Jump to content Jump to content

"Braking Point 2" - Teams to Select

Aiden's Team in Braking Point 2  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which team would you like to see Aiden Jackson in?

• Red Bull. They could go for another Constructor Championship, and alongside Max Verstappen, he'd be able to finally break Mercedes's winning streak.
    • Mercedes. Alongside Lewis Hamilton, Aiden could help to further assert the dominance of the team and prove that they remain untouchable.
    • Ferrari. It would be cool if the Scuderia would finally call another Constructor Championship their own, and a powerful teammate like Charles Leclerc can help to achieve the win as well.

Hello everyone,

this time, I have a really interesting question regarding F1 2022: If there's going to be a Braking Point 2 in the game, and I'm very certain it will (unless Codies say otherwise), which team would you pick for Aiden Jackson to join?

Please be advised that the teams to pick are based on the three possible dream teams in F1 2021's Braking Point, so neither Alpine nor McLaren are an option here.

Let me know about your opinion in the poll, and maybe write a reply to why's that.

I'd personally go for Mercedes, since I believe that Aiden could secure Mercedes their 9th consecutive Constructor Championship alongside Lewis Hamilton, who would get his 8th World Champion Title (and finally beats Michael Schumacher's record).

I personally feel that based on your team selection, you would lead that team to the Constructor World Championship, but I think the DWC outcome would be the same. Dunno how you would see it. 🙂

6 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Did you really like Braking Point?

Of course I did. I really liked the story around Aiden Jackson and Casper Akkerman. And after the ending sequence, I was already certain that Braking Point 2 would be a thing in the next game.

Like I said, it's all the decision of Codemasters whether they want to continue this or not, so all we can do is wait and hope. 😉

braking point was ok but if codies wanted to sacrifice braking point 2 to actually release a game with working wheel support and fix the mess thats online multiplayer i wouldn't be too bothered if braking point 2 wasn't in F1 2022

• Agree 1

If there's a second installment, Jackson will go to Mercedes. The look Toto gave him at the end said it all.

If Codemasters make BP2, it should have some options and different path to the story, not just a linear one.

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, WestHam66 said:

If there's a second installment, Jackson will go to Mercedes. The look Toto gave him at the end said it all.

If Codemasters make BP2, it should have some options and different path to the story, not just a linear one.

And thats the problem, the amount of work it takes for different paths would ensure the rest of the game suffers, at the current state of the games thats a horrible idea!

Just no! Please don’t spend any more effort on this cheap Eastenders rip off. It has zero believability in terms of actually being and F1 story. I want to create my own stories through career mode. They should spend the resource on improving that using some of the ideas generated through this forum. Absolutely no need for breaking point 2.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

The team I would pick for Aiden 'doesn't exist' Jackson would be Elon Musks Spacex team and xxxx him off to Mars where he belongs , and anyone who thinks that 'Cash Point' ; I mean 'Breaking pointless' is a great addition to the game can join him there and discuss the merit of Non fungible tokens or other **** Turpin pursuits. Regards Your Uncle Bingo.            PS my advice is to wear a belt as well as braces as they find it harder to get them down.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
21 hours ago, NicoTheJoker said:

I'd personally go for Mercedes, since I believe that Aiden could secure Mercedes their 9th consecutive Constructor Championship alongside Lewis Hamilton, who would get his 8th World Champion Title (and finally beats Michael Schumacher's record).

..and Just before Aidens wins the championship, Michael Masi hands the title to that other guy. 😬

But seriously, I hope those recourses will be spent elsewhere in the game. 

Edited by StanleyGoodspeed
Messed up quote
  • Agree 1

My suggestion is, DROP BP entirely and burn it with fire. Saves the effort and resources to focus & expand on game modes that are what actually made this series great and different from others in the first place (Driver's Career, MyTeam, nothing in the racing genre atm had anything that could rival these two modes imo).

I mean honestly, just look at Grid. What good had ever came from that series since they dumped the team management aspect from the first installment? Nothing, just a series that doesn't know what it wanna be, like that certain Project something CARS 3. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Agree 3
3 hours ago, DRTApophis said:

My suggestion is, DROP BP entirely and burn it with fire. Saves the effort and resources to focus & expand on game modes that are what actually made this series great and different from others in the first place (Driver's Career, MyTeam, nothing in the racing genre atm had anything that could rival these two modes imo).

This. ^^^ And I'm going to let rip now...

The modes and features that made me fall in love with this game years ago have suffered due to the inclusion MyTeam in 2020 (a mode I thought I'd be playing the hell out of but can't seem to get into it for some odd reason) and further still with Braking Point, a mode which lasted me all of 2 days and once finished, became completely redundant. I have zero interest in it returning in the future. The effort & resources that went into it could've been instead used to make the core game better.

There are so many things not working properly with F1 2021 that could've been fixed had the resources not been wasted on Braking Point, causing a diluted experience overall. On top of this, it's hogging an extra 40GB of disk space which could be used for other things or, ideally, a better game. More realistic contract negotiations, sector by sector weather (a 10 year old game has a better weather system than 2021, bring it back!), other career mode filler, disappearance of classic cars and extra championship modes and other things that are hyped before release only to not work properly post-release.

And SORT OUT THE DRIVER AI PERFORMANCES! Sick to death of Bottas and Perez being unbeatable and Hamilton and Verstappen finishing further down, I've always said something appears to have been done backwards with this, my suspicions further peaked with the "fix" that was supposed to make the AI move over for you on an outlap - this wasn't actually broken in the first place, cars moved over for me with no problem and this "fix" broke it! Mind-boggling.

If it's announced for next year that Braking Point will be returning, my already shaken love for this game will be completely broken, as I'm sure all the hype and nonsense around it will again distract from making a fuller core game. If there are any scraps of paper with ideas for it laying around the Codemasters office, stick it all in a bin, burn it and never think of it again. PLEASE.

I'd also say the same about some of the childish rubbish that comes with Podium Pass. The direction the game has gone in the past couple of years has been steadily downward towards the teen demographic, for the "lols" and streaming/youtube content. The game's fast becoming diluted, childish tat - only a couple of years after there was a reassurance that the aim was to make the game more realistic.

I'll put it this way: There have been bug-fixes for Braking Point but none for certain other things that really matter. A mode which lasts only a couple of days and has no further effect on anything, compared to the rest of the game which is supposed to be enjoyed for a year at the very least...

Edited by s00zster
  • Agree 4
6 hours ago, s00zster said:

The modes and features that made me fall in love with this game years ago have suffered due to the inclusion MyTeam in 2020 (a mode I thought I'd be playing the hell out of but can't seem to get into it for some odd reason) and further still with Braking Point, a mode which lasted me all of 2 days and once finished, became completely redundant. I have zero interest in it returning in the future. The effort & resources that went into it could've been instead used to make the core game better.

There are so many things not working properly with F1 2021 that could've been fixed had the resources not been wasted on Braking Point, causing a diluted experience overall. On top of this, it's hogging an extra 40GB of disk space which could be used for other things or, ideally, a better game. More realistic contract negotiations, sector by sector weather (a 10 year old game has a better weather system than 2021, bring it back!), other career mode filler, disappearance of classic cars and extra championship modes and other things that are hyped before release only to not work properly post-release.

And SORT OUT THE DRIVER AI PERFORMANCES! Sick to death of Bottas and Perez being unbeatable and Hamilton and Verstappen finishing further down, I've always said something appears to have been done backwards with this, my suspicions further peaked with the "fix" that was supposed to make the AI move over for you on an outlap - this wasn't actually broken in the first place, cars moved over for me with no problem and this "fix" broke it! Mind-boggling.

If it's announced for next year that Braking Point will be returning, my already shaken love for this game will be completely broken, as I'm sure all the hype and nonsense around it will again distract from making a fuller core game. If there are any scraps of paper with ideas for it laying around the Codemasters office, stick it all in a bin, burn it and never think of it again. PLEASE.

I'd also say the same about some of the childish rubbish that comes with Podium Pass. The direction the game has gone in the past couple of years has been steadily downward towards the teen demographic, for the "lols" and streaming/youtube content. The game's fast becoming diluted, childish tat - only a couple of years after there was a reassurance that the aim was to make the game more realistic.

I'll put it this way: There have been bug-fixes for Braking Point but none for certain other things that really matter. A mode which lasts only a couple of days and has no further effect on anything, compared to the rest of the game which is supposed to be enjoyed for a year at the very least...

Absolutely 100% agree. Well said

9 hours ago, s00zster said:

I agree. You’re absolutely 100% right! 

how about none?  It was a pointless mode to add and has done nothing but take away from the development of the core modes of the game that are important.  Not to mention it's consumed 3 save slots for some odd reason (what's the point in playing it more than once; its always the same story!) which has also ruined the way many play driver career and my team mode.

Id rather see the time used on the following instead of Braking Point 2:

- fixing the driver transfer system in career modes & including the option for players to have some control

- expanding My Team mode so it has a purpose beyond 3-4 seasons (so you dont just pile up cash and resource points you can't spend)

- Including F2 2022 drivers & cars AT LAUNCH this time; not 6 months later when they can't be used in driver career/my team

- fix online connection issues

- upgrade to a new engine; new enhanced visuals.

- bring back championship mode

- bring back classic cars/tracks

- eliminate the limit of save slots

The list could really go on forever; especially within the career modes. There is so much untapped potential there that hit a brick wall with BREAKING point being included.

Edited by petro1319
  • Agree 3
4 hours ago, petro1319 said:

how about none?  It was a pointless mode to add and has done nothing but take away from the development of the core modes of the game that are important.  Not to mention it's consumed 3 save slots for some odd reason (what's the point in playing it more than once; its always the same story!) which has also ruined the way many play driver career and my team mode.

Id rather see the time used on the following instead of Braking Point 2:

- fixing the driver transfer system in career modes & including the option for players to have some control

- expanding My Team mode so it has a purpose beyond 3-4 seasons (so you dont just pile up cash and resource points you can't spend)

- Including F2 2022 drivers & cars AT LAUNCH this time; not 6 months later when they can't be used in driver career/my team

- fix online connection issues

- upgrade to a new engine; new enhanced visuals.

- bring back championship mode

- bring back classic cars/tracks

- eliminate the limit of save slots

The list could really go on forever; especially within the career modes. There is so much untapped potential there that hit a brick wall with BREAKING point being included.

We Absolutely Need Classic Stuff to Come Back!!! It would be great to bring back tracks that are recent but won't be in next year's calendar: like Portugal, China, Hockenhiem (apologies if i spelled that wrong), Bahrain outer loop (because you just need to code a small section for a second layout), Turkey (because everyone wants it), Nurburgring, and/or Malaysia. I am not asking for all of these but a few of them would be great (especially the ones that are already modelled for this game engine).

Edited by EpiclySlowCars
  • Agree 1

I also hope there won't be a Part 2. It was ok to have it in and play it trough, but after these 5-6 hours right at the start at the game's cycle I've never touched it again. After that, I saw in which poor condition the game and especially the multiplayer was and still is with all the desync and connectvity issues and it was clear that the limited resources went into a mode with single replay value. Quite sad to see that actually.
Yes, you could argue "well, then double the resorces and make both", but you just can't take unlimited resources and still expect a product to be profitable, the company still needs to make money and a profit with a product. So yes, rather focus on all the things that have already been mentioned here, especially petro1319.
I personally would more love to see a wide track roster with all the tracks that have ever been on the game rather than some mode you only play once and never touch again.

I do think this is perhaps not the best forum medium to get enthusiasm for Braking Point as general feedback on here has been lukewarm at best.. 😂  Other places have had a more positive feedback though so the story will be progressing, I expect

I don't particularly have an opinion either way on its return.  It's not a mode designed for people like me but it brings in a different crowd which I think is good for the game.  If it sells 1million copies for a normal mycareer/myteam game and 1.2million games for a mycareer/myteam/braking point game then those 200k extra sales is more money that they can reinvest into the future.  That can't be harmful to the long-term future of the game.

However, the point that i'd like to add is that Braking Point part1 was 2 years in the making. So either it won't be in F1 2022 because they can't create a similar story in a single year and it'll be in F1 2023 instead... or they already started work on it a year ago and no amount of whining about it is going to stop it being included on next years game as they've already invested in it.

I'm personally hoping for a more expansive MyTeam experience next year and then Braking Point the year after and then something new for F1 2024.  So you have one year where general game experience is better (F12018 had the R&D tree and 2020 with MyTeam) and then the following year has a more story-based improvement (F1 19 with Butler/Weber/Driver Transfers and F1 2021 with Braking Point).   If they could get it so both could be improved at the same iteration, then amazing, but I think that's wishing upon a star. 

I have tried to play it more than once but a couple of chapters in I always come to the conclusion that it is a waste of time. I can not change the outcome by doing something different than I did the first play thru.

• Agree 1

I'd scrap the whole thing, lets face it who played the story mode more than once? I am only half way through and went back to Career mode, I'll probably finish it but its like the cut scenes in the career mode. Once you have seen them you want to skip. 

Get rid of Story mode and enhance the career modes and bring back classic cars

18 hours ago, TvRacinFan said:

I have tried to play it more than once but a couple of chapters in I always come to the conclusion that it is a waste of time. I can not change the outcome by doing something different than I did the first play thru.

Yep. It's just a series of challenges with cutscenes in between. It's linear and meaningless. If there are going to be challenges in the game, I'd rather they were where I'm playing as a real driver, past or present (like the challenges in F1 2012) and make the challenges based on real past scenarios, than a made-up character I have absolutely no connection to.

All I get the game for is the traditional career mode with the ability to customize my driver character, and the more realism and features for that, the better. Same for those who solely play multiplayer, they seem to have had a half-baked game this year. In the few multiplayer games I've attempted, it's been a nightmare.

As I've said before, the resources put into Braking Point could've been used for much better things, including releasing the game in a state where there weren't so many issues and omissions. There were a couple of moments post-2020's release when it was said that the pandemic made things harder for them, so that development perhaps couldn't have been as comprehensive as it normally would have been, so it also surprises me that they went ahead with Braking Point for 2021, feels like too much going on in a similar situation, especially where bugfixing is concerned. Also considering this seemed to be Codies attempt at turning the game more towards the FIFA crowd with a "journey" style story mode, it seemed to take priority over everything.

Just... no. Instead, take what you already had, fix it (stuff like being able to overtake the safety car to unlap, repeatedly requested for years and repeatedly denied by Codies that it would be too much work, despite it actually being made a thing for F1 2017 after a safety car bug forced them to code it in, took them 2 weeks) and then fill it with extra awesomeness. Use the money that was spent on outsourcing for the Braking Point CGI instead for more bugfixers, classic car and track licences (I know, tracks take a long time to make, this is all hypothetical) and just make an already good game better.

On top of this, separate from the game itself, it's frustrating to report bugs, and see others report bugs - proper reports, not "my game won't work" posts - and they get no attention, recognition or acknowledgment, it feels like there's not enough staff in the bug reports area of the forum, or that there never has been. Again, everything feels spread too thinly and there's not enough communication on top of this. I remember back in 2017 or 2018 that it was said there would be better communication from then on, and for a while it was better, but it just seems to have gone backwards now.

When you compare Codemasters, in charge of the official F1 licenced game, to Sports Interactive who make Football Manager, who can't get licencing for most of the teams kits in that, and compare the way their forums work, SI's forums have at any one time several devs and moderators hanging out and answering questions. When things are busy, there's a whole bunch of them and bug reports get relatively quick attention. And if the bug reports are even "my game won't work", instead of saying "sorry but you need to put it in this exact format" and then move on to something else, the dev will instead ask them what's wrong and figure out a fix and just be generally helpful, not disconnected like it feels here.

Edited by s00zster

Oh it's getting part 2, lol, it was 'well received' by the reviewers who spend 4/5 hours with the game all year, and uh, influencers who got content and clicks from it. 

I'd be amazed if it's not back as those are the metrics CM look to, not actual long time player interaction or feedback. 

I really hope the surrounding game has a lot more to offer then 21 but no doubt we're in for part 2 of this mess. 

Edited by KNT2011
22 hours ago, KNT2011 said:

Oh it's getting part 2, lol, it was 'well received' by the reviewers who spend 4/5 hours with the game all year, and uh, influencers who got content and clicks from it. 

I'd be amazed if it's not back as those are the metrics CM look to, not actual long time player interaction or feedback. 

I really hope the surrounding game has a lot more to offer then 21 but no doubt we're in for part 2 of this mess.

Yeah, personally i found it boring after the first chapter and spent the rest of my time getting errors in online play and getting rammed when it worked. Also had some fun playing homemade demolition derby in grand prix mode.

• Agree 1