Jump to content Jump to content

SimRacingSetups

Badmayhem

YES! Was going to post a thread about this as well… 

Last week I finally got round to trying out the MyTeam mode after putting together a livery that actually looks decent and semi-believable on console.
But, first few sessions at Bahrain doing the practice sessions I pretty quickly closed the game and tossed the controller aside in frustration at the inherent understeer of the MyTeam car as well as the random death spin curbs. 

Anyway, yesterday I also noticed that SimRacingSetups had released an updated video with updated setups for the game. What caught my attention was the “50%” brake bias! Tried it out and wow, the game actually feels enjoyable again and I found the car more responsive and a hell of a lot more stable and drivable. 

Anyone else that’s having issues with the handling on the game and been struggling with setups that actually improve the game then I have to say the updated setups from SimRacingSetup have been a game-changer for me.  Their setups were the best I found for F1 2020 and happy to see that they’ve worked their magic again for F1 2021 too. 

• Like 1

It is interesting that looking at the original video SimRacingSetups did looking at all the tracks - there was complimentary comment that the brake bias had been improved for 2021 and was more realistic - but now in the new video setups it seems as though it has reverted back for all tracks to 50%. 

Does Codemasters have some data showing that F1 teams set their break bias for all tracks at 50%?

13 hours ago, ScaredDuck said:

Always been a big fan off the guy who does the setups..  esp for this years game..  havnt seen the updates but I’m willing to bet they are well worth trying 

They are excellent, made me faster at all circuits, even Monaco. I now bump into Monaco's walls at a greater speed 🙂 But that's me not the setup . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Badmayhem said:

50 in the new model is 55 in the old, nothing really has changed but the numbers. 

But now there is not the ability to move the brake bias to the rear for more front grip - severely hampering the usefulness of brake bias - and completely unrealistic - not something actual F1 drivers would be happy with. 

1 hour ago, dwin20 said:

But now there is not the ability to move the brake bias to the rear for more front grip - severely hampering the usefulness of brake bias - and completely unrealistic - not something actual F1 drivers would be happy with. 

I must be missing something here as you dont move brake bias to the rear for more front grip, you move it forward.

the way you brake on f1 2021 is the same as 2020 now, its a backwards and lazy way to prevent esports drivers driving unrealisticly.

it is impossible to now lock the rear brakes under braking someing that should 100% happen when braking with so much brake bias towards the rear of the car, brakes on f1 cars are very small on the rear so using anything less than 54% should at least snatch/lock up and cause some issue in heavy braking zones and even have the car spin, even locking the fronts can be hard to do now and with little to no repurcussions.  

anyone that says nothing has changed except the bias numbers is wrong a lot more is going on in the figures for car handling/physics for this. 

8 hours ago, cearp8858 said:

the way you brake on f1 2021 is the same as 2020 now, its a backwards and lazy way to prevent esports drivers driving unrealisticly.

it is impossible to now lock the rear brakes under braking someing that should 100% happen when braking with so much brake bias towards the rear of the car, brakes on f1 cars are very small on the rear so using anything less than 54% should at least snatch/lock up and cause some issue in heavy braking zones and even have the car spin, even locking the fronts can be hard to do now and with little to no repurcussions.  

anyone that says nothing has changed except the bias numbers is wrong a lot more is going on in the figures for car handling/physics for this. 

No one was running under 55 before the update.....so in reality nothing has changed as far as braking is concern, but by moving it back it changes the balance of the car on corner entry.

That is how they got rid of the glitch....simple and effective. 

i mean most setups used 55-57% bias to the front brakes before the handling model changed and all this change was is reverting to f1 2020's car braking so everyone using 50% now

on the old model using less than 55% brake bias so 50-54% under heavy braking would and could induce rear wheel locking causing over steer in corner entry which is correct car behavior, what wasn't is the way you could drift the cars and still gain time which was wholly unrealistic.

since the handling change it's impossible to lock the rear brakes, braking really takes no skill and you have zero consequences and you have a car that instead of tuning the understeer with aero balance you use brakes instead to get the car to initially rotate on corner entry and run as little wing as possible

how anyone can say nothing has changed is beyond me because a lot has been changed.