Jump to content Jump to content

Unsolvable Ego dumper crash on startup?

• A detailed description of the issue.

Starting F1 2021 will lead to a black screen which then shows with an ego dumper crash a few seconds later. When i first bought the game after release, it was working perfectly fine.

• Report Code

Unable to get it, since my game crashes before the menu's.

• Platform?

Steam on PC

• Game-mode?

N/A

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

N/A

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

N/A

• [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.

DxDiag.txt   Mobo is ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

GPU Drivers full update with DDU method, Nvidia control panel settings, deleting hardware_config.xml and restarting, verifying game files, reinstalling 3 times, disabling full screen optimisations

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

N/A

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Simply starting the game and waiting around 5-10 seconds will cause the ego dump to appear.

I've also got a crash dump .zip here: crash_dump#831795-20220110-162505-0.zip

• Like 1
On 1/11/2022 at 3:49 PM, khilol said:
  • A detailed description of the issue.

Starting F1 2021 will lead to a black screen which then shows with an ego dumper crash a few seconds later. When i first bought the game after release, it was working perfectly fine.

• Report Code

Unable to get it, since my game crashes before the menu's.

• Platform?

Steam on PC

• Game-mode?

N/A

• [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.

N/A

• [ONLINE] Were you the host?

N/A

• [PC ONLY] Please post your DXDiag, including the make and model of motherboard.

DxDiag.txt   Mobo is ASRock B365M Phantom Gaming 4

• What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.

GPU Drivers full update with DDU method, Nvidia control panel settings, deleting hardware_config.xml and restarting, verifying game files, reinstalling 3 times, disabling full screen optimisations

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 

N/A

• How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.

Simply starting the game and waiting around 5-10 seconds will cause the ego dump to appear.

I've also got a crash dump .zip here: crash_dump#831795-20220110-162505-0.zip

UEFI v4.30 offers no useful update.

Windows should provide all chipset drivers.

Perhaps update to 21H2 this might iron out any OS kinks?

Can you use MSI Afterburner? What are your temps like?

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Can you use the NVIDIA Geforce Experience and use the 'optimize' feature first, and then load up the game and see if that works.

I'm really not 'Pro' this advice - in my experience it doesn't optimise. Turn off Async Compute and framecap just around your monitors refresh. e.g. in this case 75Hz.

Edited by steviejay69
'Unsolvable' is like a flame to a moth :)
On 1/14/2022 at 11:26 AM, BarryBL said:

Can you use the NVIDIA Geforce Experience and use the 'optimize' feature first, and then load up the game and see if that works.

F1 2021 isn't supported by geforce experience.

On 1/14/2022 at 4:02 PM, steviejay69 said:

UEFI v4.30 offers no useful update.

Windows should provide all chipset drivers.

Perhaps update to 21H2 this might iron out any OS kinks?

Can you use MSI Afterburner? What are your temps like?

I'm really not 'Pro' this advice - in my experience it doesn't optimise. Turn off Async Compute and framecap just around your monitors refresh. e.g. in this case 75Hz.

Latest windows update hasn't solved anything, temps are fine in MSI Afterburner. Also worth mentioning that i crash even without an overclock that i have in afterburner, and turning off async compute + frame rate lock does nothing.

4 hours ago, khilol said:

Pretty sure you can scan for games but last time I used a GTX1060 during beta I think you could. Not sure how useful it was as I got it running better myself.

Haven't used Nvidia hardware for F1 2021, just AMD. RX580 and RX5700XT.

• Administrator
15 hours ago, khilol said:

Latest windows update hasn't solved anything, temps are fine in MSI Afterburner. Also worth mentioning that i crash even without an overclock that i have in afterburner, and turning off async compute + frame rate lock does nothing.

Pretty confident it is. See below:

1.PNG