2019 FIA World Rally Championship

sqdstr said:
Hanninen & Bouffier also used to be Hyundai test drivers in the past.
So what happened with Sarrazin then now that Hirvonen, Bouffier & Hanninen are onboard?
Sarrazin was at TMG ( Germán Toyota) and Mikko, Juho and Bryan are in TGR ( Finnish toyota)

YoMrWhite said:

Toyota couldn't lure Meeke away from Citroen and all the other top drivers are under contract, too. Maybe they could still get Evans. But right now it looks as if development is in the hands of retired drivers and/or youngsters. No ideal scenario for sure. I could even imagine them to unretire Hirvonen.
I told you so, didn't I?

Red Bull TV removed their WRC 2015 50 minute video's, but it seems that they are doing the 2016 season, so anyone who has no good coverage or doesn't want to get WRC+: http://www.redbull.tv/shows/AP-1M7QKC2W51W11/world-rally-championship-2016

Areyouben said:
Red Bull TV removed their WRC 2015 50 minute video's, but it seems that they are doing the 2016 season, so anyone who has no good coverage or doesn't want to get WRC+: http://www.redbull.tv/shows/AP-1M7QKC2W51W11/world-rally-championship-2016
Bless you for sharing this information mate :)

Latvala out in day 1 in Sweeden, Meeke broke again suspension with a stone under the snow when he was fighting with Ogier... this season looks terrible. :(

Underkex said:
Latvala out in day 1 in Sweeden, Meeke broke again suspension with a stone under the snow when he was fighting with Ogier... this season looks terrible. :(
He officially retired? Ah man... Someday latvala will win th championship... Some day...

Underkex said:
Can someone explain how Latvala and Meeke are still running albeit many minutes down?

Super Rally allows you continue the day following retirement.  You receive a time penalty but can continue to hopefully score manufacturer points &/or compete for a place on the Power stage

Maybe because otherwise there are way too less cars for the spectators? So Meeke and Latvala are just for the show. That's what I thought, because if I am right when you retire on track you can't re-enter in WRC, in ERC you can. But I might be wrong. 
Found some regs that apply - called Rally 2. This is a set of regulations that allow a driver who retires from an event to re-enter the next day at the cost of a five-minute time penalty. They can still be classified and potentially earn WRC points.

KevM said:
Super Rally allows you continue the day following retirement.  You receive a time penalty but can continue to hopefully score manufacturer points &/or compete for a place on the Power stage
Thanks Kev. It seems Rally 2 is the new name for Super Rally. Learn stuff everyday!

I liked Super Rally more than Rally 2... and SWRC and PWRC as opposed to WRC 2 and WRC 3... and N and A classifications as opposed to R... :(

Does any Latvala fan here believe he can win the championship someday? I do :)

Also, would anyone like to see Gardemeister or Tuohino return? What about Petter? (He teased a return in an Instagram post ;)

Maybe because otherwise there are way too less cars for the spectators? So Meeke and Latvala are just for the show. That's what I thought, because if I am right when you retire on track you can't re-enter in WRC, in ERC you can. But I might be wrong. 
Found some regs that apply - called Rally 2. This is a set of regulations that allow a driver who retires from an event to re-enter the next day at the cost of a five-minute time penalty. They can still be classified and potentially earn WRC points.
That's old stuff mate. 2015 season introduced a penalty of seven minutes added to the best time driven in the relevant category or ten minutes if it is the last stage of the day.

As for Mr. Hollywood's comeback it might be possible with Toyota in 2017, but time will tell ;) 

PaloSamo said:
That's old stuff mate. 2015 season introduced a penalty of seven minutes added to the best time driven in the relevant category or ten minutes if it is the last stage of the day.
Thanks, I am just getting back into rallying since the eighties. BTW where are the Lancias? ;)

Yep, that's definitely the case. Sebastien Loeb retired due to black ice on a Monte Carlo stage, used Super Rally rule and finished 2nd, 1 minute behind the leader (can't remember for a life of me against who though). That was back in the Xsara time. I think it was in 2005 season.

Hate Eric Cuntilli, mega slow pace and he crashes a lot :angry: 
 Please. It's like repeating the history of every newbie in WRC. You can't learn without crashing. Look at all the rally icons. Look at all drivers that are currently trying to come up.

You can't just jump into WRC and drive at so high stake without risk. Well you can...but then you become Prokop, etc.

versedi said:
Hate Eric Cuntilli, mega slow pace and he crashes a lot :angry: 
 Please. It's like repeating the history of every newbie in WRC. You can't learn without crashing. Look at all the rally icons. Look at all drivers that are currently trying to come up.

You can't just jump into WRC and drive at so high stake without risk. Well you can...but then you become Prokop, etc.
I know that and i like drivers who learn by crashing, but the ones that go flat out and thats why they crash, not crashing while not going full speed because of "learning" 

Final times:
1. Ogier           1:59:47.4
2. Paddon        +29.8
3. Ostberg       +55.6
4. Mikkelsen   +1:10.8
5. Tanak          +1:50.7
6. Sordo           +2:24.0
7. H. Solberg   +2:40.0
8. C. Breen      +2:44.6

Underkex said:
Final times:
1. Ogier           1:59:47.4