Jump to content Jump to content

Increase the Performance of the My Team Car


Recommended Posts

If anyone at Codemasters reads this, take this advice to heart:

If you recall F1 2020, the My Team car was the best vehicle in the grid, because it has superior aero. Chassis was always on one level if it was maxed for all teams, and Powertrain and Durability pretty much depended on the engine supplier you picked.

Now in F1 2021, the My Team Car has such awful aero, so that maxed out it's only 3rd in the field, making the car only the 2nd best overall, which shouldn't be the case. This once again shows that someone at EA or one of you wanted Verstappen to be World Champion. Why else would the Red Bull be the very best car in the field?

So in case you're reading this, you need to increase the base stat of Aerodynamics for the My Team Car, so that it has the highest aero stat possible when maxed out, and therefore, it will become the best in the field... And maybe we could get around Monaco without any trouble for once!

Let's hope for the best.

- Nico

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NicoTheJoker said:

If anyone at Codemasters reads this, take this advice to heart:

If you recall F1 2020, the My Team car was the best vehicle in the grid, because it has superior aero. Chassis was always on one level if it was maxed for all teams, and Powertrain and Durability pretty much depended on the engine supplier you picked.

Now in F1 2021, the My Team Car has such awful aero, so that maxed out it's only 3rd in the field, making the car only the 2nd best overall, which shouldn't be the case. This once again shows that someone at EA or one of you wanted Verstappen to be World Champion. Why else would the Red Bull be the very best car in the field?

So in case you're reading this, you need to increase the base stat of Aerodynamics for the My Team Car, so that it has the highest aero stat possible when maxed out, and therefore, it will become the best in the field... And maybe we could get around Monaco without any trouble for once!

Let's hope for the best.

- Nico

At the time of the last performance update the red bull car was the class of the field.  That's what the starting My Team team order is based on, the most recent performance update.  

Not sure how boosting the my team car's aero helps, then you'll alwasy end up the best.  That's the problem with the mode though in a nutshell; the starting order will always be the finishing order if/when all teams are maxed out on R&D.  Once everyone realizes that the main question becomes... whats the point of this mode in general?  Team performance shouldn't be capped; it should adjust based on results, acclaim, money earned etc. etc.  Why is it capped right from the second you start the mode?  That's the point that needs fixing here.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, petro1319 said:

Team performance shouldn't be capped; it should adjust based on results, acclaim, money earned etc. etc.  Why is it capped right from the second you start the mode?  That's the point that needs fixing here.

Now that you mention it, I once thought of something to give My Team and Driver Career more spicing to it - being able to buy the upgrades you have on your car 3 times, increasing performance and cost every time you buy it. By strategically using this to your advantage, you might have a very dominant car once regulation changes hit one or two teams very hard, and this might make the mode a lot better in my book.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, petro1319 said:

At the time of the last performance update the red bull car was the class of the field.  That's what the starting My Team team order is based on, the most recent performance update.  

Not sure how boosting the my team car's aero helps, then you'll alwasy end up the best.  That's the problem with the mode though in a nutshell; the starting order will always be the finishing order if/when all teams are maxed out on R&D.  Once everyone realizes that the main question becomes... whats the point of this mode in general?  Team performance shouldn't be capped; it should adjust based on results, acclaim, money earned etc. etc.  Why is it capped right from the second you start the mode?  That's the point that needs fixing here.

Not for everyone is the mainpoint to reach maxed out cars. For me for example I like to have a challenge for 1,2,3 seasons. So with developing the car and playing max 3 seasons (never reached that yet, only two) I aim to become world champion or cunstructor champion one day. So for sure, the game is not made for 10 seasons. But 10 seasons is in the way I play the game (50 % races) never realistic to reach. I think slowing down the development process could help in multiple ways: For the ones, who like to have updates that are more special, because they are not one of a lot another updates each race, and for the ones who like to play the game longer without having maxed out cars too early. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, petro1319 said:

At the time of the last performance update the red bull car was the class of the field.  That's what the starting My Team team order is based on, the most recent performance update.  

Not sure how boosting the my team car's aero helps, then you'll alwasy end up the best.  That's the problem with the mode though in a nutshell; the starting order will always be the finishing order if/when all teams are maxed out on R&D.  Once everyone realizes that the main question becomes... whats the point of this mode in general?  Team performance shouldn't be capped; it should adjust based on results, acclaim, money earned etc. etc.  Why is it capped right from the second you start the mode?  That's the point that needs fixing here.

I agree.

 

It should have been arranged such that any team could be the top team in any given year down the line. Such that your my team could become the top team if you followed the right update line which should be not scripted such that once you learn the line you can follow it every time.
 

Currently the top team are still the top teams and the bottom teams are edging a bit closer but not catching up and getting ahead.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TvRacinFan said:

Currently the top team are still the top teams and the bottom teams are edging a bit closer but not catching up and getting ahead.

Has anybody played motorsport manager on PC? I would love CM to follow a similar development mechanism.

you have team personnel who have stats based on engine, front wing, rear wing, chassis etc… so when regulation changes come in, development of the new car is heavily based on your staff and their stats. So you could go from a top team to bottom team if your development goes wrong.

the development tree is also more realistic as huge gains cant be made in 1 season, so it becomes more of a graft and makes the game playable for multiple seasons.

following something like this would make the game more interesting for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I turn down the rate of money, development points and acclaim for myself and everyone to stretch it out. 

I'm only halfway through S2 but understand that a fully maxed out car drives like a boat - any tips to handle that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2022 at 11:20 AM, Guyb9 said:

I'm only halfway through S2 but understand that a fully maxed out car drives like a boat - any tips to handle that?

It's all setup work. If you are into custom setups, you can make any car competitive on higher difficulties like Expert and Master.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NicoTheJoker said:

It's all setup work. If you are into custom setups, you can make any car competitive on higher difficulties like Expert and Master.

I could if I had the telemetry that allowed me to see what the car was doing at any specific point on the track in such a way that I could understand it reliably.

 

As it is I throw on a base setup and play with it an hour or so until I can get around the track and run it. I got no real clue what the car is doing as I can not tell how far it is rolling over in the turns or what the contact patch is doing or if the car is bottoming out or reaching the top of spring travel.

 

I have downloaded three or four apps for the telemetry but can not force them to work reliably and the info they gave me was about worthless when they did work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the game does give you some hints about creating your setup, but only some, sadly.

Jeff says, if you suffer from oversteer, it usually means you have to soften your rear suspension, raise the rear wing or adjust the rear camber and toe setting.

And if you understeer, it means you should either soften your front suspension or raise the front wing because the tire doesn't have enough contact with the track.

That's all I know, though. And even so, you'd have to find a suitable setup on the internet if you're not skilled with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It does give hints.... I do not want someone else's setup. So I guess I go play a different game that does have the telemetry I want and allows me much more latitude in the setup of my car that the people who made it ruined in a different way such that I prefer the older 1st gen xbox version and it doesn't have F1 cars and tracks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The real problem is that the reg changes affect the parts you upgrade but they don't set back the department developments you've invested your cash into. If they did this mode would probably be viable for the entire 10 seasons. As it is once you fully upgrade everything it's trivial to adapt parts on reg changes.

Edited by Zachrulez
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2022 at 8:25 AM, DonBlanko said:

Not for everyone is the mainpoint to reach maxed out cars. For me for example I like to have a challenge for 1,2,3 seasons. So with developing the car and playing max 3 seasons (never reached that yet, only two) I aim to become world champion or cunstructor champion one day. So for sure, the game is not made for 10 seasons. But 10 seasons is in the way I play the game (50 % races) never realistic to reach. I think slowing down the development process could help in multiple ways: For the ones, who like to have updates that are more special, because they are not one of a lot another updates each race, and for the ones who like to play the game longer without having maxed out cars too early. 

You're missing the point.  The point isn't about how long or short it takes to get to max development; it's the fact that max development for the teams is the same performance order that the mode starts with.  It's pointless.  If you want to drive for Williams and you have your AI settings in a realistic manner that you'll finish at the back of the pack if you're last in performance then youll NEVER win that constructors championship because youll always be the lowest rated car/team.   Yes you may climb the ranks as you develop, you may even make #1, but as the mode progresses eventually you'll cap out R&D as Williams and every team will surpass you again (except for Haas) when they reach max development as well and you'll end up back at the bottom of the pack.  It's not realistic in any way shape or form.  It's like saying OK, here's career mode...  you start with Mercedes as the best, Haas as the worst and this basic running order of 10 teams.  By the way.. you'll finish where you started too.   So what are you actually building with your team as a driver?  Nothing.   Mercedes and Red bull will be 1 and 2 when you start, and when everyone eventually maxes out they'll still be 1 and 2.   There's no logic to the system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, petro1319 said:

You're missing the point.  The point isn't about how long or short it takes to get to max development; it's the fact that max development for the teams is the same performance order that the mode starts with.  It's pointless.  If you want to drive for Williams and you have your AI settings in a realistic manner that you'll finish at the back of the pack if you're last in performance then youll NEVER win that constructors championship because youll always be the lowest rated car/team.   Yes you may climb the ranks as you develop, you may even make #1, but as the mode progresses eventually you'll cap out R&D as Williams and every team will surpass you again (except for Haas) when they reach max development as well and you'll end up back at the bottom of the pack.  It's not realistic in any way shape or form.  It's like saying OK, here's career mode...  you start with Mercedes as the best, Haas as the worst and this basic running order of 10 teams.  By the way.. you'll finish where you started too.   So what are you actually building with your team as a driver?  Nothing.   Mercedes and Red bull will be 1 and 2 when you start, and when everyone eventually maxes out they'll still be 1 and 2.   There's no logic to the system.

Maybe we should base on the agreement that maxed out cars are the problem for us both. We wouldn't ask the question "what its the point in developing when we start as a lowest team and end up with the lowest team when cars are maxed out?", if it wouldn't be possible to max out cars overall.

Besides that "maxed-out" Cars are not realistic at all. In F1 never exists a maxed out car, which cannot get faster anymore. For sure, this is by game design. But here is the problem in my eyes. The game shouldn't make it possible to reach the end of the devlopments. Only this would fit to the world of F1. 

My idea is that slowing down the development process combined with harder rule changes in the end of a season (if cars developed "too" fast), which slows cars down for the next season would bring several positive effects:

  • maxing out cars isn't possible anymore. There would be season where the cars could be a little bit slower then the original ones, and sometimes the cars would become faster, depends on how good development was and how hard the rule changes were but they never would become so fast as they are after maxing out now.
  • cars, which are not that high developed after some seasons wouldn't become so hard to drive (the handling system of the car is not really made for high developed cars. I read a lot complainments about hard controllable cars after season 2, codemasters could avoid investing ressources in a handling overhaul for developed cars)
  • Increasing AI speed wouldn't be a problem too, if the cars wouldn't become so fast
  • The challenge is still the same and you would still be able to become world champion with a low budget team
  • Instead of having the same end scenario for everyone (maxed out cars are in the same order like the original ones) everyone could have different ending after all seasons. 
  • slowing down development process could mean: big updates only over this winter, maybe one or max two bigger upgrades in the seasons other updates are small updates with less effect. Updates need more R&D points than now. 

This is just an idea for the R&D part of the game. For sure something similar could be done for the financial system too. 

 

@BarryBL Just an idea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DonBlanko said:

Besides that "maxed-out" Cars are not realistic at all. In F1 never exists a maxed out car, which cannot get faster anymore. For sure, this is by game design. But here is the problem in my eyes. The game shouldn't make it possible to reach the end of the devlopments. Only this would fit to the world of F1. 

I am about a quarter of the way through my third season and have maxed out. According to the charts my car is well ahead of all the others - but will be looking for everyone catching up. Also had rule changes only at the end of the first season - but not second. Will see if any occur in the third. 

Your point about not being able to reach the end of developments is spot on. This is the next step for this part of the game.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dwin20 said:

I am about a quarter of the way through my third season and have maxed out. According to the charts my car is well ahead of all the others - but will be looking for everyone catching up. Also had rule changes only at the end of the first season - but not second. Will see if any occur in the third. 

Your point about not being able to reach the end of developments is spot on. This is the next step for this part of the game.

Have you tried reducing the some of the settings for money, acclaim, R&D points and you could boost the AI in that area, might give them a chance to catch you up again?

Edit: Think of it like this: Brawn won the championship in their one and only season. In your case, you've had similar success in 3 season, albeit perhaps unwanted 😁

If you haven't already, set your points, money, acclaim for you and your team to reduced. For the AI, boost these settings. Keep racing, think of yourself as a Brawn-type team. If you get rule changes, perhaps take them a bit slow, limit your ability and allow the AI to catch up for the next season.

It's a pain that you have to do this, but if you want to keep your save, assuming you haven't already tried this, give it a go. 👍

Edited by s00zster
Link to post
Share on other sites

@s00zster Thanks for the ideas - At this point there is nothing I can do with R&D points anyway as I am already maxed out in terms of upgrades. Same with money - pretty much useless unless I want to upgrade facilities that can't produce anything or go get Hamilton as the other driver. I used the default setup when I started My Team - but if I start over again will definitely use your suggestions.

But the other aspect to this is that the upgrades are limited and developments will end at some point - in my case early in the third season. The next step would seem to be to significantly increase the amount of upgrades available - maybe defining what types of research the facilities are doing - so as to define the types of upgrades available. Also would be nice to get more definitive sense of what the upgrades do - if x increases front wing downforce - can you develop an estimate of how much... as an example. 

This is a suggestion not a complaint as I have enjoyed this aspect of the game - a good start.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...