Jump to content Jump to content

Also, Since EA officially owns Codemasters

2 hours ago, NicoTheJoker said:

I am serious, if this becomes a thing, F1 is dead to me.

Also, there already is F1 Clash, which is more or less the same.

I feel the same way. The focus of Fifa developers has been Ultimate Team for about a decade. It would be a shame if Codemasters goes down this route, although being owned by EA they might not have much choice

Edited by WestHam66

well the podium pass is micro transactions, yeah you get free stuff on it but the majority of the "good" cosmetics are in the paid tier. as long as we dont have to pay for a performacne advantage i'm fine with them.

also i dont beleive an ultimate team like mode will come to the codemasters games as that is effectivly a managment mode? my team mode is basically ultimate team in the sense you hire your team mate you want. 

as a side note anyone wanting a more complex managment type system will be disapointed as frontier games has the license to make official f1 manager games (1st one is releaseing this year) so this means codemaster cant go to in depth with my team mode as it would breach their license

Edited by cearp8858

Actually, it's pretty smart from Codemasters to get under the EA umbrella, because when next year's game is delivered, maybe most people will blame EA. 😄

I haven't had FIFA since the MegaDrive era, and football is my number two to F1. 

4 hours ago, cearp8858 said:

well the podium pass is micro transactions, yeah you get free stuff on it but the majority of the "good" cosmetics are in the paid tier. as long as we dont have to pay for a performacne advantage i'm fine with them.

I think like any game, there is the option to "grind" or pay so I see that being likely. It's a one player mode, so not impactful in a competitive sense like in multiplayer.

Why not have the cash to finance the upgrades at any point than by meeting the objectives? As ever, it's about balance. Plus, upgrading the car or team facilities can't give you driver talent.

Can't see any longevity in Podium Pass until it allows you to transfer from one game to the next. Maybe unspent points / coins only should be allowed in a one time exchange transaction (and at a lower rate than purchasing in that newer title, say 66-75% so having like 15,000 pit coin could be transferred one time and one way to 10,000-12,500 pit coin in the newer title)?

Codemasters, I want my kickback when you use this 😉

13 hours ago, Sparticus_19 said:

Please do NOT just suddenly surprise us with a **** ton of micro transactions next year...  EA's greed can't be over stated.

Don't use Podium Pass or Pit coins, you do have that option to not play that game of theirs.  

They need an opt out option for that nonsense so it won't even load.  

8 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Why not have the cash to finance the upgrades at any point than by meeting the objectives? As ever, it's about balance

Simple answers:

"Streamlining" of games. Classic cars? Short courses? Save game slots? Damage model? F1 sprint qualifying? Correct F2 race format? Working multiplayer (ranked) lobbies? Working leagues? In game telemetry? Nah...

Releasing unfinished games: We have been charged a full price title year after year, with quite a price increase in many markets last year. On the other hand, we received an unpolished, not to write unfinished product last time, which has multiplayer issues even today, eventhough we waited for several tracks and F2 car lieveries until nearly the IRL championship was over.

• Is it ok to make an annual full price title? Sure.
  • Is it ok to make an annual full price title with micro transactions? Maybe, if you deliver as a developer, and if the transactions are purely cosmetic and players keep them for next years game.
  • Is it ok to make an annual full price title, partly delayed, partly bugged, with micro transactions that give in game advantages? I dont think so. If I wanted to pay a subscription, I would say iRacing is a more attractive alternative.

Then again, i am just one of the million monkeys, that shall rather not be involved in the development of computer games, as we learned here before on the suggestions forum. So what gives, we are moving on to other titles if we dont get our bananas here any more 😛 It is not the end of the world. See Blizzard / Activision, every WoW / Hearthstone player knows the story.

Edited by Schneehase
  • Agree 1
24 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Streamlining" of games. Classic cars? Short courses? Save game slots? Damage model? F1 sprint qualifying? Correct F2 race format? Working multiplayer (ranked) lobbies? Working leagues? In game telemetry? Nah..

Hey, at least we got braking point… 👀

5 minutes ago, Jobling1983 said:

Hey, at least we got braking point… 👀

Yeah I understand some here are keen on part 2 of breaking point being released with the 2022 game, some are already discussing team choices... (lol?)

31 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Simple answers:

"Streamlining" of games. Classic cars? Short courses? Save game slots? Damage model? F1 sprint qualifying? Correct F2 race format? Working multiplayer (ranked) lobbies? Working leagues? In game telemetry? Nah...

Releasing unfinished games: We have been charged a full price title year after year, with quite a price increase in many markets last year. On the other hand, we received an unpolished, not to write unfinished product last time, which has multiplayer issues even today, eventhough we waited for several tracks and F2 car lieveries until nearly the IRL championship was over.

• Is it ok to make an annual full price title? Sure.
  • Is it ok to make an annual full price title with micro transactions? Maybe, if you deliver as a developer, and if the transactions are purely cosmetic and players keep them for next years game.
  • Is it ok to make an annual full price title, partly delayed, partly bugged, with micro transactions that give in game advantages? I dont think so. If I wanted to pay a subscription, I would say iRacing is a more attractive alternative.

Then again, i am just one of the million monkeys, that shall rather not be involved in the development of computer games, as we learned here before on the suggestions forum. So what gives, we are moving on to other titles if we dont get our bananas here any more 😛 It is not the end of the world. See Blizzard / Activision, every WoW / Hearthstone player knows the story.

I think you've missed my point here. There is nothing intrinsically 'wrong' with pay to upgrade the car in single-player modes. 

I don't say that the game isn't without fault.

Games the world over have this model.

Online loot boxes? No, I never would condone anything that gave a competitive advantage in the multiplayer / online. 

3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Games the world over have this model

Best argument!

Humans the world over consume drugs and wreck / kill themselves with. Does not mean everybody has to like drugs, not to speak of buying them, or liking that particular business model.

To be less dramatic, the former "success" of other gaming companies trying to turn established franchises into micro transaction business models in PC gaming speaks for itself: Short time share holder value, long term loss of the whole franchise and / or developer and its reputation. Works better with "throwaway games" on mobiles, might work with pocket money of kids on phones and consoles. On PC this must also conflict with silicon shortages during the upcoming years. So you go and buy a GPU for 3.000,- Euro, plus a PC around it for 1-2K, plus some serious simracing hardware maybe for nearly the sum of the two. If you have to money spare to afford all this as your hobby, you are probably smart enough to avoid games based on micro transactions. Exceptions prove the rule. If you tried to buy a GPU during 2020 or 2021 it probably looked like in this video clip. Good luck selling the micro transactions on top of that:

10 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Best argument!

Humans the world over consume drugs and wreck / kill themselves with. Does not mean everybody has to like drugs, not to speak of buying them, or liking that particular business model.

To be less dramatic, the former "success" of other gaming companies trying to turn established franchises into micro transaction business models in PC gaming speaks for itself: Short time share holder value, long term loss of the whole franchise and / or developer and its reputation. Works better with "throwaway games" on mobiles, might work with pocket money of kids on phones and consoles. On PC this must also conflict with silicon shortages during the upcoming years. So you go and buy a GPU for 3.000,- Euro, plus a PC around it for 1-2K, plus some serious simracing hardware maybe for nearly the sum of the two. If you have to money spare to afford all this as your hobby, you are probably smart enough to avoid games based on micro transactions. Exceptions prove the rule. If you tried to buy a GPU during 2020 or 2021 it probably looked like in this video clip. Good luck selling the micro transactions on top of that:

You won't buck the trend buddy. The gaming industry is a business, first and foremost. It's not abstract.

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

You won't buck the trend buddy. The gaming industry is a business, first and foremost. It's not abstract.

True, as a fan of the F1 franchise I cannot make a difference (eventhough I am trying my best on the forums here, reputation wise). As a customer, I have a choice though. Unfortunately that is the solely language that is being heard these days.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Rgb666 said:

It’s simple if people have problems with this game. Don’t buy or play it make a choice.

True, but the trouble is that for console players who specifically want to play a game that allows them to race F1 cars around all of the F1 tracks there is no alternative. I'm guessing there is on PC but that's moot for the majority.

As it stands, Podium Pass can just be ignored so it's no significant issue. It would be if it starts doing anything that affects in-game performance though.

• Agree 1
13 hours ago, Rgb666 said:

It’s simple if people have problems with this game. Don’t buy or play it make a choice.

They should refund me what I spent to purchase a game they knew was broke when they put it on the market if they have no intention of fixing it. The evidence shows they never had intention of fixing it since they have had this amount of time to address the issues.

Unless the fix this one before the next one is released they have no worries about me purchasing the next one.  Do you think they intend to fix this one before they release the next one?