Jump to content Jump to content

AI teammates in career mode are useless


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, I am racing in career mode for Mclaren and my teammate is Ricciardo. The car is currently rated as the 3rd/4th best car on the grid but Daniel struggles to finish more than 9th during races and this hurts for the constructor championship hunt. The issue seems related to driver focus which is low and I have no idea to fix the problem...are Codemasters aware of this issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes codemasters are aware and won’t do anything to fix it.

in career and myteam all the over teams drivers 1st and 2nd get the benefit off 2nd driver boosts as all the top teams start with spec 2 facilities.  I don’t play player career so I’m not sure what 2nd driver facilities McLaren start with and if your able to upgrade them. For each section in 2nd driver are  race, experience, racecraft/awareness with Spec 1 = +5. Spec 2 = +10 and spec 3 +15.  Although all drivers max out at 100.  The important one for you to upgrade to spec three is racecraft/awareness even if your second driver has already maxed out with spec 2.  Spec3 will give your teammate a decent focus boost. 

Sorry hope that makes sense... I’m very slightly drunk 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@ScaredDuck is the man for long career games. I take for gospel whatever he says. At this point in the development cycle of the franchise, with focus most definitely placed on F1 2022 already, I wouldn't hold my hopes high for a fix.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScaredDuck said:

Yes codemasters are aware and won’t do anything to fix it.

in career and myteam all the over teams drivers 1st and 2nd get the benefit off 2nd driver boosts as all the top teams start with spec 2 facilities.  I don’t play player career so I’m not sure what 2nd driver facilities McLaren start with and if your able to upgrade them. For each section in 2nd driver are  race, experience, racecraft/awareness with Spec 1 = +5. Spec 2 = +10 and spec 3 +15.  Although all drivers max out at 100.  The important one for you to upgrade to spec three is racecraft/awareness even if your second driver has already maxed out with spec 2.  Spec3 will give your teammate a decent focus boost. 

Sorry hope that makes sense... I’m very slightly drunk 

Ok thanks for the suggestion. The option doesn't seem to be available in career which is disappointing to be honest. They added a broken feature, I mean real drivers have some bad moments in real life but they are not slow all season long...

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frds3 said:

Ok thanks for the suggestion. The option doesn't seem to be available in career which is disappointing to be honest. They added a broken feature, I mean real drivers have some bad moments in real life but they are not slow all season long...

Also you can try letting your teammate beat you if the opportunity presents itself.  Then praising them in post race press interview will also help boost his focus.  

I set the ai difficulty so I lap  relatively the same times as my teammate when My teammate has 100 pace.  For most races we finish within a few seconds off each other. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2022 at 10:58 PM, Badmayhem said:

If your car is a 4th place car then 9th isn't all that bad.

I figure my car rank times 2 for teammates best position...not perfect but close enough.

Get a 1st place car and he will get better.

Yeah but we are talking about Ricciardo, not some F2 driver. He should beat Alpha Tauri and challenge Ferraris every weekend. His starting position should be 6th-7th every weekend

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, frds3 said:

Yeah but we are talking about Ricciardo, not some F2 driver. He should beat Alpha Tauri and challenge Ferraris every weekend. His starting position should be 6th-7th every weekend

They changed the driver stats today....might help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...