Sign in to follow this  

2000s - anomaly with C4?

Is it just me? The C4 has considerable power advantage over both the 2001 Focus and Impreza yet I can't approach my times set with the older cars.

Comments?

Gearing is way different than the 01 focus and I feel like you need a bit more finesse with it through the corners because its not as agile as the focus. 

I've only tried in Finland so far, but times I set with the '01 Focus I can't match with the Fiesta, the newer Focus, or the C4. With the '07 Focus I've only changed the gears and the C4 I don't think I changed anything. With the Fiesta though, I thought I had a decent setup, that's actually been the slowest car for me out of the bunch.

I believe the C4 was an active diff car, so should have an advantage on twisty or slippy stages.  Finland is pretty straight & flowing, so diffs shouldn't be as important as you should rarely be out of 5th/6th gear

Despite its 315bhp I find it a bit clumsy. I can change direction and make better moves with both Focus.

I find the 2007 Focus the fastest, with difference, now. specially if you short enough the gearbox (around 210km/h max speed) you will find a very very fast car on track.

i lke the way c4 drives, not so much the car shape        i found it very good in greece and wales

15 more horse powers while a little bit more mass.
IMHO it required (at least for me) 30-45 minutes of setup (default one's really screwed up) - now it's my favorite 2000's.
It's the only car besides Subaru 1995 that I've managed to get into top 10 (it could be subjective as I may progress with skills and stages memorization).

The 2001 cars were aloud Active Differentials (allover), ABS, Traction Control and  Active Anti Roll/Suspension. The 2007 cars only had a Center Active Differential, LSD Front/Rear and no electronic driver aids. They only improvements made from 2001 to 2007 would have been to the engines, gearboxes, aero, etc. So realistically the 2001 cars should handle better but the 2007 cars should have the power and torque advantage. 

My '07 Focus suspension is unreal, but for fun factor, the '01 car kicks it's ass!!

focus is super easy to drive.was gunna do sweet lamb in c4 see how fast it is but beer time so tomorrow :D

dgeesi0 said:
focus is super easy to drive.was gunna do sweet lamb in c4 see how fast it is but beer time so tomorrow :D
Drives a lot better if you shorten the gears a tad for sweetlamb fyi

hehe short gears do work better but god damn dont short shift because the amount of shizzle i get about it and why is amazing :D.

well had a few runs with focus on sweet lamb and C4 i personally can set better times with the 2001 subaru.the c4 has terrible body roll and on some fast runs on the last sweeping bend i rolled it a few times before doing a couple of nice runs.

so i would still say rs focus and subaru are better.rampage has quickest time at moment with a rs focus.