Jump to content Jump to content

Just my thoughts of what I'd like to see in the next game-

1- Reintroduction of team offers

Since 2018 you have been able to negotiate with teams for contracts, but no long are able to receive a contract, other than to renegotiate with your current team, I feel in some cases a team should offer you a contract first instead of you searching teams for one.

2- Engine modes before qualifying

Before the start of qualifying (aka, the start of parc fereme) there should be an option where you choose your engine mode for qualifying and for the race, which is then locked in due to parc fereme. Maybe 5 options, 1 being low power, but low fuel consumption and less engine wear, and 5 being maximum power, but heavy fuel consumption and more engine wear.

3- More sophisticated ERS

In F1 2020 and 2021, the ERS is in constant deployment, however this is unrealistic. In real F1, you'll see the cars rear lights starting to flash even before a long braking zone, since near long braking zones and in hard to overtake areas the ERS system is reduced in power and starts harvesting instead of constantly deploying, but in the F1 games the ERS is constantly deploying, and the rear lights only flash when under 10% or in rainy conditions. It'd be nice if it could adopt a more realistic approach where it could harvest in areas.

4- Better damage indicator

The damage indicator in F1 2021 has been useless, multiple times we've seen small taps on the front wing which cause slight damage but causes significant understeer, however on the MFD, the damage display will show there is no damage, you only know by feeling it or asking the engineer.

5- More accurate pit prediction

In the MFD on the 2nd page, it tells you a rough estimate of where you will appear if you were to box. It's not really that useful. I think it should be given an upgrade, instead of telling you where you come out, it should tell you where you come out and a rough estimate of how far the cars would be in front and behind you. That way it would be easier to know whether to take an undercut, so you know if you'd appear in traffic or not.

6- Refined damage model

Sort of in-tune with the last point, the damage models needs some work. It just isn't sensitive enough, if you get hit on the side you could receive no damage to the floor or sidepods even on the simulation setting. As well as this, in the first round of PSGL on F1 2021, Jarno Opmeer was hit at the rear of his car, after the car in front spun. The front wing of the spinning car hit right on Jarno's left rear tyre, but he received no damage. No puncture, no damaged suspension and no floor damage. The damage model just needs some more accuracy, and stuff like punctures from contact should be more common.

7- Better liveries

Since about 2019 some of the liveries have been a bit off. The Redbull since 2019 has always looked strange, in F1 2019 it was way too royal blue, in F1 2020 it was still an issue but getting better. And this game it's just too gray, its too light in sunny conditions. The car looks perfect when in a night race, but when in the day light, it just looks wrong and incorrect. And the Mercedes this year is just wrong, Its gray. There's no other way of putting it, it is just gray. Again in the night it looks great, but in the day light it is just gray, not the black on the real car. I have seen mods which fix both these issues, but single people doing it just out of passion for the game. How can a single person get it right, but not an entire company, making an official game.

8- Launching in a better state

I preorded F1 2020, and since then I have decided never to preorder a game ever again, F1 2020 came out as a buggy mess with features missing, I did league races where I was kicked due to a connection problem, rejoined the race, but for some reason the starting lights, to show when you gained control, were missing so I didn't know when I was back in control and crashed, then had to suffer the game lagging at about 12fps due to a bug when rejoining a session. By the end of the game's life cycle most issues were fixed and it's perfectly decent. Then F1 2021 launched to the same issues, just buggy and unoptimized. Since I didn't want to buy the game, I tried it on a free weekend on a steam, and it was unbearable. I have a decent PC, with an I7-10700F cpu, and a Nvidia RTX 2060 which work perfectly. I can play a high demanding game like Red dead redemption 2, and have no issues. But playing the F1 game, even on minimum graphics settings and I get worse fps then red dead, AND it runs my pc about 10 degrees hotter. Less fps and running my components hotter and harder then an extremely detailed and great looking game like red dead, when the F1 2021 game looks nowhere near as nice, and doesn't even have to deal with rendering an open world is just astounding.

I know some of the later points may be picking holes in the game, but these are still real issues and ones which I just don't think are right. I'm not here just to speak **** about the game, me like many others just want this to be a good game. A good game, which we can call good with no exceptions being made.

Edited by _vickolous_
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Hi. I'm new to the forum, just to give some suggestions for what I would also want in F1 2022 as I've skipped 2021 altogether.

On 1/9/2022 at 1:25 AM, _vickolous_ said:

2- Engine modes before qualifying

Before the start of qualifying (aka, the start of parc fereme) there should be an option where you choose your engine mode for qualifying and for the race, which is then locked in due to parc fereme. Maybe 5 options, 1 being low power, but low fuel consumption and less engine wear, and 5 being maximum power, but heavy fuel consumption and more engine wear.

This is exactly what I came to say. Since in real life, teams also have to choose the engine mapping they wish to run and have to compromised between high power, high fuel consumption and low durability and low power, low fuel consumption and higher durability. I believe a simple 5 option like you've stated is more than sufficient as options.

3- More sophisticated ERS

In F1 2020 and 2021, the ERS is in constant deployment, however this is unrealistic. In real F1, you'll see the cars rear lights starting to flash even before a long braking zone, since near long braking zones and in hard to overtake areas the ERS system is reduced in power and starts harvesting instead of constantly deploying, but in the F1 games the ERS is constantly deploying, and the rear lights only flash when under 10% or in rainy conditions. It'd be nice if it could adopt a more realistic approach where it could harvest in areas.

I agree. On 2020, I find it either too easy to drain the battery or too hard to use up the battery as we pile on the upgrades. I believe the first step to solving this is likely having a much better deployment method such that its neither too easy nor too hard to drain the battery. Then can they move to better mimic deployment and harvesting like IRL.

6- Refined damage model

Sort of in-tune with the last point, the damage models needs some work. It just isn't sensitive enough, if you get hit on the side you could receive no damage to the floor or sidepods even on the simulation setting. As well as this, in the first round of PSGL on F1 2021, Jarno Opmeer was hit at the rear of his car, after the car in front spun. The front wing of the spinning car hit right on Jarno's left rear tyre, but he received no damage. No puncture, no damaged suspension and no floor damage. The damage model just needs some more accuracy, and stuff like punctures from contact should be more common.

Would absolutely love this. Having more realistic damage modeling, one that could potentially reflect even minor damages. But alas, it may be too much for Codies to handle. One can dream though.

• Agree 1

my opinnion:

POWER UNIT OPTIONS

- ICE - I would stick with 3 modes to chose for parc Ferme

1. low - standard - high 

LOW: still competitive , but using 85% of ICE , low engine wear

STANDARD: very competitive, but using 90-95 % ICE, 3-7% wear, 4-5 races life of engine

HIGH: ultra power competitive, using 100% ICE, 10-15% engine wear, 2-3 races life span ( timetrial would automaticly have that mode since there are perfect conditions)

- ERS - 

1. no deploy 0%

2. standard deploy ( going, lap after lap without hitting under 70% electric use, useful for recovering the battery power  )

3. attack mode ( going , 5 - 6 laps till battery hits under 40% , useful for race starts and at last laps of gran prix, )

4. Manual attack mode " overtake " ( same as the games already have , draining battery)

5. hotlap ( here is the catch, player should Manual adjust where ers should work hard in 1 lap , ers mapping over 1 Q LAP ) - it would be interesting to see in timetrials where pros need battery the most over 1 lap, some would take it on straights, some exiting the corners..TT would get meaning again.

Edited by Marko4455
  • Agree 1
19 hours ago, Blackbird said:

I'd want all new tracks are completed by release.

for the 2022 season miami is being added, but spain, abu dhabi and australia all have to be updated to the latest layout. while spain isnt a large change, abu dhabi and notably australia are 2 quite large layout changes, so it could be likely we have some more delays in track updates

18 hours ago, Marko4455 said:

my opinnion:

POWER UNIT OPTIONS

- ICE - I would stick with 3 modes to chose for parc Ferme

1. low - standard - high 

LOW: still competitive , but using 85% of ICE , low engine wear

STANDARD: very competitive, but using 90-95 % ICE, 3-7% wear, 4-5 races life of engine

HIGH: ultra power competitive, using 100% ICE, 10-15% engine wear, 2-3 races life span ( timetrial would automaticly have that mode since there are perfect conditions)

- ERS - 

1. no deploy 0%

2. standard deploy ( going, lap after lap without hitting under 70% electric use, useful for recovering the battery power  )

3. attack mode ( going , 5 - 6 laps till battery hits under 40% , useful for race starts and at last laps of gran prix, )

4. Manual attack mode " overtake " ( same as the games already have , draining battery)

5. hotlap ( here is the catch, player should Manual adjust where ers should work hard in 1 lap , ers mapping over 1 Q LAP ) - it would be interesting to see in timetrials where pros need battery the most over 1 lap, some would take it on straights, some exiting the corners..TT would get meaning again.

so you're thinking of an iracing style ers model? sounds good, i like it. irl they usually just stick to one soc (state of charge, just manages how the ers is deployed) and use the overtake for a boost. but the f1 game style for deploying energy isnt too realistic 

Would love to see a 75% race distance added as 50% doesn't feel quite long enough but few of us have time to race 100% GPs

Also red flags and an increasing R&D for my team so its constant over the career rather than everyone maxing out by year 4 or 5.

On 1/13/2022 at 12:48 AM, _vickolous_ said:

for the 2022 season miami is being added, but spain, abu dhabi and australia all have to be updated to the latest layout. while spain isnt a large change, abu dhabi and notably australia are 2 quite large layout changes, so it could be likely we have some more delays in track updates

codies did say that teh updated layouts for spain, abu dhabi and australia would be in f1 2022 so i woudl assume with how lng it's been since these were compleated they should be in from day 0, miami also should be in from day 0 considering the layout has be known and shown for a year or 2 at this point plus is only 1 new track this year.

at the moment spa is having massive renovations to run off areas and re profiling of some corners and this i doubt will be updated in f1 2022

if we are using this post to to post our wishes for f1 2022 then mine are as follows

1- ensure taht all wheels and controllers work as intended for day 0, no bugs, no ffb loss just have it nailed down and working correctly.

2- DEDICATED SERVERS FOR ONLINE, for casual ranked races keep these peer to peer but for those who run and organise leagues then let us have servers and if they work correctly allow us to rent them and configure them how we want for rules etc. if we have to continue with peer to peer then we really need a big overhaul and rework of online as a lot of leagues especially are stuggling because people cant stand the desync and bugs with online.

3- all tracks with correct layouts from the original season calendar at launch, i know 2021 portimao was anounced late but missing 3 tracks from the game really killed career and my team mode for me.

4- telemetry screens in practise & quallyfying sessions, let us have telemetry for stearing input, throttle and brake application, gear choice corner speed and speed trap data and allow us to compare it to our team mates, we have 3rd party programs that utilise udp data to do this but it would be nice to have it in the screens in the garage so we can see where we are slower or faster.

5- expanded ers modes/mapping - mentioned here but utilise what iracing have done with with limited number of mode changes per lap 

6- kerbs, please dont make the kerbs a risk vs reward thing let the racing be that, if drivers can use kerbs with next to no repucusions irl then we should be able to use them too 

7- some additional race distances, i know that 35% and 75% distances have

8- for my team mode give us a choice of diffrent nose/wing/barge board styles

9- replay system, improve it by giving us ability to swap between other drivers

• Agree 1

Figured I'd add the feedback for my 10 person group playing. 

In addition to some of the great feedback here, these are some things we'd love to see:

• Ability to report / flag drivers who are verbally abusive or drive dirty. This really needs to be nailed down; there has to be a way to punish poor behavior. 
  • Safety Cars and "official" FIA messaging are frequently buggy and can really ruin a race.
  • We need detailed statistics in League Play, I don't like having to pay for a third party subscription to see details that the game already captures. Please give us a stats screen race to race that shows the details for the drivers in the league. 
  • Teams options. I'm running a 10 driver league with 5 teams of 2; it would be great to get some built in functionality for this and an ability to easily share customizations and liveries between. 
  • We have some friends who aren't interested in driving but would be interested in administrating our hilariously bad league play; would be awesome (and a huge stretch) to  have the ability for a PLAYER race director type person who can investigate incidents and assign / reassign penalties in race. 
  • "Full Replay" only showing the POV of the person saving the replay is a poor decision in everyone's opinion. We need to be able to switch between all drivers, as we like to review races for out of game penalties (Such as: you have to chug a beer on camera before your race for certain infractions)
  • Liveries. Dear lord Liveries. I understand that EA is involved now so there has to be some MTX in the game, but please let us customize placement of sponsor decals, or make custom decals and sponsors. If you're worried about infringing content put a word filter on the text and allow people to report offensive liveries. The super stringent restrictions on liveries are not fun. 
  • Kerb consistency. 
  • Player Car / Livery: Allow us to choose from some different template cars, even if we're racing on "equal" just allow us to maybe pick the chassis from X team and customize it the way we want versus having one visually homogeneous chassis / engine for everyone.