Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 1

I really need to watch Durarara x2 at some point. I saw the original series when it aired and it was very good, but for some reason I haven't watched the second. First of all I'm currently finishing off Gate and Stein's;Gate. My friends'll get mad at me if I don't finish Stein's;Gate in particular because they've both played the Visual Novel and can't discuss spoilers while I'm around ^^

Britpoint said:
I really need to watch Durarara x2 at some point. I saw the original series when it aired and it was very good, but for some reason I haven't watched the second. First of all I'm currently finishing off Gate and Stein's;Gate. My friends'll get mad at me if I don't finish Stein's;Gate in particular because they've both played the Visual Novel and can't discuss spoilers while I'm around ^^
Durarara is on my watchlist. One of the shows I'm most looking forward to... and how far are you on Steins;Gate? What did you think of it?
I'd actually forgotten that it was a short series, since when I 'marathoned' it I didn't exactly have much time so I ended up taking a lot longer than the 2-3 days I'd initially planned to finish the show in.

789ifyz said:
Britpoint said:
Durarara is on my watchlist. One of the shows I'm most looking forward to... and how far are you on Steins;Gate? What did you think of it?
I'd actually forgotten that it was a short series, since when I 'marathoned' it I didn't exactly have much time so I ended up taking a lot longer than the 2-3 days I'd initially planned to finish the show in.
I'm only on about episode 6 of Steins;Gate, so it hasn't really kicked off yet and I've yet to figure out why they have that stupid semicolon in the title XD But I'm enjoying it well enough.

Have you seen Baccano? That was the thing the Durarara folks made before Durarara and is also a lot of fun.

Britpoint said:
789ifyz said:
Britpoint said:
I'm only on about episode 6 of Steins;Gate, so it hasn't really kicked off yet and I've yet to figure out why they have that stupid semicolon in the title XD But I'm enjoying it well enough.

Have you seen Baccano? That was the thing the Durarara folks made before Durarara and is also a lot of fun.
Baccano is also on my VERY long list of 570+ Anime I have yet to watch. I basically just randomly choose one everytime I finish or drop one I'm currently watching... yeah, that's probably not the most efficient method.

In other news, there's a relatively new kickstarter project that's begun now that the funding target has been reached. The animation quality on that looks great. It's a Sci-Fi Thriller called Under the Dog.

My friend at Uni watched 9 episodes of Baccano a long time ago, but he can't really remember it anymore... Also, he recommends a manga titled Vagabond for its incredibly realistic art style. He also warns that it's rude. Again, I've yet to try  it.

Ended up starting Bakuman on Friday. First episode was..."meh". Nothing great, but not boring. Hoping the next few episodes are more interesting.

So.... Baby Steps Second Season finished recently and I find both that and Oregairu.Zoku felt a little... incomplete. There didn't seem to be a proper conclusion, but it wasn't a cliffhanger, either, and neither was it one of those cliche "The real Adventure begins now" sort of endings, (well, may Baby Steps was, a little)...

The first seasons of both shows, the way they ended, it was clear that more was to come, but it still felt like the show had completed something, like it would be fine even if there wasn't a new season later on. These second seasons both felt like they ended mid-season instead. Has anyone else felt this to be true, or is it just me? Or has nobody else on this forum watched these shows?

Just finished season one of Bakuman, really enjoyed it overall. Diving straight into season two tomorrow, can't wait to see where this goes. I already have a few plot elements in mind but we'll see what happens!

@everyone and @Britpoint in particular, you may or may not be aware that a third season of Yuru Yuri titled Yuru Yuri San Hai has just started. You may or may not be interested in this show.

Well, that's all I wanted to post at this moment in time. Thank you for taking the time to read through this comment.

Bye, for now.

I appreciate the sentiment @789ifyz , but please don't imagine for a moment I wasn't aware of Yuru Yuri San Hai! XD

ゆるゆり、始まるよ!!

I'm two episodes from finishing Bakuman...and I don't want it to end! Great series so far. No idea what can follow after this series, but I'm open to suggestions.

789ifyz said:
And is it just me, or has the School Council VP's voice changed?
Oh hey, missed *this* comment! I don't think her voice has changed, but I think she's shouting a little bit less this season which might explain the difference ^^

SynGamer said:
I'm two episodes from finishing Bakuman...and I don't want it to end! Great series so far. No idea what can follow after this series, but I'm open to suggestions.
Have you watched Steins;Gate? I just finished it the other day. O.O

I've tried watching Steins;Gate like three times and each time I just cannot get into it :( I think I'm going to give Future Diary a try.

@Britpoint That may be it, though it was actually when she was shouting that I felt it was different - a slightly higher pitch than the last 2 seasons...

and @SynGamer too bad you couldn't get into Steins;Gate. One of my favourite series.
If I'm not mistaken, Future Diaries is the English title for Mirai Nikki, right? I've heard that show is pretty gory....

Anyway, personal recommendations would be Zankyou no Terror and Yuru Yuri (seen as the third season's just started). I've mentioned both of these earlier, too.

Not too long ago, I began reading a Korean Manwa titled "Noblesse". It is, at times, badly written, has an OP protagonist, and features many ultra cliche scenes, but somehow I still enjoyed it.

Perhaps thanks to its comedy, or maybe it was their unique (as far as I'm aware) take on Vampires and Werewolves, or perhaps it's the fact that it's all in full colour... I'm not entirely sure what attracted me, but I've basically caught up already and am keeping up with it. I think I may even recommend it.

Also started reading a Chinese Manwa called 'Doupo Cangqiong'. Only a couple chapters in and finding it a little underwhelming, but we'll see how it goes.

@Britpoint I found the first episode of Yuru Yuri San Hai disappointing. I feel they were trying to cram too much into a single episode. The second one was better, though. I somehow forgot about episode 3, though... will watch once I'm home.

789ifyz said:
@Britpoint That may be it, though it was actually when she was shouting that I felt it was different - a slightly higher pitch than the last 2 seasons...

and @SynGamer too bad you couldn't get into Steins;Gate. One of my favourite series.
If I'm not mistaken, Future Diaries is the English title for Mirai Nikki, right? I've heard that show is pretty gory....

Anyway, personal recommendations would be Zankyou no Terror and Yuru Yuri (seen as the third season's just started). I've mentioned both of these earlier, too.
I actually forgot just how gory Future Diary is...perhaps that's not the best viewing option when commuting on the subway. I also have My Teenage RomCom SNAFU, perhaps I'll give that a try instead.

SynGamer said:
I've tried watching Steins;Gate like three times and each time I just cannot get into it :( I think I'm going to give Future Diary a try.
How far did you get in? I also struggled a bit for about the first 10 episodes or so. It's quite slow until a certain moment, at which point it completely shifts pace and tone into something much more engaging.

Britpoint said:
SynGamer said:
How far did you get in? I also struggled a bit for about the first 10 episodes or so. It's quite slow until a certain moment, at which point it completely shifts pace and tone into something much more engaging.
I made it to episode 3 or 4 I believe. I don't think I could every give a series 10 episodes before it picks up pace/steam. I might go back to it at another time. For now, I am really enjoying My Teenage RomCom SNAFU. Likable characters and an interesting story with plenty of love interests.

Sounds fun; perhaps I'll check that out sometime. I'm currently on Ore Monogatari which is amazing. Typical romance for the most part - shy girl, dense guy, neither can read the other properly and it all gets very awkward. Except in this one there's a third character whose sole purpose is to point out all this stuff to the main characters, so he just sorts out all the difficult situations in a heartbeat and they can just get on with things. It's fantastic.

SynGamer said:
789ifyz said:

I actually forgot just how gory Future Diary is...perhaps that's not the best viewing option when commuting on the subway. I also have My Teenage RomCom SNAFU, perhaps I'll give that a try instead.
@SynGamer Haha! Another of my favourites! Hikkigaya is SO mature....

(in case it won't appear: http://pa1.narvii.com/5839/8081e5104c1111e615dc3132dcd806e7f3e38cfb_hq.gif )

Finally decided to check out The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and so far, I'm really enjoying it. Light and funny (so far at least) and my general mood is happier during my morning commutes :smiley: 

@dbs213 This may or may not interest you, but I've heard the Japanese are planning a manga adaptation for RWBY. Not quite sure how 3D animation would translate to comic, but if they do make a comic, I'd personally prefer it be western comic as the source material from the west, or if it must be asian, then Manhwa rather than manga as that is closer to its western counterpart (Left to Right, Full Colour).

Of course, I could be completely misinformed, and it could be that no comic adaptation, manga or otherwise, is in the works.

One thing I do know, though, is that the third season of the show recently started, but you probably know that already.

Also, @SynGamer ,while the voice acting can, on occasion, sound a bit off (i.e. sometimes it sounds like a dubbed anime) and the animation is, at times, a little... awkward(?) I think RWBY is worth a watch. Each episode is pretty short, and each season is only 12-odd episodes long.

Plus EVERY weapon is also a gun, so that's nice.

As for the Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I believe there's a dance in one of the endings that many people like to emulate on the internet....

In another thread of this forum, @TuliRally mentioned an anime called 'Goddamn' as an anime that's about Rallying. Judging by the image on the page he/she linked, I'm assuming it's actually rather old. Even so, I think it would be worth a watch for Rally fans on here. He also mentioned a manga titled SS.

Here's a link to the Rally themed comics/movies/anime/fiction/music/documents thread
: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/31990/off-topic-rally-themed-comics-movies-anime-fiction-music-documents-etc