2020 FIA World Rally Championship

tbtstt said:
Well that was absolutely awful. Clocaenog was ok, Brenig was a bit rough but it was enjoyable. Unfortunately someone had a very bad accident and we got red flagged. Penmachno was without a doubt the worst stage I’ve ever done, unbelievably rough and it broke the front suspension. We limped to slate mountain where we hit a rock and that was game over
Damn, that explains why I didn't see you in Myherin.

Fully agree with your comment about the speed of the cars. The R5's look quick, the latest WRCars are just incredible. 
I’m home now and downloading my GoPro footage, but a combination of slow computer and slow internet means it might be a while before I have anything to show!

How was your rally?

tbtstt said:
Well that was absolutely awful. Clocaenog was ok, Brenig was a bit rough but it was enjoyable. Unfortunately someone had a very bad accident and we got red flagged. Penmachno was without a doubt the worst stage I’ve ever done, unbelievably rough and it broke the front suspension. We limped to slate mountain where we hit a rock and that was game over

Fully agree with your comment about the speed of the cars. The R5's look quick, the latest WRCars are just incredible. 
I’m home now and downloading my GoPro footage, but a combination of slow computer and slow internet means it might be a while before I have anything to show!

How was your rally?
Excellent! Got to Myherin early last night (was actually the first car to park up!), slept in the car overnight and hit the stage first thing.

Saw @Rallycameraman on the walk into the stage. Went to the end of the stage for the Nationals and then back towards where we started for the second running of the WRC's.

I took a few pictures, but I wanted to just watch some of the cars. 

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

How was your rally?
Excellent! Got to Myherin early last night (was actually the first car to park up!), slept in the car overnight and hit the stage first thing.

Saw @Rallycameraman on the walk into the stage. Went to the end of the stage for the Nationals and then back towards where we started for the second running of the WRC's.

I took a few pictures, but I wanted to just watch some of the cars. 
Yeah, it’s often better to just put the camera down and just e hit the spectacle of these cars!

Meeke confirmed at Toyota in 2019! Next year is already shaping up to be a good one. 

So Meeke confirmed for Toyota, and Lappi all but confirmed for Citroën.

Latvala isn't confirmed yet, but most likely staying at Toyota. Or will Malcolm manage to get him to M-Sport again?

Sounds like Citroën won't go for 3 cars full time next year, so most probably both Mads and Breen are without a drive. Will one or both of them go to M-Sport then? 

WRC2 rather than WRC, but Petter Solberg testing the Polo R5

https://youtu.be/BBcshjG8BLw

I am not as in love with the styling of the Polo R5 as I am the Fiesta, but it does look pretty damn cool. 

I wonder if that Polo will be as dominant in the R5 class as they been in WRC and WRX.

Dytut said:
I wonder if that Polo will be as dominant in the R5 class as they been in WRC and WRX.
I guess it will be as dominant as Skoda so far in R5 class.

Car looks ok but has an awful sound, especially when off-throtle

https://rallysportmag.com/another-famous-manufacturer-looks-set-for-wrc-return/

So according to this article Latvala will stay at Toyota for a 3 car lineup with Tanäk & Meeke. Lappi moves to Citroën and will be confirmed on october 18th.
But also that we might see Mitsubishi again in WRC in a few years.

2021, is that when the current regulations go through their overhaul? Makes sense for them to come back when all cars need to be rebuilt a bit, like Toyota did. 

So confirmed drivers list is now:

Toyota: Tänak, Latvala, Meeke
Citroën: Ogier, Lappi
Hyundai: Neuville, Mikkelsen
M-Sport: Suninen

Sounds like Citroën might go for two cars, which I find a bit at odds with Ogier saying they're all in now. I still hope we'll see a third car, since good teammates are quite important for the drivers title. In that case, I'd believe in Breen there.
Hyundai will most likely go for a split car like this year. Might be that Paddon moves to M-Sport, but unlikely.
M-Sport is still wide open. As it looks now, they might go for Breen as first driver, or at least as #2. Ostberg and Paddon are maybes. Might bring up someone from WRC2. Take a wild gamble on Rovanperä maybe, or pick up Tidemand or Kopecky. With Meeke gone there aren't any proven winners available to pick from. 

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/139346/corsica-announces-its-wrc-calendar-reprieve

Tour de Corse is in for 2019, Japan is out. WRC Promoter wanted Japan, the France-based Frenchmen-led FIA wanted a French round, whether that meant 14 rounds or 15. Quelle surprise. Can't say I'm happy about that, I'd like to see more variety in the WRC, and especially more "world" in the "World Rally" part, especially with China's demise. Not to mention the built-in Toyota fanbase for a Japanese round and the opportunity to attract a new generation of fans there. C'est la vie.

quite disappointing that Tour de Corse is still in and Japan will not happen, imo thous mountain roads are awesome there and Tore de Corse is weakest and most boring round of current calendar.

Well, I personally love FiA just as much as I love FIFA. Which means not so much. 
Japan would be great, in fact they could get probably the most exciting tarmac rally if they used one of local rallies. Narrow and super technical!

word is Paddon and Breen will both be joining M-Sport now. Good if true although surprised Ostberg isn't joining considering he brings some £££ as well as experience and speed

I definitely think Breen will join M-Sport if Citroën is going for two cars. Paddon... I hope so, but he has such strong ties to Hyundai at home....

Breen and Paddon would be a perfect fit for M-Sport though. Experienced, and both of them can be very fast. Might be a spark that reignites their careers, knowing that both of them really want to do better than they have so far.

I went more to watch rather than photograph, but I couldn't help taking a few pictures while I was in Wales! 

Handful more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157702478514395

If anyone is interested! 

There we go, the expected announcements of Meeke to Toyota and Lappi to Citroën. 

By the sound of it, Meeke is just happy to get a drive and made a point of not stirring things up in the team. So we'll see if he can keep to that ;-) Toyota should have the manufacturers title ready and waiting with that team, considering that I'd say all three of their drivers could potentially win any rally.

Toyota is most dominant team in 2019 tbh, I just hope, these three can get along in the same team. I really want to see Breen and Paddon in Ford now - maybe they under performing is just their old team car not suitable to them. Same to Kris  :)

juu1ius said:
Toyota is most dominant team in 2019 tbh, I just hope, these three can get along in the same team. I really want to see Breen and Paddon in Ford now - maybe they under performing is just their old team car not suitable to them. Same to Kris  :)
I really hope mads gets a drive too. A three car m sport team of Breen Paddon and mads would be great

juu1ius said:
I really hope mads gets a drive too. A three car m sport team of Breen Paddon and mads would be great
Suninen is confirmed at M-Sport so there are only two seats available there. 

juu1ius said:
Oh is he? I hadn’t seen that. That’s not looking good for mads then :( Breen confirmed he has a drive next year, but didn’t say who, so M-Sport is most likely

juu1ius said:
Oh is he? I hadn’t seen that. That’s not looking good for mads then :( Breen confirmed he has a drive next year, but didn’t say who, so M-Sport is most likely
Should have given you a link: https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/139006/msport-considering-options-after-ogier-exit

Suninen is already under contract, that's why there has been no announcement.