2020 FIA World Rally Championship

Keep an eye out for this lad in Junior WRC 😉 

• Like 3

Rally Sweden is just one big joke this year, they should've just cancelled the whole event instead of letting it go through with like half of the stages and still having to cancel more stages due to the weather.

Or at least adjust the point scoring system and only go for half the points like in their own FIA rules....

Only 1 stage tomorrow then....

"UPDATE REGARDING SUNDAY'S ITINERARY

Due to changing weather conditions and to protect the road for the rally-closing Wolf Power Stage, Sunday's itinerary has been amended. The first pass through SS17 Likenäs 1 will not take place and competitors will tackle SS18 Likenäs 2 as scheduled. The first competitor will now restart at 10.53 ahead of a 15-minute service in Torsby. SS18 Likenäs 2 (21.19km) will start at 12.18."

I believe the main concern has been that the cars were going to hit unreasonably fast levels with less snow about, and Sweden was already the highest average speed rally of last year.

There's a certain average speed the FIA don't want cars to go above for safety reasons, and they hit it last year.

Maby they should move Sweden rally to more north, there´s plenty of snow.
image.thumb.png.03be07fc303d0d96fc95d7fef9ddc090.png

Yeah, I really think it should be moved up into the north. Granted, this winter has been extreme with the lack of cold and snow, but with the climate getting warmer it's not likely to get better in Värmland. 

Too bad tarmac rallying is forbidden in Sweden, we have some fantastic tarmac roads in Uppland that would've been awesome to see as a winter tarmac rally.

I not completely agree with Todt

as far as I know the studded tyres offers more grip on ice and snow than gravel tyres on gravel.

if it’s less snow I think the solution can just be gravel tyres.

if a rally in snow is to fast, they could also switch from studded tyres to snow tyres. That will definitely lower the cornering speeds. 

Ofcourse the global warming of the planet causes there is no/less snow, but next to that there is a trend that every 7 years there is a year with less snow. I know that some years ago there was a Sweden rally with less snow. 

Well now, Ogier at the bottom of his team without any real big issues. This'll be... interesting. 

The big trouble is that with no snow or ice, the gravel roads are damaged by the studded tyres, and the organisers can’t afford to pay to repair all the roads. It’s a shame they had to cancel so much, because it would have been interesting to see who could have managed all the conditions the best. But yeah in future I hope this never happens again, and the only way that’s going to happen is to change locations.

Any way, I’m so happy for Elfyn, very much deserved. Also Kalle has a brilliant weekend. This year’s championship could be very interesting

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Dytut said:

Well now, Ogier at the bottom of his team without any real big issues. This'll be... interesting. 

He is just giving the rest of the field a head start before he becomes one with the Yaris! 

Fantastic drive from Evans and an astonishing performance from Kalle as well. It is obviously very early days, but there looks to be a potential three or four way fight for the title this year. 

I think the key for some of Ogier’s (non VW) championships is mostly due toconsistently scoring points, not so much for scoring ultimate points.

56 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I think the key for some of Ogier’s (non VW) championships is mostly due toconsistently scoring points, not so much for scoring ultimate points.

Yeah, Ogier is a very smart driver and tends to be pretty consistent with his point scoring: his greatest moments have been pulling some epic drives out of the bag when he has been up against it. 

• Agree 1

Ogier is the ultimate championship driver, consistently scores good points and pulls it out of the bag when he needs a win

Jon's been talking to DirtFish about the crash:

• Sad 1