Jump to content Jump to content

Free Data Analysis of Car Telemetry Data [web-based] to Improve your Driving

Over the past few months I have been working on a web based data analysis package for the f1 games. It takes the data from your car, and can either save it / present it to you live. It will be totally customisable what data you save, or show in real time. Due to it being web based the UI will be extremely simple. The idea is to simplify the process of recording and analysing data so that it's accesible to anyone. Software like 'Sim Racing Telemetry' often can be hard to get set up and working. The idea for my product is that it 'just works'.

Please bear in mind any screenshots/videos are of an incomplete product, so the 'finesse' is not there yet (and front end is really not my strong suit).

Features Include:

LiveCoaching for:

- Race starts (screenshot)

-Braking in time for the pit limit

- Cornering

- Acceleration & braking, etc.

Data Recording

Live View (customisable) (video) (Race View)

(a new race view is in the works, with a visual map of all drivers, and a more visual representation of tyre wear, tyre age, etc)

Data Analysis / Comparing Data (screenshot)

I have come to ask feedback:

Would people actually be interested in this product?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Is there any front end devs who might want to assist me?

Signed:

hxnvry / Henry

• Thanks 1

Something close to this should be integrated into the base game imho, so that players do not have to use 3rd party software to play in a "simulation" way, and so that PS4 / PS5 players are not being excluded from using telemetry if they wish to do so.

• Agree 2
21 hours ago, TvRacinFan said:

How would you or we obtain this telemetry?

There's two options. Either put in the IP of the server which the interface will provide, or download a program which does the same job (but is better if your iinternet connection is not great).

2 hours ago, hxnvry said:

There's two options. Either put in the IP of the server which the interface will provide, or download a program which does the same job (but is better if your iinternet connection is not great).

My problem seems to be that whatever I download doesn't function reliably. When it does what it provides is not in a form that I can understand. I have no intention of paying for something that provides something that should have been in the game to start with.

Currently I wish I had not even touched the game at all.It is a game I want to play and do that is so forked that I want to throw the console away at least three times every time I play.

I can not fathom someone putting out a racing game of this magnitude which does not have telemetry in game nor do they have an official app for accessing it.

I played another EA game that online service was killed after only a year or so. NASCAR sim racing. The telemetry in that one was superb compared to this ****. Did a couple of seasons with a clan that was great fun, when the online service was killed someone found a hack and we were golden.

I've actually just begun looking into the telemetry aspect of the F1 games and would be very interested in learning how to read the data as much of it skates right over my head. I've never utilized anything of this concept and would like to learn more.