Jump to content Jump to content

More Data and statistics in F1 Games


Recommended Posts

I was sadly surprised after I noticed, that F1 21 has less data after practise programms (in coop mode) than the game before. The practise programms need these data for making them senseful for the driver too. I don't get why they reduced this that much. Especially the data for the race simulation programm could be so much more, because this takes an effect on the race strategy overall. 

Beneath that I miss a lot statistics we already have in the real F1 world. The most famous statistics are the driver comparisons. Everyone knows the comparisons in case of qualifying wins and race wins against the teammates. These easy making statistics would bring much more immersion, if you have this over the whole season. You could have a rival too, but your teammate is always a kind of rival which really should take effect for becoming a first driver of a team for example. 

And there are a lot more graphics, which are shown in TV. For sure, when I drive, I don't want to see this but in practise there should be much more information for us. Information about breaking points, corner speed, tire wear, tire heat in different corners, I mean.  If I remember that the only method to find out where my car is slower at the moment is to look at the sector times, then it is way too less information for a data based sport like F1. 

What do you think? Do you have more ideas / more statistics / more data which are needed and should be implimented in the game? 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DonBlanko said:

I was sadly surprised after I noticed, that F1 21 has less data after practise programms (in coop mode) than the game before. The practise programms need these data for making them senseful for the driver too. I don't get why they reduced this that much. Especially the data for the race simulation programm could be so much more, because this takes an effect on the race strategy overall. 

Beneath that I miss a lot statistics we already have in the real F1 world. The most famous statistics are the driver comparisons. Everyone knows the comparisons in case of qualifying wins and race wins against the teammates. These easy making statistics would bring much more immersion, if you have this over the whole season. You could have a rival too, but your teammate is always a kind of rival which really should take effect for becoming a first driver of a team for example. 

And there are a lot more graphics, which are shown in TV. For sure, when I drive, I don't want to see this but in practise there should be much more information for us. Information about breaking points, corner speed, tire wear, tire heat in different corners, I mean.  If I remember that the only method to find out where my car is slower at the moment is to look at the sector times, then it is way too less information for a data based sport like F1. 

What do you think? Do you have more ideas / more statistics / more data which are needed and should be implimented in the game? 

First they should bring back the information from pre 2021, also id like an easier way to see the top speed/speed trap of each car, preferably in the laptime screen. Cornering speed could be shown with a screen where it shows the track with numbered corners and you can select each corner and it will show you your speed (or what data you want to see, tyre wear is tough as its quite low anyway for one corner but its not bad!), ideally also for other drivers too, so you can select on the left which drivers speeds you wanna see, say your rival and can compare his cornering speeds (and top speed) with yours and decide whether you are fine with a top speed deficit in favor of better cornering speeds..

Definitely want my data back but also more options in the setup (tyre pressure, ERS mapping etc.)😛

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with both of you for the data to be brought back and more options in setup menus but also the engine temperature in MSD is a waste of time now, I only ever seen it blue In myteam now we only have one engine mode yet in real life you hear engineeers telling drivers engine temps are critical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Silverchris said:

Agree with both of you for the data to be brought back and more options in setup menus but also the engine temperature in MSD is a waste of time now, I only ever seen it blue In myteam now we only have one engine mode yet in real life you hear engineeers telling drivers engine temps are critical.

Why do you think that about the engine temperature? I noticed that driving right behind another car in dirty air makes the engine overheating.

Edited by DonBlanko
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Silverchris said:

Agree with both of you for the data to be brought back and more options in setup menus but also the engine temperature in MSD is a waste of time now, I only ever seen it blue In myteam now we only have one engine mode yet in real life you hear engineeers telling drivers engine temps are critical.

They tell them temps are critical because the engines overheat more likely in dirty air! Thats when the drivers tend to move out of the slipstream to cool down their engine (and brakes/tires).

I suggested a while ago setup changes which would allow more engine cooling but adding drag/reducing downforce and to make this reasonable increase engine heating in dirty air/with higher air temperatures so you have to adapt those things for every track.. However i doubt that we will see more impact of track and air temperatures as it requires quite a bit of AI training to make it not seem a complete waste (when the AI doesnt need to do anything as they do now with tyre temps)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2022 at 4:06 PM, DonBlanko said:

Why do you think that about the engine temperature? I noticed that driving right behind another car in dirty air makes the engine overheating.

Even driving in dirty air I not seen engine temps go up in myteam

Link to post
Share on other sites

They won’t put more data and stats in when it comes to AI as it’ll show just how much the game uses script.

codies have taken a leaf out off FIFA’s book not only does the script speed up the ai it also slows you down.  So it doesn’t seem so obvious when extreme rubberbanding is active in the last few laps.   Which wouldn’t be so bad but on tracks where ai is super fast And I’m just normal.   its ridiculous watching the delta and seeing a second per sectorcut out off a hard earned lead.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...