Jump to content Jump to content

game sound broken on speakers however works fine through headset

hi all,

iv recently purchased F1 2021 for my son to try and remove him from the dreaded fortnite binges he has however upon installation and loading of the game for the first time and subsequently every time since we have been unable to get the game sound to work through his normal monitor speakers, all that can be heard is crackles and broken sound, no actual words or music can be heard, however if we plug in his headset the sound is absolutely fine, i have tried updating all drivers, reinstalling game, turning off spatial sound, all basic things i could think of but have been unable to rectify this issue.

is this a known fault or is there something simple i am missing? any help would be gratefully received.

steve

hi all,

iv recently purchased F1 2021 for my son to try and remove him from the dreaded fortnite binges he has however upon installation and loading of the game for the first time and subsequently every time since we have been unable to get the game sound to work through his normal monitor speakers, all that can be heard is crackles and broken sound, no actual words or music can be heard, however if we plug in his headset the sound is absolutely fine, i have tried updating all drivers, reinstalling game, turning off spatial sound, all basic things i could think of but have been unable to rectify this issue.

is this a known fault or is there something simple i am missing? any help would be gratefully received.

steve

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, InteRFallN said:

apologies, yes running through steam on pc.

Can you send me a screenshot of your current Audio settings. I suspect it is something in here:

1134570_20220105111856_1.png

As I only got crackled sound on my ps5 speaker. From race engineer that links it to radio virtuosity.  So may be worth seeing if turning it off has any effect 

Also if it’s possible you could try connecting pc through a compatible tv 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, InteRFallN said:

just to reiterate i get no sound whatsoever other than crackles. if played around with all settings to no fix, currently all sound is fine through headphones but as soon as they are unplugged back to crackles.

This may help: How to Fix Crackling or Popping Sound on a Windows PC (howtogeek.com)

From a game side, you may want to validate your steam files to backup your integrity of install. I do think this is potentially a audio speaker related issue here. 

Sorry off topic.. I thought My 12 year old daughter didn’t inherit my gaming gene.   Which. Isn’t a bad thing.  But would have been nice to be able to share an interest.  

But she found Fortnite and she absolutely killing it so on one hand happy she’s now a gamer but on the other she’s constantly playing it.   And now it’s created a monster.   Even when I offer to take her on a shopping spree she still rather play that game and what makes it worse it’s about the only game I hate with passion.

when I was 12 if I was indoors it was because I was grounded.  

thanks @ScaredDuck tested the connect to compatible TV idea which has semi fixed the issue. once i connect to the tv the game sound obviously plays through TV however once i disconnect the TV the game sound plays through my monitor speakers however i did say semi fixed, if i close the software for whatever reason as soon as i go back into the game the sound has stopped again!!

this has me stumped!!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, InteRFallN said:

thanks @ScaredDuck tested the connect to compatible TV idea which has semi fixed the issue. once i connect to the tv the game sound obviously plays through TV however once i disconnect the TV the game sound plays through my monitor speakers however i did say semi fixed, if i close the software for whatever reason as soon as i go back into the game the sound has stopped again!!

this has me stumped!!

is it potentially a monitor speakers issue then? Seems strange this one, I must admit. 

@BarryBLIs it related to the problem a lot of us still have where Jeff should come through the headphones but whatever option we try to select he comes through the middle channel on the speakers? Always been an issue right from release, works perfectly in F1 2019 and 2020. There was a bug report already for it, just wondering if all these audio issues could be related

1 hour ago, InteRFallN said:

it would seem its something to do with the monitor to speaker issue but only presents itself on f1 game which is annoying. guess im gonna spend umpteen hours looking at this and im no tech guru

Same here but I hate when something stumps me.  Esp as I suffer from extreme insomnia.  Being stumped by something will play on my mind which means zero sleep.  So I leave no stone unturned and literally don’t rest until I find a solution. Which as I’m no tech guru. All my solutions are work arounds I find by trying every setting and variation etc etc. As your current  issue is one off those that seem straightforward and most probably a simple fix.  But it’ll be like a needle in a haystack.