F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

2020 FIA World Rally Championship

Loeb knackered from Dakar and Neuville will struggle under the pressure; Ogier and Tanak will fight it out, with the winner determined by Tanak going off the road temporarily on SS10. Not to be too specific. Rovanpera to win WRC2 with Bonato breaking down on Friday and Sarazzin and Greensmith going off the road. Evans will destroy Suninen.

Not to be too specific. I've no idea about Tidemand or Lappi.

Lappi is a bit of a wildcard, will be interesting to see how he'll do. Tidemand will be aiming for keeping up with Suninen, anything faster than that and he'll be outperforming his expectations.

Not sure where to put this, but its all but officially confirmed that Oliver Solberg is coming to the USA to rally.  Rumor has it that he might bring the VW R5, but also heard Subaru is getting him a car.  Hope its the VW.  He has shown up on a couple of lists now, one of them I believe receiving a rally license from ARA.  

Yea this is more Gossip, and not WRC but it would get buried today with the Germany DiRT presentation.  

Apparently he tested in a Subaru last year. If you want to win in American rally then Subaru is the team to drive for but, in order to keep it interesting, I'd like to see the Polo R5 in the US. 

Finally get to see Loeb drive the i20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Td3OB7Na0

Dunno, it seems to look good at least :-) 

Further to my previous post I have just seen a comment on Facebook suggesting that Oliver Solberg will be the third driver for Kristoffersson Motorsport in 2019 and participating in rally events only this year. 

Will Kristoffersson Motorsport go to the US? 

There is a rather well known name in American rally here that claims to have knowledge that he is coming here, and like I said he is on the list of participants competing over here.  That doesn’t always come to fruition but its a step.... it will teally up the anti for SRTUSA and will hopefully create a good season like 2013 when Bllock competed a full season.  Subaru revised thier whole car after that season because of the pressure Block put on them.

Oliver confirmed at KMS:

http://kms-racing.com/nyheter/vwdtb-release-19.html?fbclid=IwAR3fKkpr-JgrMJJvz_NuYBIfYUCUCyewwKzP9ylIQFHN4AYuT1rZCbt8f88

No mention of the US yet, but does touch on "national and international" events. 

tbtstt said:
Oliver confirmed at KMS:

http://kms-racing.com/nyheter/vwdtb-release-19.html?fbclid=IwAR3fKkpr-JgrMJJvz_NuYBIfYUCUCyewwKzP9ylIQFHN4AYuT1rZCbt8f88

No mention of the US yet, but does touch on "national and international" events. 
Just Latvia and Estonia confirmed for Oliver in that article. And probably some WRC rounds once he turns 18 later in the year. So no indications of US outing with KMS.

I don't think it makes sense to ship VW R5 for USA event, they are still quite few around and who knows who is actually paying for it, don't think it's Solbergs own money. I mean, if its Subaru, then no way it's VW :D

Nice overview who is driving in WRC, WRC2PRO and WRC2: https://twitter.com/PushingPace/status/1087889473000669184

Everyone trying to spot new cars in the footage from today, meanwhile Østberg is testing the 2019 C3 WRC at Monte
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs7erEcg6bb/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=wp41phzgi0mz
Hope he gets at least one drive with an eventual third car in an event this year... 

WRC+ are showing shakedown live this morning! Good to see that they are doing that now. Also the camera angles are looking much better, with new telemetry on screen too. I only had a quick look whilst at work, but it looked good. Unfortunately I’m going out to a gig tonight so I’ll be missing the start!

I haven't got the wrc+ yet this year. I'm getting a new t300 and r383 rim, combined with my dirt rally 2.0 pre order I've blown my budget. Hopefully have it for Sweden though. Channel 5 still have highlights do you know?

Meeke fastest on shakedown.  Tommi needs to get the recovery lorry warmed up.... :(

KevM said:
Meeke fastest on shakedown.  Tommi needs to get the recovery lorry warmed up.... :(
Meeke is going to get crucified by the fans if he bins it again! I really hope he has a good result this weekend (and at the very least beats the Citroens!)

tbtstt said:
KevM said:
Meeke is going to get crucified by the fans if he bins it again! I really hope he has a good result this weekend (and at the very least beats the Citroens!)
If he wins everyone will be happy, if he bins it there will be a shit load of meme creators who will be very happy

I'll be watching the free red bull coverage again this year.
I subbed to WRC+ Basic for the power stage, but yeah I'll be watching Red Bull's highlights and live stage.

Personally I think All live is well worth it. The commentary is much better on all live than the basic package with Jon Desboring. And being able to watch it all as it happens is really great.