Jump to content

2019 FIA World Rally Championship

Recommended Posts

PaloSamo said:
Engine cooked, end of rally. Breen has shown the boys how to drive on the "best bit of Tarmac in the world" :) 


The first rally I co-drove, ran the Torr Head stage (though possibly in the opposite direction).  Talk about a Baptism of fire for pacenotes - lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redbull.tv doesn't have any WRC rally highlights anymore? I thought they did the official coverage of the WRC?
What's the point then of being broadcaster if u don't put the coverage online...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedBull is not the broadcaster. They feature last rally's highlights but only for a limited time and one rally at a time only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
they are the official promoter, last year they had full season coverage online untill beginning of this year, now they have nothing anymore, or only for a limited time like u say.
for an official promoter I think that is a big load of bollox, so best let another company do it that actually gives a sh*t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The official promoter is WRC Promoter GmbH. Red Bull is not even listed in their Partners and Sponsors list, nor in the broadcasters list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We left the final stage today once we seen Perez's Stratos - cos it sounds awesome!! :)


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaloSamo said:
The official promoter is WRC Promoter GmbH. Red Bull is not even listed in their Partners and Sponsors list, nor in the broadcasters list. 
hmm, ok my bad, thought it was still Redbull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meanwhile in NZ... Paddon tearing a few Rally Otago records to shreds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PScjE2GuZbw&feature=youtu.be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well it's not WRC but what the heck.
I'd love to see rally like this in DR or next title. Such a nice tarmac stage.

https://youtu.be/u3L5IfR6UkM?list=PLVyRAt2cxbxtf8jr91kqhUxYCWhMg0Uua

After watching @edgenz I want NZ. So beautiful landscapes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hairy stage, Crazy pace - Unreal!                   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yea reminds me a little bit of my home village around stages like this: (highly recommend watching, roads like this are everywhere around me :D )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRZEOh4wm6U

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sqdstr said:
PaloSamo said:
The official promoter is WRC Promoter GmbH. Red Bull is not even listed in their Partners and Sponsors list, nor in the broadcasters list. 
hmm, ok my bad, thought it was still Redbull
WRC Promoter is Red Bull and Sportsman Media. It's a joint company, so I don't know why Red Bull's promotion of WRC on their own media website has taken such a big step backward compared to last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dwkGravey said:
sqdstr said:
PaloSamo said:
The official promoter is WRC Promoter GmbH. Red Bull is not even listed in their Partners and Sponsors list, nor in the broadcasters list. 
hmm, ok my bad, thought it was still Redbull
WRC Promoter is Red Bull and Sportsman Media. It's a joint company, so I don't know why Red Bull's promotion of WRC on their own media website has taken such a big step backward compared to last year.
Good point there, I didn't do my research right ;) It probably is about money, what else? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
Well it's not WRC but what the heck.
I'd love to see rally like this in DR or next title. Such a nice tarmac stage.

https://youtu.be/u3L5IfR6UkM?list=PLVyRAt2cxbxtf8jr91kqhUxYCWhMg0Uua

After watching @edgenz I want NZ. So beautiful landscapes!
I just love that Stage, so nice so Sweet so great, i want any rally but this is in my favs list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaloSamo said:
dwkGravey said:
sqdstr said:
PaloSamo said:
The official promoter is WRC Promoter GmbH. Red Bull is not even listed in their Partners and Sponsors list, nor in the broadcasters list. 
hmm, ok my bad, thought it was still Redbull
WRC Promoter is Red Bull and Sportsman Media. It's a joint company, so I don't know why Red Bull's promotion of WRC on their own media website has taken such a big step backward compared to last year.
Good point there, I didn't do my research right ;) It probably is about money, what else? 
I would think directing people to WRC+, but I don't see any mention of it on Redbull.tv. It's like when they don't have a highlights episode to host, then the WRC doesn't exist for them. Maybe Red Bull is less involved with WRC Promoter this season, I can't find any information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, they push WRC+ whenever they can (it's all over WRC website), but RedBull as such is more about extreme sports as opposed to classic rallying. Just a guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Volkswagen has revealed the first image of its Polo R WRC, the car with which it will compete in the 2017 World Rally Championship.

The concept image shows what the car could look like under the new regulations coming into play next year, when cars are set to be wider, lighter and more powerful."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Areyouben said:
"Volkswagen has revealed the first image of its Polo R WRC, the car with which it will compete in the 2017 World Rally Championship.

The concept image shows what the car could look like under the new regulations coming into play next year, when cars are set to be wider, lighter and more powerful."

Looks like the old extreme concept cars on Evo Studios WRC games weren't so far-fetched after all. 
I suppose they were very accurate predictions, actually, just like when Jim Morrison predicted the path popular music would take. 

It does look like a vicious design, but after seeing what Gronholm had to report, I'm really not looking forward to 2017. 
If they have lifeless behavior from the outside, and they're easy to drive on the inside, then I'll be very disappointed. 

They're designed to be faster with better aero, which is pointless when drivers like JML are speaking truths when stating that they wouldn't want any more speed on rallies like Finland, etc. because it then becomes a safety issue. 

I don't think the WRC needs more speed, I think it needs more pure action. 
Like Vatanen said a few months ago, give the drivers RWD cars and make it a spectacle. It'll take more skill, and provide a lot more entertainment. 

There's a reason why the Mk2 Escort is my favourite rally car of all time, beyond it's looks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That image just looks like a Scirocco with a Polo R nose photoshopped on.

I fully agree with you Bear.  Watching the Circuit at the weekend was the first rally I have enjoyed in ages, with everyone in 'budget' R5 cars, they were driving the balls off them!  
Even the Mk2's locally are all wrong.  They are running 2.5 300+ bhp engines and 15" wheels, all set up for grip and stability.  Gone are the days where a Mk2 used to arrive tail-lights first at most junctions....  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
That image just looks like a Scirocco with a Polo R nose photoshopped on.

I fully agree with you Bear.  Watching the Circuit at the weekend was the first rally I have enjoyed in ages, with everyone in 'budget' R5 cars, they were driving the balls off them!  
Even the Mk2's locally are all wrong.  They are running 2.5 300+ bhp engines and 15" wheels, all set up for grip and stability.  Gone are the days where a Mk2 used to arrive tail-lights first at most junctions....  :(
Some of the modern tarmac spec Mk2's upset me. They grip-wobble down a road, instead of crazy-wobble like they used to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
Well it's not WRC but what the heck.
I'd love to see rally like this in DR or next title. Such a nice tarmac stage.

https://youtu.be/u3L5IfR6UkM?list=PLVyRAt2cxbxtf8jr91kqhUxYCWhMg0Uua

After watching @edgenz I want NZ. So beautiful landscapes!
If we could pick any location to be added to the game, then Irish tarmac stages would be my first choice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://twitter.com/RallyingUK/status/719859380997517312 
                                                                                        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This should really be in a "WRC 2017" thread, but I thought I'd put it in here. First image of the C3 WRC:


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Much better photo here...



...I would prefer it to have been based on the DS3, but still looks pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×