Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 1

Check out the trailer for the attack  on titan movie. Looks really good!
I tend not to watch movies, but I may make an exception if we get to see Levi go crazy, even if it's only for a few seconds....

I am looking forward to (and planning to watch) Season 2, though. Can't wait for 2016.

3 of my favourite parts from TFS Abridged (which somehow makes DBZ actually enjoyable) epsode 47:

#17: OK. Bug man from the future. Let's say I believe you; where do we go from here?

Cell: Inside me.

#17: Stop it!

Piccolo: Well, he's basically a walking patry-dish of the galaxy's strongest fighters.

Cell: Oh, tell him about the time I took an entire football team [or something like that].

#17: Is that true?

Piccolo: Yes.

#17: But that still doesn't explain why he's here.

Cell: You know, it's rude to talk about someone when they're standing right in front of you.

#17: Okay... Why are you here?

Cell: Because, 8!+(# . I drink people.

Nail: So, you got any last moves you've been saving?

Piccolo: Yeah.

Nail: Really? Since When?

Piccolo: About now-ish.

Cell fails to absorb 16

Cell: What the? What are you made of, pure metal?

#16: Affirmative. I am android 16.

Cell: Oh. Errors have been made.

Note: these aren't exact transcripts, the actual script may differ very slightly.

Sooo..... Can anyone explain the Higurashi no Koroni Kai ending? It appears as though a fully grown Rika is talking to Takano as a child, and somehow her childhood ends up changing... How is that possible? I thought time simply reset whenever she died. I'm pretty sure Time-travel wasn't invented. What's going on? Can anyone explain?

In completely unrelated news, the Queen got killed on week 27 on my first attempt at Long Live The Queen.

Now, on my second attempt, I'm at week 31 and the Queen is still alive.

789ifyz said:
In completely unrelated news, the Queen got killed on week 27 on my first attempt at Long Live The Queen.

Pretty sure she's just a Princess... ;)

You're doing all right. I didn't play it too much, I got her killed by a snake and killed by poison and then I kinda moved on to other things!

Britpoint said:
789ifyz said:

You're doing all right. I didn't play it too much, I got her killed by a snake and killed by poison and then I kinda moved on to other things!
Ah, so she is. I guess the title and the fact that she's already making all the decisions kind of made me forget she doesn't actually become Queen until she's survived the whole year.

I've had a third attempt, survived 35 weeks this time. Now she's died from an arrow, poison and being hit by magic.

789ifyz said:
Britpoint said:
789ifyz said:

Ah, so she is. I guess the title and the fact that she's already making all the decisions kind of made me forget she doesn't actually become Queen until she's survived the whole year.

I've had a third attempt, survived 35 weeks this time. Now she's died from an arrow, poison and being hit by magic.

Elodie never can catch a break, can she?

It would seem unfotable is making a new Tales of anime: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/06/07/tales-20th-anniversary-anime-based-on-zesteria-announced.aspx

I've heard Akame ga Kill is coming to Toonami in August. From what I've heard of it, it seems to be the type of anime that normally receives some pretty high quality dubbing, so I'm hopeful, but we won't know until it's actually aired.

I had a dream last night where there was this weird crossover between the children's anime, Beyblade, and Pikes Peak Hillclimb in that the stadium was on the mountainside and cars could be seen racing up the mountain, only they were Rally cars rather than Hillclimb cars...

There was also an attempted assassination shown in first person using a Borderlands style gun/RPG kinda thing. Apparently, the enemy was too strong to combat head on so Mr. Dickenson had hired the cameraman to destroy the Demolition Boys by any means necessary.

Of course, the attempt failed because, apparently, a Nuke can be cancelled out easily by a Spinning Top. They even had the whole weird light and shocked character faces before the explosion sort of began but then quickly faded and I'm not sure how it all works but somehow nothing happened to anybody at all.

Oh, and at some point there was the Doc Oc final boss battle from Spiderman 2 for PS2 - which, by the way, is the best game ever to have existed throughout the history of spiderman games - except with remastered graphics and a smaller and less dangerous environment/location.

789ifyz said:
Britpoint said:
789ifyz said:

Elodie never can catch a break, can she?
No she cannot, the poor child.

SynGamer said:
Britpoint said:
Ah, if only we'd make an anime version of DiRT Rally then! 
I always thought rallying would be the perfect motorsport discipline for a romantic comedy anime.
I would love to see a short rally anime, similar to Initial D :smiley: 
It's funny you guys mention this because I'm actually working on an anime piece right now that's a mock poster/teaser for a rally-based anime. The genre I was looking to portray in my piece was almost along the lines of slice-of-life/magical girls (except no one is magical, of course - just very good at rally). I'll post a WIP when I get a little more done...

SynGamer said:
Britpoint said:
I always thought rallying would be the perfect motorsport discipline for a romantic comedy anime.
It's funny you guys bring this up because literally as of a week ago I just started on this giant 18" x 24" piece that is going to be a mock poster/teaser of a rally-based anime. Sort of a slice-of-life/shonen kind of show (sort of like a cross between K-On! and Initial D, if you can imagine that, but with less tea drinking than K-On! and less teenage brooding than Initial D).  I'll post a WIP when I get more done :smile: 

and @789ifyz - I generally am at least a few years behind on my shows, so I'm not watching anything current right now but I do plan to binge the Disappearance of Yuki Nagato when it ends. Other than that nothing really catches my eye right now, 'cept JoJo Stardust crusaders, and I'm still only a couple episodes into the first season of that so it may take a while for me to catch up. 

SynGamer said:
Britpoint said:
It's funny you guys mention this because I'm actually working on an anime piece right now that's a mock poster/teaser for a rally-based anime. The genre I was looking to portray in my piece was almost along the lines of slice-of-life/magical girls (except no one is magical, of course - just very good at rally). I'll post a WIP when I get a little more done...

SynGamer said:
Britpoint said:
It's funny you guys bring this up because literally as of a week ago I just started on this giant 18" x 24" piece that is going to be a mock poster/teaser of a rally-based anime. Sort of a slice-of-life/shonen kind of show (sort of like a cross between K-On! and Initial D, if you can imagine that, but with less tea drinking than K-On! and less teenage brooding than Initial D).  I'll post a WIP when I get more done :smile: 

and @789ifyz - I generally am at least a few years behind on my shows, so I'm not watching anything current right now but I do plan to binge the Disappearance of Yuki Nagato when it ends. Other than that nothing really catches my eye right now, 'cept JoJo Stardust crusaders, and I'm still only a couple episodes into the first season of that so it may take a while for me to catch up. 

@Anths95 whoa! what's with the quintuple (i think that's 5?) re-post?

i think there was some other thread too where some old posts have been reposted a bunch of times. wonder what's going on...

789ifyz said:
@Anths95 whoa! what's with the quintuple (i think that's 5?) re-post?

i think there was some other thread too where some old posts have been reposted a bunch of times. wonder what's going on...
This was from when it was eating my posts and refusing to actually post them, so I kept editing it until it let me POST IT :lol: 

So... the other day i caught my brother actively watching an anime.

I asked him, "Since when have you been into anime?" to which he replied, "About 4 hours.

the anime he was watching is called baby steps. his synopsis of it is basically that it's about a rich kid who loves tennis so he ditches school to join a tennis club even though he's unfit, and then stuff happens and you'll find out the rest if you watch it.

i've seen a bit of it, looks ok, so I think I'm gonna go onto that once I'm finally caught up with GinTama.

i found this "ultimate" (it isn't really) anime fights compilation and the guy who made it seems to be a major Belt fan, since he's dedicated such a HUGE portion of it to Belt and Pleach, and then there's a little of the remaining 'Big 4', namely One Park and Dragon Bozu.

Luckily, they're all spaced out and the remaining mix is still pretty decent imo, featuring clips from the Fate series, Hanger Hanger, Hitman Reborn, Cowboy Bebop etc. ....

There's even one clip from Peth Note, I think.

Here's part one of the compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvRBkoFD-Wo

his channel

P.S. Yes, one of the purposes of this comment was, indeed, to use the alternative titles of the above mentioned anime.

@SynGamer You probably know this already, but in case you missed it, and to inform anyone else who didn't know but may be interested, there's a new season of GinTama that started airing back in April.

I'll just leave this here....

"I fought the log"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH3NFF_HeB8