Jump to content Jump to content

Whys this game so broken

MrC0A

1st pic - Driver career crashed out coming back to the pits after my lap and then im out in Q1 even though I'm 15th and I have a faster lap then Gio 

2nd pic - 2 player career my friend did a lap at the start of quali when it was dry and then it started to rain so he retired because it was an easy 1st place then at the end we see that he's out even though he has the fastest lap and is 10th. 

I don't have high expectations for 22 but I just hope stuff like this gets sorted

e813d4ca-eab4-41d6-afc4-4eae3006be3e.png

F1TM_2021_2021-12-28_15-16-02.png

• Administrator

Hi @MrC0A

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

This information, in particular a step-by-step method to show us how you can replicate the issue often, is critical in helping us identify and ultimately resolve any issue. Without this, we don’t have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose any potential issue you have seen online. I can then send the potential issue to the right team, and make sure that the developers have all the information they need as soon as possible. The more detail, the more chance we have of replicating the issue, and working towards a fix.

Many thanks
Barry

38 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @MrC0A

Thanks for reporting your issue. However, we do need a complete bug report to gain all the details needed to replicate and troubleshoot your issue. Please copy and paste the template from the below and fill in the answers.

This information, in particular a step-by-step method to show us how you can replicate the issue often, is critical in helping us identify and ultimately resolve any issue. Without this, we don’t have the necessary information to replicate and diagnose any potential issue you have seen online. I can then send the potential issue to the right team, and make sure that the developers have all the information they need as soon as possible. The more detail, the more chance we have of replicating the issue, and working towards a fix.

Many thanks
Barry

• A detailed description of the issue. - In driver career I was at Abu Dhabi during Q1 in qualifying I set my lap and was driving back to the pitlane when I crashed into the wall and DNF so the session ended and I was in 15th and then it showed my name in red indicating I was out of qualifying even though I had a faster lap than Gio in 14th and it's meant to be 15 drivers going into Q2 not 14.   In 2 Player Career my friend made it into Q2 and set a lap early on in qualifying on the softs because rain was on the way after he set the lap he was P1 and then he retired because the rain started falling when we went to the results screen we saw that he was knocked out still with the fastest time and he was in 10th but even though he was 10th he still shouldn't have been knocked out in Q2 
  • Report Code - JKJC-KDRD-DBTM-GJEG
  • Platform? - Xbox Series S
  • Game-mode? - Driver Career Mode and 2 Player Career Mode 
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here. - 2 people
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host? - Yes
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried. - Didn't try anything just moved onto the race 
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible. - Went into Qualifying set a lap retired in both situations and then the results screen showed this 

F1™ 2021 2021-12-28 15-16-02.png

e813d4ca-eab4-41d6-afc4-4eae3006be3e.png.547c47b1aa284e29189a0a4c625b29e7.png

• Like 1

• Administrator

Thanks for the excellent reporting. 

I think what has happened here is you had a DNF, which logically the game cannot repair the car for Q2 (so you are out of Quali) but have taken 15th instead of 14th. 

You are correct, you should be P14 but Gio in P15. Then advance to Q2 and automatically retire as the car has taken too much damage. Will get this to the testing team. I think possibly the standings are wrong, but the end outcome is the same because:

• You've crashed the car in P1, and is it deemed to much damage to fix.
  • You will start the race P15
  • Gio will advance to P2 and set a time, so beating you and taking P14

This is more a logic issue than a outcome issue here.

Once again, thanks for the in-depth reporting and the detail provided. @pover74 this is a excellent example of the detail of reporting needed so I can investigate and pass to the developers

• Agree 3

• Administrator

Same for the second issue too.

Player has retired instead of 'advancing', so the game believes that the player cannot compete in Qualifying anymore. Therefore, P10 as they were quicker than those eliminated in that session, but never took part in Q3, so was corrected to his race starting position.

For logic sense, it should:

1. Show players time and ranking in quali
  2. Cutscene informing player of either 'Too much damage/You have retired from qualifying'
  3. Correct to grid position.

The game corrects to the right grid position, just needs an improvement in telling you how you got there.

23 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

• You've crashed the car in P1, and is it deemed to much damage to fix.
  • You will start the race P15
  • Gio will advance to P2 and set a time, so beating you and taking P14

actually this is incorrect

if the driver sets a time thats p14 to get out of Q1 and into Q2 and suffers teminal damage and cant take part in q2 then the dnf driver would start from p14 (unless they take additional power unit components to apply grid penalties ) or last out of the Q2 Drivers, Giovanazzi would be knocked out of Q1., same applies for Q2 if a time is enough to make Q3 but DNF during Q2

this has happened IRL before https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/video.2021-french-gp-qualifying-schumacher-crashes-out-but-makes-q2.1703002847564366567.html 

https://www.formula1.com/en/results.html/2021/races/1070/france/qualifying.html

in this case schumacher started p15 and never set a time in Q2 

Edited by cearp8858

• Administrator

Slowest 5 cars get eliminated, so P20 to P16. P15 and up advance into Q2, so in theory, Gio and COTA advance.

Just COTA can't set a time, so auto gets P15. Then Gio, anyone who has qualified, are P14 and upwards.

I believe you have counted 5 from 20 as 15, which makes sense logically, but you have to include all participants, so its P20, P19, P18, P17 and P16 and its 5 drivers eliminated.

2 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Slowest 5 cars get eliminated, so P20 to P16. P15 and up advance into Q2, so in theory, Gio and COTA advance.

Just COTA can't set a time, so auto gets P15. Then Gio, anyone who has qualified, are P14 and upwards.

i miss interprated what the report was for, yeah so its correct then he gets p15 

Edited by cearp8858
  • Like 2

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, cearp8858 said:

i miss interprated what the report was for, yeah so its correct then he gets p15 

You have NO IDEA how often I've just checked that from P20 down. Was very shaky then. 😄 

• Haha 2