites work together? - Answerman: http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/answerman/2017-10-11/.122562 

Is Anime Streaming Consumer Friendly Right Now? - Answerman: http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/answerman/2017-10-13/.122590 

An Inside Look at How Anime is Made: https://kotaku.com/an-inside-look-at-how-anime-is-made-1643253327 

Sooo..... it appears that Anime Strike flopped, and as a result, all the anime on Amazon are available to Prime users, including Your Name in both subs and dubs and Amazon exclusive, Ronja the Robber's Daughter.

Currently watching Ashita no Joe but my all time favorites are K-On! and Ping Pong the Animation.

I wonder if bumping this just before the 'read only' period starts could get some more people to post here when the "new forum" comes out.
Like many other people, I'm currently watching 'The Rising of the Shield Hero' and 'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime'.

McStanley said:
What is 'Anime and Manga'?

McStanley - Body is 5 characters too short.
You know... sometimes I just wonder 'what' are you... :)

On 8/20/2017 at 3:15 AM, Britpoint said:

I've heard good stuff but not got around to watching it yet.

GAMERS is pretty fun as long as you like tearing your hair out over increasingly more frustrating romantic misunderstandings

Just quoting an age old comment, don't mind me. I just have to say that I watched GAMERS and I still want to punch a wall because a better name for it would just be "Increasingly more frustrating romantic misunderstandings" or "Misunderstandings" in short.

I recently re-subscribed to Crunchyroll as I need more anime in my life. I also like English dubs since I stare at a computer all day and it's the last thing I want to do when I get home from work (reading subtitles that is).

So...I've compiled all of the anime's listed in a thread over at CR into a spreadsheet that anyone can edit/modify.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-Be-_mvEtn6DH7GY_kaaIWj76wrqANIyMdyenDqhcw/edit 

*note 1: I live in Canada so I've tailored the list a bit to recognize when something wasn't available here.
*note 2: I'm sure there are more titles on the site that we aren't aware of, but this is at least a good start to help organize everything.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Syn said:

I recently re-subscribed to Crunchyroll as I need more anime in my life. I also like English dubs since I stare at a computer all day and it's the last thing I want to do when I get home from work (reading subtitles that is).

So...I've compiled all of the anime's listed in a thread over at CR into a spreadsheet that anyone can edit/modify.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-Be-_mvEtn6DH7GY_kaaIWj76wrqANIyMdyenDqhcw/edit 

*note 1: I live in Canada so I've tailored the list a bit to recognize when something wasn't available here.
*note 2: I'm sure there are more titles on the site that we aren't aware of, but this is at least a good start to help organize everything.

Holyy ****. Now for me to figure out how many of those can be watched in Finland 🙃

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UP100 said:

Holyy ****. Now for me to figure out how many of those can be watched in Finland 🙃

If you happen to find ones that are available in Finland, feel free to add FI under the "region" column (just follow the formatting already there) 🙂

Time sure does fly. I believe I wrote that message during the winter break or whatever it is called over here.

"The Slime Anime" ended with a decent ending I suppose and Shield Hero is still going on.

While those two have been going on, I watched through "Punch Line'" and I really liked it as I watched it all in 2-3 sittings. I kind of liked it how I didn't pay enough attention in the start and if I would've, the anime would've probably made more sense on the first time watching it through.

Posted (edited)

Haven't watched anything since The Rising of the Shield Hero ended, so if anyone here sees this message in the next couple of years (as we are so active in here), reply to this with some anime you want me to at least watch an episode of. I can promise to at least watch an episode of it.

On another note, I took the music files from the PC port of Punch Line and found out that they have 4 full songs sung by the voice actors that were originally used for 5-10 seconds in the Anime.

This is also the biggest rip-off in this planet. They didn't even change the PS4 button images to PC ones! At least it's some 20 hours of gameplay.
image.png.ee8ca1284e449876165a302c31023edd.png

Edited by UP100

32 minutes ago, Malling said:

Coming across this thread reminds me that I need to update my MAL... 🤔

Oh my god it's another human being! 😮