Jump to content Jump to content

Codies.. Reason why you never fixed this

So, I would like to know why when I'm doing a QUALIFYING OBJECTIVE at MONACO other cars TRY to race me, that aren't even doing a timed lap, they are going to pits.. why haven't you fixed the issue of the AI not backing off??  Have you ever been deeply invested in something, only to have something illogically screw you up that should never have been there in first place?  Yea..

Then again, it's 2022, so no more work on 2021 game.. #stepbackwards

• Agree 2
12 hours ago, Sparticus_19 said:

So, I would like to know why when I'm doing a QUALIFYING OBJECTIVE at MONACO other cars TRY to race me, that aren't even doing a timed lap, they are going to pits.. why haven't you fixed the issue of the AI not backing off??  Have you ever been deeply invested in something, only to have something illogically screw you up that should never have been there in first place?  Yea..

Then again, it's 2022, so no more work on 2021 game.. #stepbackwards

This is a bug that has been highlighted by the community repeatedly and is with the developers.

There is no ETA for a fix, because despite similar bugs being picked up in previous game iterations, it still hasn't been addressed.

The 2021 game is still within patch cycle, but like you I am not optimistic of a fix because (also like every other year) there are higher priority issues (basic functionality; controller and connectivity) yet to be addressed.

9 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

The 2021 game is still within patch cycle, but like you I am not optimistic of a fix because (also like every other year) there are higher priority issues (basic functionality; controller and connectivity) yet to be addressed.

Which is one reason why an annual full price title is a bad idea. Even a large developer like Codemasters backed by EA has trouble to finish the product in this dimension for so many platforms year after year. Delays are getting longer, game content is being streamlined, issues like this one are being neglected. If on the other hand you had a title that you sell once, and keep alive with 3-4 DLCs every year, it might be easier to keep up with the changes needed, plus it would somewhat force the developer to correct what is game / immersion breaking, because it would pay off continously. As it is now, the bugs are being ignored as long as the game starts / runs, and noone gives a damn because the next game has to be pumped out in a few months already. It will feature the same or similar or formerly patched flaws, and we all know it. Its an awful approach, and if not then its at least an approach that will not result in the best possible product.

What is hard to graps about that: why do the FIA, or F1 management, and other license givers not have (more) interest to see the best possible product? Probably because the return in money for the license counts way more?

And yes, you have to agree with the OP that AI cars racing you on their in- and out laps, ignoring flags and not moving off the line etc are quite a step backwards over what we already had in former iterations of the game.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 1

My son and I have played another racing game.

Online two player with AI the AI is split half on my console half on his. MY AI are unaware he is on the track and his are unaware of me so you have to be careful getting close to any AI.  This is an older version of that game and the newer ones are worse we understand.  In fact the best version we have tried is like the third one on the original Xbox I believe.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, TvRacinFan said:

My son and I have played another racing game.

Online two player with AI the AI is split half on my console half on his. MY AI are unaware he is on the track and his are unaware of me so you have to be careful getting close to any AI.  This is an older version of that game and the newer ones are worse we understand.  In fact the best version we have tried is like the third one on the original Xbox I believe.

Xbox 360 third iteration would be F1 2012, it's a pity that had broken weather and a divisive handling model 🙂

10 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Which is one reason why an annual full price title is a bad idea. Even a large developer like Codemasters backed by EA has trouble to finish the product in this dimension for so many platforms year after year. Delays are getting longer, game content is being streamlined, issues like this one are being neglected. If on the other hand you had a title that you sell once, and keep alive with 3-4 DLCs every year, it might be easier to keep up with the changes needed, plus it would somewhat force the developer to correct what is game / immersion breaking, because it would pay off continously. As it is now, the bugs are being ignored as long as the game starts / runs, and noone gives a damn because the next game has to be pumped out in a few months already. It will feature the same or similar or formerly patched flaws, and we all know it. Its an awful approach, and if not then its at least an approach that will not result in the best possible product.

What is hard to graps about that: why do the FIA, or F1 management, and other license givers not have (more) interest to see the best possible product? Probably because the return in money for the license counts way more?

And yes, you have to agree with the OP that AI cars racing you on their in- and out laps, ignoring flags and not moving off the line etc are quite a step backwards over what we already had in former iterations of the game.

The issue has been there in previous titles. I think personally that you won't notice it if your performance is >110 AI (yes there are those that do). If you have the AI set too low, you are in the same boat. Once you have it at or around your true pace, this becomes more evident. 

Rubberbanding is the issue, it's poor AI design. 

The blocking and stopping on track of the AI I believe is tied to the fact that the AI results aren't determined by the AI behaviour. Otherwise they'd all be busy setting that time. The scripting has been long standing, I don't think there's a single iteration of the game that hasn't used it.

I only ever played F1 2010 offline to any real degree (save the odd Grand Prix quick game, but I've no real desire to emulate any RL driver or get in the mood by doing the calendar GP - one of the likely reasons the game release date has been brought forward think 'Weekly Event' and 'Scenario') but this is because I prefer to race against others, not AI. 

Edited by steviejay69
9 hours ago, 3wide said:

It's never fixed cause they have no idea how to fix it

They very likely do not play the game so they have no clue what the issue actually is.

I played a different game that people modded. One such mod was updating the realism of the equipment used.  What they didn't seem to understand was that the equipment was as it was for game play, not intended to be for realism and realism in the mod killed the game play which made all them work they did on the mod for nothing as people wouldn't play it for any length of time.

On 1/14/2022 at 1:12 AM, Sparticus_19 said:

aren't even doing a timed lap, they are going to pits.. why haven't you fixed the issue of the AI not backing off??  

100% agree, the AI do not get off the racing line when the are on an out/in lap - just crazy, I don’t recall this being an issue in 2020. This issue drives me mad and has been raised plenty of times so hopefully it can be sorted soon.