Sign in to follow this  

Grid AutoSport arriving tomorrow PS3

My experience (as a long time driving game fan, 20 years, PC then PS3, Mac also but a little short on games)
GRID 1 for PS3 - was the best, most fun, driving game ive ever had for PS3. Was well balanced with skill needed, physics, right amount of realisium.
GRID 2 for PS3 - was... too arcady, just too much luck needed, graphics were ok. It just wasnt fun, a waste of money. Very disapointing but Codemasters have taking alot of stick for this game, and rightly too. Wasnt even that bothered about cockpitview, it was just not fun, probably got 5 hours out of it.
GRID AutoSport - If this isnt something as good as GRID 1 revamped, then I wont be buying a Codemasters game again without taking serious consideration on post realise reviews. Im not even asking for a major improvement over GRID 1 and how old it THAT game. Maybe they are just coding by numbers these days.

Grid1fan said:
was GRID 2 before GRID autosport?
yes it was the last Grid to be made before Grid Autosport but as you rightly said. 2 was somewhat arcadey. I still find it fun though. My main complaint with Grid 2 was career mode is simply just too short. It looks like Career mode is much better in Autosport. Can't comment too much on Autosport personally as I'm still waiting for my copy but I will get to play it eventually when the postman delivers 

Grid Autosport, after about 5 hours of playing it last night is even better than Grid 1 already... or at least will be if we get enough Touring Car Category C custom cups appearing online!  Great to have the classic circuits back from Grid 1 (a return for Nurburgring would be very welcome!) and racing against the AI is a real challenge now even on Medium (only based on the start of the career mode).  I used to play Istanbul Park 3-Lap race on Grid 1 on Very Hard and would give the AI a 10 second head start.  I'd always still win... even taking the lead after lap 2!  That's not possible anymore which will guarantee longevity with this title.  Very happy!