Sign in to follow this  

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 1

789ifyz said:
how true was this, back when he actually copied other people's moves?

also, this:

why don't the pics show up on the post?

789ifyz said:
789ifyz said:
how true was this, back when he actually copied other people's moves?

also, this:

why don't the pics show up on the post?
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/share%20codies%20forums/IMG_30310372058955.jpeg?_subject_uid=239696150&w=AABTGjkXaJ1ysCfeJJZcIWfZIb7sauYbT6jI7BqbupMT6Q

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/share%20codies%20forums/IMG_184183368006811.jpeg?_subject_uid=239696150&w=AACQkEywrZNikd1XJ6a_slOR-iJ-4tWnQA51EaWEvq3P0g

Hm, I recently watched season 2 of magi, the labyrinth, was pretty good, much better than what i expected. 

couple of vids most have probably watched already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEo2ipzypTQ

I got asked the other day who is my fav anime Character?

It was a tough choice.... but, I choose Kamina from Gurren laggen 

Not exactly much to go on at the moment! I dunno, I never really got into DBZ. Maybe I was just too young when I watched it.

Ditto. My friends have tried to get me into DB/Z a few times but I just can't get into it.

SynGamer said:
Ditto. My friends have tried to get me into DB/Z a few times but I just can't get into it.
@SynGamer well, it is quite repetetive and plot progression is far too slow for most. I remember I used to like it as a kid for the epic attacks and stuff, but when I tried re-watching it, I found it all to be the same generic battles and, frankly, rather boring.

DBZA is a whole different story, though. Quite well-balanced. Of course, it's not an official series, just a parody. Newes episode 45 is called "Hyperbolic Plot Device" and makes a reference to Naruto ending.

Recently binge-watched Attack on Titan in two days spanning two weeks (2 wednesdays, missing one in the middle.)  Not sure what to think of it. I guess it was OK, overall. Some bits were epic, others were kinda meh.

Also, it seems the dub (which i watched) aired on Adult-Swim... Haven't seen the sub for Shingeki no Kyojin.

789ifyz said:
Also, just started Steins;Gate today. It's really interesting. I'm absolutely hooked.
My anime buddy at work insisted I try Steins;Gate, she was pretty distraught when I revealed I hadn't watched it. What's it actually about? Never really looked into it much.

I think mainly I'm just resisting it because that's a stupid place to put a semicolon.

Britpoint said:
789ifyz said:
Also, just started Steins;Gate today. It's really interesting. I'm absolutely hooked.
My anime buddy at work insisted I try Steins;Gate, she was pretty distraught when I revealed I hadn't watched it. What's it actually about? Never really looked into it much.

I think mainly I'm just resisting it because that's a stupid place to put a semicolon.
@Britpoint‌ it's basically time travel and its consequences, with a  slightly different take  on the multiverse theory but it isn't  quite as dull as many others that take  on that topic. Apart from a few generic episodes  in the middle, it's actually pretty interesting, as are the characters.

It's a total of 25 episodes. I watched it on Netflix, which has GREAT quality, as you probably know. Too bad it's anime library is so pitifully puny.

@Britpoint‌ I tried yuyushiki and I did enjoy it a lot, but I didn't love it as much as yuru yuri.

Have you tried Yama no susume? Basically about some high school students who love climbing mountains. I think the second season is still ongoing. The firsthe one is super short.

Also, in case you weren't aware, Zankyou no terror finished a while back. Total of 11 episodes.

I think I have mentioned this before, but I really liked Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru., better known as oregairu, also known as my teen romantic comedy SNAFU.

the second season is airing in April 2015. It's called, 
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.zoku, probably will be better known as oregairu 2, aka my teen romantic comedy SNAFU 2.

This anime almost inspired me to learn Japanese so I could read the light novel series it's based on...
Almost.

I guess I might check out OreGairu. Especially as it's got a second season as a) things that earn a second season are often pretty good and b) if it is good there's more of it to look forward to. Yuyushiki not getting a second run remains a great tragedy.

Recently finished the first season of Hitsugi no Chaika (or 'Chaika the Coffin Princess' if you prefer). I wasn't expecting much but it surprised me with fun characters, interesting antagonists and some good action. Second season of that is currently airing. Top action anime at the moment has to go to Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. It's nice to see this franchise living up to its potential

Britpoint said:
I guess I might check out OreGairu. Especially as it's got a second season as a) things that earn a second season are often pretty good and b) if it is good there's more of it to look forward to. Yuyushiki not getting a second run remains a great tragedy.

Recently finished the first season of Hitsugi no Chaika (or 'Chaika the Coffin Princess' if you prefer). I wasn't expecting much but it surprised me with fun characters, interesting antagonists and some good action. Second season of that is currently airing. Top action anime at the moment has to go to Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. It's nice to see this franchise living up to its potential
@Britpoint I've heard great things about Fate series. That's the next series I'm watching. Right now, I've restarted FMA:B, and this time I'm finishing it.
What order were they produced in again? Is it Fate/Stay Night, Fate Zero and then Unlimited Blade Works, or is Fate Zero the original and Night the prequal?

My Anime viewing has slowed down greatly in the last few months. But now my the xmas holidays are coming up (4 whole weeks!) and most my family's going abroad, I'll probably start binge watching (again).

Unless I'm feeling too lazy. Which I often am.

@Britpoint Apparently, Detective Conan is the Japanese version of Sherlock Holmes, so if you enjoy or enjoyed Sherlock you may enjoy that.
Personally, I don't like the new Sherlock. The original Adventures of Sherlock Holmes was much better in my.... humble. opinion.