Jump to content Jump to content

Tyre Allocation

Why can't we use two sets of Hard compounds in races? I am using mods for realistic tyre wear and pit stop strategies and i am running %100 races. Some tracks AI and I need to use two sets of Hard tyres but there is only 1 set. So for example the AI makes the strategy like M-H-S-S instead of just doing M-H-H and this is ruining the realism.

8 hours ago, mendtofix said:

Why can't we use two sets of Hard compounds in races? I am using mods for realistic tyre wear and pit stop strategies and i am running %100 races. Some tracks AI and I need to use two sets of Hard tyres but there is only 1 set. So for example the AI makes the strategy like M-H-S-S instead of just doing M-H-H and this is ruining the realism.

Since season 21 pirelli gave the teams the same amount of tires for each race. Because of the pandamic the teams were not able to choose anymore how their tire setup should look like for the whole weekend. Thats why you have a given set of tires for training, qualifying and race. 

I miss it too, to set up my tire choices before starting the weekend. This was kind of a tactical part. 

Edited by DonBlanko
2 hours ago, DonBlanko said:

Since season 21 pirelli gave the teams the same amount of tires for each race. Because of the pandamic the teams were not able to choose anymore how their tire setup should look like for the whole weekend. Thats why you have a given set of tires for training, qualifying and race. 

I miss it too, to set up my tire choices before starting the weekend. This was kind of a tactical part. 

Thats the thing, they get the same allocation as we do but have free choice over when they use which tyre!

We dont have that choice, we are forced to use a hard in practice. Codemasters should simply remove that forced "practice tires" area, so we can just use another soft instead of the hard in practice if we want to.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
2 hours ago, Meza994 said:

Thats the thing, they get the same allocation as we do but have free choice over when they use which tyre!

We dont have that choice, we are forced to use a hard in practice. Codemasters should simply remove that forced "practice tires" area, so we can just use another soft instead of the hard in practice if we want to.

I totally agree! I didn't know that in real F1 they had the choice when to use the given amount of tires. If it is like that, we really should have that choice too!

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, DonBlanko said:

I totally agree! I didn't know that in real F1 they had the choice when to use the given amount of tires. If it is like that, we really should have that choice too!

In real F1 they also have to give back 2 sets of tires per practice session, but which tires these are is completely up to the teams, out of (i think) all of the available tires they got.