Jump to content Jump to content

I just wanted to say thank you, especially to Lee Mather


Recommended Posts

Can’t disagree with much you have said.  The fact is I’ve come to the realisation that the gameplay imbalances esp in career and myteam won’t be fixed.  And that ****** me off.

I’ve been for the first time in my life browsing YouTube.  And come across many regular YouTube gaming gurus that having nothing good to say on any game released this year.  All full off bugs etc.

Hate Developers and their ******** practices.  

 

 

Edited by ScaredDuck
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its simply the way the gaming industry has taken advantage of internet advertising and direct distribution during the past few years - if you do not like it, vote with your wallet and do not buy. Nothing else will work. They do not give a damn about our rants here, why should they. Besides, point me to a better, officially licensed F1 game? See...

Still, I have to agree that the 2021 iteration of this franchise has cut too many features, added useless ones, and too many aspects of the game are unfinished or broken. In its current state it should be disallowed to be called "official" and "multiplayer" if one is perfectly honest.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with most of what you say. The F1 Game series has definitely gone downhill (in terms of quality content) the last few years. It now seems very much like a “milk it for all we can” approach, as opposed to the obvious passion for F1 that shone through when 2010 was launched.

It’s a job for them, so i get it in a way, it’s just a shame that we don’t have someone at the helm anymore who’s passionate about bring fans a real F1 experience.

On a side note, it will be absolutely hilarious if CM advertise sprint races as a “shiny new feature” in F1 2022. I don’t think even they would have the nerve to do that given they just flat out ignored it in 2021 when it was actually introduced in F1!

Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont think they ignored adding the sprint races, they did have a lot of work to do in terms of adding 3 tracks which only got anounced in febuary last year plus the pointless braking point mode, i think if codies know which races will have the sprints again then it may be something they can add to f1 2022 assuming making miami and updating spain, australia & abu dhabi ( i dont think we will get an updated spa this year) doesnt eat into too much dev time i can see it being in the new game and of course it will be a new feature if it hasnt been in a game before 😂

Edited by cearp8858
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

best explanation for lazy codies is:

players = earth 

codies = Pluton 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

but we all know, they dont give a s#$% , what we want ... they live in their own world..but alot to "thank for " are youtubers..who advertise f1 2021 as a great game..which in my opinnion is 10000 times worse then f1 20 .

I dont see f1 22 will make any difference, it will be a bad game

BUT THATS JUST MY OPINNION, AND I RESPECT OTHER MINDS..WHO THINK DIFFERENTLY

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2022 at 10:17 PM, Schneehase said:

 if you do not like it, vote with your wallet and do not buy. 

That's the plan from no on onwards. Sadly I'm still a fan of the sport and there isn't any alternatives but hey, I can at least wait a few months and buy it from some online key seller for 10 bucks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem seems to lay with most aaa and as developers are now part off a larger cooperation. Which in itself wouldn’t be a problem. However, most are in two tier.  The bottom tier being the game developers who love gaming and strive to develop the best possible games they can.  

But then you have the top tier who call the shots have a background in business/finance etc and it’s their priority to keep shareholders happy by making maximum profits.  

And because off this they only want the developers designing games with the minimum amount off content etc where they can charge full price.

 a so call YouTube guru... upper echelon gamers says he has it on very good authority  that it’s common now, when games are close to release. Games are taken from the dev team and given to another department who’s sole job is go through the game and streamline it to meet minimum requirements and where possible to remove games modes/levels so they can be added later as part off a dlc.  I don’t know how true it is... but it wouldn’t surprise me

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScaredDuck said:

have a background in business/finance etc and it’s their priority to keep shareholders happy by making maximum profits

This sure is a core problem in the gaming industry in general (note: industry). Stockholders and shares do not go too well with extended development cycles, while the current distribution channels / models allow to collect a lot of income even from an unfinished / unpolished product. That can be tempting if you are under pressure as a company... Compare that to "early access" or crowdfunding e.g., where you knowingly spend your money on a "chance" so to speak. Its a bit more honest in its approach, though.

Long gone are the times, when a team of a few enthusiasts / gamers would program the best possible game over a year and release it only once they were satisfied with it. However, this problem is double sided: Crafting a game like the current Codemasters F1 games, plus developing them further, plus adding new content and managing its community is a huge task that many people will tend to underestimate by a lot. Besides you will need a very large investment in advance, you need a solid (solid in terms of business) financial background to develop such a titles / series. And where will this financial background come from? As said, its a double sided challenge.

Players get very lucky if everything worked out fine and the product is both decent and successful (business wise). Some companies manage to balance this well, but most of them only for a few years: just look back at the business stories of Origin ("we create worlds"), or Blizzard ("embrace your inner geek"). It seems that once these giants have formed, they have a strong tendancy to fall rather sooner than later.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Schneehase said:

This sure is a core problem in the gaming industry in general (note: industry). Stockholders and shares do not go too well with extended development cycles, while the current distribution channels / models allow to collect a lot of income even from an unfinished / unpolished product. That can be tempting if you are under pressure as a company... Compare that to "early access" or crowdfunding e.g., where you knowingly spend your money on a "chance" so to speak. Its a bit more honest in its approach, though.

Long gone are the times, when a team of a few enthusiasts / gamers would program the best possible game over a year and release it only once they were satisfied with it. However, this problem is double sided: Crafting a game like the current Codemasters F1 games, plus developing them further, plus adding new content and managing its community is a huge task that many people will tend to underestimate by a lot. Besides you will need a very large investment in advance, you need a solid (solid in terms of business) financial background to develop such a titles / series. And where will this financial background come from? As said, its a double sided challenge.

Players get very lucky if everything worked out fine and the product is both decent and successful (business wise). Some companies manage to balance this well, but most of them only for a few years: just look back at the business stories of Origin ("we create worlds"), or Blizzard ("embrace your inner geek"). It seems that once these giants have formed, they have a strong tendancy to fall rather sooner than later.

Home gaming crashed back in the days off the Atari consoles.  Was only young back then but from memory.  Everyone and their cat started releasing games.  With media nothing like it is today. When buying a game It was pot luck whether it was any good(by those days standards) and I remember people bought ET based solely on the film being great and trust Spielberg wouldn’t endorse anything pants... and the game was shockingly bad.

I hope maybe the industry just got carried away with what was acceptable.  And just needs its pendulum to swing back from money money money to developing and selling quality.  Now that the silent majority are starting to push back.   Just have to search gaming on you tube and even the extreme fan boy you tubers are demanding better from developers.  And now the industry have caught the eye off authorities with governments are now taking action on developers with  USA, Uk and euroland clamping on loot boxes.  The necessary government departments will be scrutinising why new games are always full off bugs..

Governments for all their faults will force the industry to change if and when it’s needed.  Unfortunately governments only do one speed that’s very slow 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@ScaredDuck it may lighten up your day to read about how some of the big dogs of the industry are dealing with the latest hot topics.

  • Actvision and the recent walkout and strike over the treatment of Quality Assurance – QA testers. More context;
    • Activision and a pay to win skin for their latest Call of Duty that literally makes players invisible. Two weeks and counting, I think?
  • EA blaming their arguably flopped latest Battlefield release on players for getting their expectations too high
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, marioho said:

@ScaredDuck it may lighten up your day to read about how some of the big dogs of the industry are dealing with the latest hot topics.

  • Actvision and the recent walkout and strike over the treatment of Quality Assurance – QA testers. More context;
    • Activision and a pay to win skin for their latest Call of Duty that literally makes players invisible. Two weeks and counting, I think?
  • EA blaming their arguably flopped latest Battlefield release on players for getting their expectations too high

Yeah I saw the activision walkout.

apparently so many  developers are leaving Ubisoft it’s been dumbed as the exodus. Apparently very unhappy at being forced to shoehorn in Ubisoft new money milking operation into all upcoming games.

missed you dude😁😍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

Surprised so many are still knocking around here. 

Game is a joke and outstayed any welcome it had months ago. 

I have nowhere else to go 😟😢

Plus ive still got 30k pitcoin I need to spend before the 22 is released as I dare say I won’t be allowed to carry it over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KNT2011 said:

Surprised so many are still knocking around here. 

Game is a joke and outstayed any welcome it had months ago. 

The game isn't just for people that like games that work , its for people who like complaining and wasting their time on forums talking to virtual brick walls  . If you want a game that works there are other titles that are available

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

I have nowhere else to go 😟😢

Plus ive still got 30k pitcoin I need to spend before the 22 is released as I dare say I won’t be allowed to carry it over. 

Hello Dude , all the best for the coming  Stealth taxation period. Regards Bingo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Exasperated said:

The game isn't just for people that like games that work , its for people who like complaining and wasting their time on forums talking to virtual brick walls  . If you want a game that works there are other titles that are available

 

Are you sure about that?  From what I can gather every aaa and aa game released in the last year or so is riddled with bugs or just broke. 

Obviously if you mean games released over a year ago then yes there are working  games available.  However I suggest a ps3 era title to be sure

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ScaredDuck said:

Are you sure about that?  From what I can gather every aaa and aa game released in the last year or so is riddled with bugs or just broke. 

Obviously if you mean games released over a year ago then yes there are working  games available.  However I suggest a ps3 era title to be sure

Yes you're right that's why they keep remastering all the old stuff and re selling it because they know that most of it works & its tried and tested . What I can't understand is how 'New'  'Improved ' technology is so much worse than the old stuff , and the makers of said stuff think that people buying it wont notice. Things are getting worse , How are we going to live on Mars now ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also still think cricket 22 needs a few more months to iron out it’s bugs before buyi

1 minute ago, Exasperated said:

Yes you're right that's why they keep remastering all the old stuff and re selling it because they know that most of it works & its tried and tested . What I can't understand is how 'New'  'Improved ' technology is so much worse than the old stuff , and the makers of said stuff think that people buying it wont notice. Things are getting worse , How are we going to live on Mars now ?

Only game I really want is cricket 22 but I think it still needs a few more months to fix all the bugs.

but I’m not upset about that as cricket 22 is developed by a small Aussie studio. they generally nail  the gameplay. Which is imo most important.  

Its normally graphical issues and time progression and pitch wear they struggle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScaredDuck said:

Also still think cricket 22 needs a few more months to iron out it’s bugs before buyi

Only game I really want is cricket 22 but I think it still needs a few more months to fix all the bugs.

but I’m not upset about that as cricket 22 is developed by a small Aussie studio. they generally nail  the gameplay. Which is imo most important.  

Its normally graphical issues and time progression and pitch wear they struggle.

Hope you get what you want , I got what I wanted in WRC 10 , totally excellent job they made of this to my expectation level , much joy experienced and already got me moneys worth ten times over.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to say it, but F1 2021 is my least favourite F1 game in years. I don’t know if it’s Covid that really hampered what they intended to do with the game, or the decision to delay the new regulations in the real F1 that put their development plans up in the air, …but despite the solid progression in terms of features and content that grew year on year since F1 2016, F1 2021 just feels strangely stagnant.
 

I know it’s missing the classic cars from the earlier games, but it’s not just that that puts me off. The Braking Point story mode for me just feels jarring with the pre rendered cut scenes not working alongside the in-game footage and gameplay. There’s also the obvious graphical and visual glitches that have been left abandoned with no improvements since the games release (shadow spots on tyres, broken non existent motion blur, lighting bug when entering the tunnel at Monaco etc), plus blatantly broken manual downshifting with the 2020 F2 cars in the game, … and most importantly, a MyTeam car that is undrivable out the box due to the excessive under-steer with the games handling model.

It has some positives, some aspects are clearly improved, the track visuals and details, think it’s amazing they added 3 new tracks to the game in just a few months (1 of which hadn't even been built in real life), plus love that they got Ian Livingstone back to do the games music. 

But as a complete package the game just feels rushed, under-developed and stale.  Now the real season is over I struggle to find any enjoyment or enthusiasm to play it, and when I do I tend to grow tired of it pretty quickly, something I didn’t have with earlier F1 games. I really hope F1 2022 with the new regulations gives us a much needed overhaul and fresh coat of paint rather than just a few sloppy touch ups like we had with F1 2021. 
 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stephensmattlee said:

Hate to say it, but F1 2021 is my least favourite F1 game in years. I don’t know if it’s Covid that really hampered what they intended to do with the game, or the decision to delay the new regulations in the real F1 that put their development plans up in the air, …but despite the solid progression in terms of features and content that grew year on year since F1 2016, F1 2021 just feels strangely stagnant.
 

I know it’s missing the classic cars from the earlier games, but it’s not just that that puts me off. The Braking Point story mode for me just feels jarring with the pre rendered cut scenes not working alongside the in-game footage and gameplay. There’s also the obvious graphical and visual glitches that have been left abandoned with no improvements since the games release (shadow spots on tyres, broken non existent motion blur, lighting bug when entering the tunnel at Monaco etc), plus blatantly broken manual downshifting with the 2020 F2 cars in the game, … and most importantly, a MyTeam car that is undrivable out the box due to the excessive under-steer with the games handling model.

It has some positives, some aspects are clearly improved, the track visuals and details, think it’s amazing they added 3 new tracks to the game in just a few months (1 of which hadn't even been built in real life), plus love that they got Ian Livingstone back to do the games music. 

But as a complete package the game just feels rushed, under-developed and stale.  Now the real season is over I struggle to find any enjoyment or enthusiasm to play it, and when I do I tend to grow tired of it pretty quickly, something I didn’t have with earlier F1 games. I really hope F1 2022 with the new regulations gives us a much needed overhaul and fresh coat of paint rather than just a few sloppy touch ups like we had with F1 2021. 
 

I get codemasters have faced serious challenges this year and have posted numerous posts defending them.

However code masters are known for specialising in making genre leading race sim/games with over 30 years experience behind them. No other racing sim developer can match that.

So when it comes to graphical isssues or not being able to make changes to tracks like Australia etc and not having the time to finish and include the dlc tracks when the game was released. All that I can live with: But what I expect codemasters to have no issue with. Is super shiny well polished gameplay and balanced game modes.  But they couldn’t even give us what is bread and butter to them.  And  even more bizarre gameplay and games modes are getting worse after every new update.  

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2022 at 8:58 PM, ScaredDuck said:

Can’t disagree with much you have said.  The fact is I’ve come to the realisation that the gameplay imbalances esp in career and myteam won’t be fixed.  And that ****** me off.

I’ve been for the first time in my life browsing YouTube.  And come across many regular YouTube gaming gurus that having nothing good to say on any game released this year.  All full off bugs etc.

Hate Developers and their ******** practices.  

 

 

@BarryBL Sorry not much sleep lots off vodka and just a phone for company.  Am actually really embarrassed off some, most, all off my posts.  

Sorry if a caused offence to anyone.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Just now, ScaredDuck said:

@BarryBL Sorry not much sleep lots off vodka and just a phone for company.  Am actually really embarrassed off some, most, all off my posts.  

Sorry if a caused offence to anyone.  

No worries @ScaredDuck, was surprised to see your name on this one. 

Allowed to vent your opinion, but please refrain from swearing. Haven't offended me, just have to make sure the space is safe for everyone 👍

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

No worries @ScaredDuck, was surprised to see your name on this one. 

Allowed to vent your opinion, but please refrain from swearing. Haven't offended me, just have to make sure the space is safe for everyone 👍

Vodka catches out the very best off people and very occasionally it makes an idiot off living gods like myself😁

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...