Jump to content Jump to content

Codies, please remove Personnel stat boosts

Seriously. 

Or make them so they only affect the players My Team car. Or even nerf the boosts from 5/10/15 to 1/3/5 or something.

They're completely killing the career mode and ruining all balance among the drivers. 

You've seen us all unhappy with seeing Bottas and Perez constantly beating Hamilton and Verstappen and how badly they are affecting the AI performance from season 3 onwards so why is nothing being done? It should be an easy fix of disabling them for AI teams. 

We were all much happier during the patch when the boosts weren't applying and the AI were performing at the correct stat levels.

Team event and activity boosts are fine but the permanent boosts DESPERATELY NEED to be removed for this game and completely reworked in future games.

For future games, you could remove stat boosts from Marketing events/activities and have those temporary stats improve based on the Personnel facility instead. 

But please, for all career mode players sanity, please remove these game ruining permanent boosts from Career mode, or at the very least make them only affect the players My Team car. We dont want 100 stat Bottas and Perez destroying any realism.

Edited by Liaveil
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 7
1 hour ago, Liaveil said:

Seriously. 

Or make them so they only affect the players My Team car. Or even nerf the boosts from 5/10/15 to 1/3/5 or something.

They're completely killing the career mode and ruining all balance among the drivers. 

You've seen us all unhappy with seeing Bottas and Perez constantly beating Hamilton and Verstappen and how badly they are affecting the AI performance from season 3 onwards so why is nothing being done? It should be an easy fix of disabling them for AI teams. 

We were all much happier during the patch when the boosts weren't applying and the AI were performing at the correct stat levels.

Team event and activity boosts are fine but the permanent boosts DESPERATELY NEED to be removed for this game and completely reworked in future games.

For future games, you could remove stat boosts from Marketing events/activities and have those temporary stats improve based on the Personnel facility instead. 

But please, for all career mode players sanity, please remove these game ruining permanent boosts from Career mode, or at the very least make them only affect the players My Team car. We dont want 100 stat Bottas and Perez destroying any realism.

I’m with you dude.  I’ve pleaded and beg so many times,  always shoehorning posts relating  boosts and constant Rain into any post I can.  I’ve even had conversations in private message explaining that every one who plays single player career modes all want something done.  And have yet to come across  a fellow career mode enthusiast that has any enthusiastism left after they were expecting an epic career challenging max and Lewis down to the wire only for it to always be Bottas or Perez.  

I know there will be a ai related update soon.. As @BarryBL has said so in a post.  And he may not post much about what may or may not coming but when he does he isn’t messing about that mans word is truly his bond😂🙄And  fingers crossed removing the boosts may also be in the update 

Edited by ScaredDuck
  • Thanks 1

As long as there are topics "with developers" which date back to summer 2021 and yet remain unsolved, I fathom there is little hope for issues like this one - though I perfectly concur, that this issue has to be adressed by the devs.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 1
7 hours ago, Liaveil said:

I get you. If I recall correctly, back in F1 2020, there are no Personnel boosts for AI teams in My Team Career, only for your team, which keeps the performance of drivers from AI teams nice and consistent. Only way to improve their speed is upgrading the car, but that's it. Sure, drivers improving over the course of a few seasons is realistic, but so far, the only driver who made MASSIVE improvements is Verstappen. Nerfing the boost would destroy the experience and would make me rather play Driver Career.

7 hours ago, Liaveil said:

Perez: Supposedly OP. - Verstappen: Dominating every race with any car (save for the Haas).

While I do understand that AI boosts from the Personnel Department need to be removed, I still don't think that Perez and Bottas are OP. Sure, Bottas is powerful in Qualifying, but Hamilton usually catches him in the race. 😊

Sure your not looking at the problem wrong?

This sounds like an AI setting problem to me.

Lets say for a bad example Bottas is an 80 and now you decide to run your AI at 90. 

Bottas now has to be adjusted up but there has to be a ceiling to how fast the AI can go or NOBODY would win a race.

110 AI should be unbeatable in the 1st place and ya set the pecking order on that level Max,Lewis......etc.

The player then sets AI based on their skill and the pecking order stays the same.

17 hours ago, NicoTheJoker said:

I get you. If I recall correctly, back in F1 2020, there are no Personnel boosts for AI teams in My Team Career, only for your team, which keeps the performance of drivers from AI teams nice and consistent. Only way to improve their speed is upgrading the car, but that's it. Sure, drivers improving over the course of a few seasons is realistic, but so far, the only driver who made MASSIVE improvements is Verstappen. Nerfing the boost would destroy the experience and would make me rather play Driver Career.

Perez: Supposedly OP. - Verstappen: Dominating every race with any car (save for the Haas).

While I do understand that AI boosts from the Personnel Department need to be removed, I still don't think that Perez and Bottas are OP. Sure, Bottas is powerful in Qualifying, but Hamilton usually catches him in the race. 😊

Giga Bottas was an issue in 2020 as well. Red Bull was not a big issue as even with the boosts Albon's stats were low enough to be realistic. It's noticeable this year as Perez has higher base stats than Albon did. 

Its personally why I wouldnt mind the boosts if they ONLY applied to the players My Team car (although that would still make signing someone like Gasly better than Hamilton due to the price difference). But at least you could take your favorite driver to the front. 

I'd quite like to see the personnel facilities influencing driver growth, so the higher the facility the more "experience" they get and higher chance of a stat increasing. Would vary each career mode rather than every driver having a fixed development path like they currently do.

In regards to Bottas and Perez being OP.. their base stats are completely fine and in championship mode they perform as expected so in that sense they're not op. But with the personnel boosts, Bottas actually has 100 on all stars whereas Hamilton is only getting 96 on awareness so Bottas actually performs at higher stats. Perez gets 99 pace which is why he's so close to Max. At tier 3 personnel, it's essentially a coin toss over which teammates will perform better which is dumb. The individual driver stats are fine but the personnel boosts make them irrelevant which is why a lot of us want them removed from the game.

• Agree 1

Second season of my team, Lewis is 5th in table with 4 races to go nearly 80 points behind max alone and for some reason at start of season Mercedes signed mazaspin then sacked him half way through to sign yuki lol.

still bottas moved to Ferrari so that solved him been overpowered lol.

I wouldn't even mind if stats break the stat limit. 

Base stats cap at 100 but boosts can take them over. So in Mercedes case, Hamilton would have 108 pace while Bottas has 101. 

Prefer a full removal though as that method would make the top teams more overpowered and season 3 onwards would be nightmarish..  but would still prefer that over drivers all having 100 on everything.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:38 AM, ScaredDuck said:

I’ve even had conversations in private message explaining that every one who plays single player career modes all want something done.  

I only play single player career mode and really don't care what names are assigned to what cars by the AI, besides it gets boring having the same person win or you winning all the races.  I am waiting for the Ai to Drop Hamilton into a HAAS and see if he can be competitive, don't know if the AI will do it but would be cool if it did.