Jump to content Jump to content

PC - F1 2021 - Random game crashes with ego dumper code

Hi team,

I'm desperate. My game keeps crashing randomly and the sole hint that I get is the ego dumper crash code.

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • I cannot tell a lot about it. It happens when I'm on track. In the menu everything is fine.
    • It doesn't matter which game mode. It happens in every mode..trial, league races, GP races, online ranked & unranked.
    • Sometimes I can drive 3h without a crash, sometimes it crashes 3 times within 5 minutes.
    • First the game freezes, then I can still see the frozen F1 screen and the ego dumper pops up.
    • I do not have any issues with any other games. I never had issues with any other F1 game. I also never had issues with F1 2021, it was running perfectly fine until the patch was released where Portimao was introduced.
  • Report Code
    • I'll attach it below.
  • Platform?
    • Steam
    • RTX 2080
    • I7-9700k
    • 32GB RAM
  • Game-mode?
    • Any
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    • Yes, also happens online but actually it doesn't matter
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    • Yes, it also happens when I'm hosting.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • I completely replaced the RAM as I thought that could have caused an issue
    • I tried different graphic settings within the game but also outside in the NVidia system controls.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    • Unfortunately, no. But maybe I can record a session.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • Launch game
    • Start any mode
    • Drive until it crashes. That's all I can tell.
  • [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.
    • MB: Gigabyte Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

DxDiag.txt EGO Dumper.txt

Edited by ErpelHaze
  • ErpelHaze changed the title to PC - F1 2021 - Random game crashes with ego dumper code

Yeah, just attach the file output and remove the EGO dumper text.

Notepad (or A N Other Text Editor) is better to work with and can be saved. Copy / paste is not. The text editor may mess with it as not everyone pastes plain text. 

1 hour ago, ErpelHaze said:

UEFI v1.C2Beta (only difference to last v1.B2 version is newer CPU microcode 0xEA over 0xDE - better, but still not newest (0xEC) and PTT setting is probably only default 'Enabled' rather than 'Disabled' - fulfilling TPM 2.0 requirement for W11, all OROMs are the same).

You should be able to update the chipset driver via Windows Update | Optional Updates | Driver

DDU the driver in Safe Mode and Clean install, don't set any options in the NVCPL or GFE. Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml before playing.

Alright, unfortunately it didn't help. I had 5 other crashes in my 6h session yesterday. It crashed right at the first start, then it ran for 3h straight, than I had 2 more crashes, one during an online Qualy and one during an online race.

This time I managed to catch it, please see it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BUqzZMzqF-YLGFu9cVYmnuGmiWv14PDl/view?usp=sharing

I also attached an EGO Damper file (and removed it from my post above).

Actions performed so far:

- Clean GPU driver install

- Updated chipset drivers

- limited FPS to 143 (monitor is 143hz)

EGO Dumper.txt

• Like 1

Would still advise the UEFI BIOS update.

I can see you are running MSI Afterburner, can you uninstall it and use the latest version?

What happens if you run the game without the Sennheiser Headphones? Check you have updated the headphones (if update is available).

Sadly, the game is somewhat prone to crashes and audio issues when using Bluetooth audio.